Reviews for To the Beat of a Different Drum
Torli chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
Yay, I think that you have managed to depict them both so well. I have a soft spot for Faramint, you know?:D
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
A great story. Very well written.
Emily chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Your perspective on what Boromir did and did not notice about the way Denethor treated Faramir during his childhood (and beyond, incidentally) seems a little lenient to Denethor- not at all like I imagined it- but to each his/her own, I suppose. I might be prejudiced by all the anti-Denethor fanfic I've read, but I think Boromir was very much aware of the way Denethor basically degraded Faramir, but couldn't really do much to stop it; his father wouldn't tolerate that so much.

But I like the metaphor with the drums, and then how it actually turned out to not be a metaphor at all. That was cool.
Hunchbook chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Awesome! It's hard to tell whether you've read the books from this fic (too many authors post under the Books heading when they base their fic on the movies) but it's great anyway. I love your writing style. This is a great character sketch.
Mrs Miniver chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Very good writing and insightful too. I enjoyed this a lot!
steelelf chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
Very cute! I like it that Boromir's like, Wha? What's this? And then relizes oh, there's another DRUM!
theLastBLACK17 chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
I like the metaphor that you used for Boromir and Faramir. I have to admit I'm a bit of a Faramir supporter, and hate Denethor to the ends of the earth. For obvious reasons. I especially liked the part where Boromir remembers Faramir as the eight year old boy who tried to be like him. It's a very good start. Happy writing!

{Shameless plug, but please r/r my own LOTR story, 'Die Unbekannte Blume or The Unknown Flower'}
Seadragon68 chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
Great use of the metaphor! You encapulated the relationship neatly in a small amount of words and within the framework of the phrase.

Really well done!
katieelessar chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
Heartfelt and touching. I loved it. A smile was on my face when I finished. Very nice. Keep writing!

K. Elessar