Reviews for Maritius
TheDude chapter 18 . 1/7
Excellent fanfic, especially for a game this ancient. zi enjoyed it very much and hope you find the time to continue working on it and finish it. BTW, where are the Krogoths you hinted at in the prologue? And have you played TA Escalation? Is that where the spider titan comes from :)
DaLintyGuy chapter 17 . 11/28/2014
They have a point... a TA faction should be one exponentially increasing military juggernaut, not taking weeks to bother building up.
Plus the fact the Core managed to bumrush the defenses to begin with. They probably could have been stronger.
wertner chapter 16 . 11/25/2014
Well this is a pleasant surprise! I honestly expected this to be a dead fic. Gonna have to go back and read from the beginning to remember what's going on. Good to see you still working on this, keep it up!
DaLintyMan chapter 16 . 11/24/2014
Marked4life chapter 15 . 9/30/2013
It's been great to read some good lengthy Ta fiction.
TA has remained my favourite game, despite playing Supcom.

Despite being unfinished I will remember this story, and I look forward to its continuation.

I also enjoyed seeing the unit names, I remember enough of TA to visualize the units you mention.

Anyway thank you for the story.
I think I'll go reinstall TA now.

P.S. can anyone recommend some good TA fiction that didn't die after chapter 1?
Thank you.
KonisForce chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Peacemaker - That'll be fine. Happy to share! Hopefully I'll get back to this for real someday. I left Dir-16 and them hanging, certainly. And best of luck with your story. Hope you'll share here as well!
Peacemaker chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I am currently writing a very long story about TotalA, an I wish I could use and quote some things you have here. The concepts you present in this chapter will be almost entirely adopted; You and the "old fanfiction" will be credited, of course, but I'd feel better if you gave me your permission to do so.
wertner chapter 15 . 8/9/2010
I enjoyed this chapter, you are getting back into your previous style of writing which i enjoyed greatly.
Sir Nickolas chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
(Note the following is only an opinion from the reviewer. Do not count this review on behalf of any group or community.)

I read this story and heavily enjoyed it, the characters and the original descriptions are really awesome and fun to read.

However, after reading your latest chapter, you did go into a new style of sorts and the whole story just seemed heavily different. I read your note on Chapter 1, and am saddened that you will refrain from using the military names for units (Peewee, Hammer, etc). These things really helped us visualize the battles and other events happening at the time. (provided we played Total Annihilation)

I really enjoyed the old style of writing, but as I have not read the updated form besides your newest chapter, I can't really comment on it. The new style, based off the latest chapter, seemed to change the way the story was told quite a bit. As I read it, I thought the quality of the chapter was just low and dismissed it, but as it seems its a new style, it no longer grasps my attention to the story as it used to. This may not be the case for other readers however.

As I have not played Supreme Commander and this fanfic is in the Total Annihilation section, I suggest trying to stay true to Total Annihilation as possible and staying to your old style of writing. I rather not see Martitius become a Total Annihilation / Supreme Commander crossover, but that move may please a different audience.

I can not be sure of what style is ultimately better, as I am only going off of the newest chapter. I would request the older style back, but its up to you (the writer) to chose your path for creating your story.

Alas, not to hurt this excellent story, but it seems your new style butchered a masterpiece. While the new style may gain favor with others, it may also cause a few readers to stop reading or lose interest in this fanfiction. (Also note that I'm only basing this review on the newest chapter using the new style, I have only skimmed through the rest of the story and perhaps seeing the few old pieces of text still existing in their glory.)

Just remember this is only an opinion from one man. Everyone else out there may enjoy the new style (or perhaps I am just blind today). Anyway, good luck to your future works.

Extra: 2nd review.
jtdoepke chapter 13 . 2/21/2010
I'm glad to see you working on this again.
WraithRune chapter 3 . 8/6/2009
cool story :D
Xerio chapter 11 . 7/16/2006
This is one of the best adaptations of a computer game to novel i've read. Maritius is an excellent and complex character and the many plot twists and inovations you make in reguards to a very limited background is exxtremely impressive. I notice however that you have not updated this is aproximately a year. It is a shame that you haven't, I eagerly hope that you'll recommence writing this as I've just added it to my favourites.
MaulMachine chapter 11 . 4/20/2006
Very nice.
Kardinin chapter 11 . 9/30/2005
Hey, this is the story that convinced me to become a member at

I've blown away many hours in this game, and the only way I can keep myself from failing out of all my classes playing this is by deleting it. But a great job on this.

I'm waiting to see how Derek-16 turns out. Keep this up! Too bad it doesn't get much love from the community due to the relative obscurity of TA (compared to, say, Starcraft), but a story like this deserves an ending.
the thousand orcs chapter 11 . 8/7/2005
I really like this fan fci, it has very good character interactvity and awsome battle descriptions. i think that the comander got the technology really high much too quickly and also believe that the commander is way too involved in battles. i like the idea of core vs. core but i hope that you will let the Arm forces realize what Derek-16 did and let him back in.