Reviews for 13: Reunion
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 10 . 4/15/2012
It takes me til now to get why Gordon has an accent! *Facepalm*
cathrl chapter 10 . 12/21/2005
I love this AU! It took me ages to figure out what was going on with Gordon's accent, but it does make a lot of sense. It's all consistent, and it's not just different for the sake of it.

Nice one - thanks for sharing.
zeilfanaat chapter 10 . 7/23/2005
Nice one! John speaking up for both Gordon and Alan, Virgil backing him up. Wow, got quite some stories caught up with today. Only four more to go, if I'm counting correctly. ;)

Keep up the good work!
Agent Five chapter 10 . 4/21/2005
And yet again you do not disappoint! Your style, your descriptions, your characters ... all fantastically absorbing. A joy to read.

(Any news on issue 14 and John's trip to Mars yet?)
Spense chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
I'm enjoying your view of Tracy Life - especially the chapter 'Growing up Tracy' - nice take on Growing up Gotti! Interesting, unique view of the Tracy clan. Keep up the good work.
i'mpeckable chapter 9 . 4/17/2005
"Crap," indeed!
barb from utah chapter 9 . 4/16/2005
I like this chapter. Alan and Gordon seem to have discovered a talent that they both share. I did try to e-mail you but my computer has a mind of it's own. I apolize if I leave bad or stupid reviews or questions. Sometime I just can't seem to put two words together. Thanks
clairie chapter 8 . 4/15/2005
Oh dear, those pesky security systems!

I'm really glad you decided to write this story, it's been bugging me for a while exactly what happened to Gordon.

Which leads me to a question, What kind of accent does Gordon have? I know he moved around alot when he was young and that he lived for a while in sheffield, but is it a yorkshire accent or something different?
Tikatu chapter 8 . 4/14/2005
Heh, heh, heh (and more insane chuckling). Neither of them had figured on the defenses, huh? They are in for so much trouble. Alan and Gordon will be running from Virgil, with Scooter nipping at their heels. I can hardly wait for John's reaction.

Terrific chapter. Nice description of Brains; his nervousness around new people has been so well described in your fics.

Update soonest!
Opal Girl chapter 6 . 4/12/2005
OMG, now you've got me feeling sorry for Alan. I can't believe Scott and Virgil's reaction to the news that Alan was arriving. I knew they weren't crazy about him, but I didn't realize it was that deep. I love John being the one who is civil about it. Maybe he understands how Alan and Gordon are feeling and Virgil and Scott don't. Can't wait until Gennine meets Gordon considering that she considers him her son in the previous stories.
Findal chapter 6 . 4/12/2005
I am really enjoying this now - your au is so well realised that it doesn't feel like au at all now. I almost like your version better than the real one (if that isn't sacrilige). Real honest characters, even if they are all a little odd!

I like your foreshadowing of Allan and Gordon's relationship in this chapter. Thank goodness Allan's got someone who understands him. Your observation that it is Scott who dislikes him most is one of your little pearls of character development.

I don't know if your going to write it (as you seem to lean definitly Gordon/John), but I loved Virgil's comments about looking after little brothers in one of your other stories. Anyway, just a little wish.

And thank goodness endgame wasn't really the end.
barb from utah chapter 6 . 4/11/2005
As usual it is a great chapter. Nice interaction between Alan and Gordon. See they have the same temper. I do have a question what did you mean by the comment their last conversation many years later.
barb from utah chapter 5 . 4/11/2005
I like the confusion and mixed emotions of answer to Virgil's question is interesting. I wonder other than the obvisious was she worried about Jeff sending someone to come take me back. It gives you something to think about.
Tikatu chapter 5 . 4/11/2005
LOL! I get home from picking up the kids, where I had just discussed with them a certain James Joyce book, and here it is, title to your latest chapter! Gave me a good chuckle.

Wonderful description of Virgil here, very not-TV and very not-Movie. I could see him in my mind's eye, standing there, shell-shocked. And Gordon's reaction to all this "brotherly love" has been great.

I have to wonder why Kathleen was so scared for Gordon; was she frightened of Jeff coming back to take him, or of others finding out that he was actually Jeff's son and kidnapping him? Or perhaps for another reason entirely. The bit about "phone calls in the night" suggests either Jeff checking up or someone outside the family threatening her. Still, very intriguing.

Jeff's comment about flying out to another office just underscores his 'workaholic' nature. I can't wait to get to the point where Gordon is introduced to International Rescue.

One more comment: I am assuming that some of this is explanation of just what Gordon has lost from his memory in the main continuity of the story. Looking forward to see how much of it he regains, if any.
Agent Five chapter 4 . 4/11/2005
This is just gorgeous. You've established your characters so effectively that stepping back into the past like this is mesmerising. Your take on these guys is original but then so well detailed that you do feel that these are old friends. You've captured something truly wonderful and I'm in complete awe (and, at the same time, frustrated by the new 'work in progress' style! I usually spot your entry and set aside time to lose myself in a complete journey. Nevermind. Waiting impatiently for the next chapter does make it seem all the more precious.)