Reviews for Locked Door
darkraistlyn chapter 1 . 4/26
I've had that same idea... Clever. And well done!
SaoirseAva chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
I know that this was written years ago, but I have just come across it and I had to review after reading. This is one of the most compelling, interesting one-shots I've come across at this site! Really, you did an excellent job in writing it. Added to my favorites, to be sure!
Kryss LaBryn chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Great story! I love well-written Mad!Christines. :D
MadLizzy chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
I enjoy morbid stories, when they are well written, and yours is both. Thank you for a very interesting spin on the tale. It was appropriately creepy and has that lingering sense of madness that follows the reader out the door. ~ml
HDKingsbury chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
I read this story previously but realized that I never left any feedback. Shame on me. I love a well-written morbid story, and this one certainly fits that bill. Well written, with enough ambiguity to allow the reader to form his or her own opinion.

LynLin chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
WOW. That was really scary. ]
Mellia chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Oh, wow. This is really good. Spooky, confusing, and very interesting.
Rabidfangirl67 chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Susprnseful, great story, wow this is very good, please say it's not a one-shot!
Andrea chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
Ooh, fascinating! Suspenseful . . . interesting. Very well put together, and I find myself looking for a next chapter even though the stopping point is also well done. Very good! I love the questions at the end- What happened to the real Angel, was there one, ect.
adarabelle chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
Okay.. it's confusing, y'know. But I AM your fan.. so update a.s.a.p.
user789685445978 chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Boat! What an incredible story you have written! I love morbid fics, and this one is just amazing. I read the first half wondering what exactly was going on, and then once I read the part after Mme. Giry appeared - THUD! 0 I don't even know how to write a coherent review of this, I've been trying to digest the story for several hours now and my mind's still running around in circles shouting "oh my god!" D

The idea that the Opera Ghost is all a figment of Christine's insane imagination is just beyond creepy and so original. I can definitely say that I've never read a story like this before, and I make it a point to read as many insane-Christine fics as I can find. D I do love an insane Christine, but yours is one of the best I have ever read! Her madness is so convincing and fits so well into the POTO storyline. I could just see your Christine running around, frightening everyone half to death (including herself!) with tales of an Opera Ghost lurking in the cellars when all of the time, unbeknownst to her, it's all a figment of her twisted mind!

And the ending - oh my goodness! I was left with my mouth hanging open - bravo Boat! What a thought-provoking tale you have woven here, I am so glad that I found it. D I hope many more morbid plot bunnies come to life through your words! D
Erik'sTrueAngel chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
That was very intriguing. And interesting how Christine is locked away. I never thought about Raoul being killed by her. Hm. Good point though.
Althene chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
Awesomely written little fic, my dear. :) I really enjoyed reading it. I was so confused when I read it the first time, but second readings do help a lot, and I think I've got it. :P Anywhoo, kudos to your writing style! I love how you managed to keep up the suspence and the subtleness. Very very cool. :D
Tango1 chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
I admit to being a wimp and, as a rule, responding to the mere thought of Horror by running courageously in the other direction. :D That said, I had looked at this intriguing summary longingly for days, but never quite had the guts to click the link. Your review of "Solo" (thanks, btw!) gave me the perfect excuse to overcome my wimpiness and read the story - and I'm so glad I did!

I had thought there was nothing new to be said about MadChristine in all her many incarnations, but I happily admit to having been completely wrong. I loved the neat little twist with Erik's name, and the grand finale with its looming threat of worse things to come literally had me gasp in horror. It was interesting to me that this scenario, despite being very dark, is essentially entirely plausible - which makes it all the more powerful.

Suspense is really hard to create (and maintain!) and so I also wanted to compliment you on the style - my heart was pumping the whole way through the story!

Shazz chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
Marvelous story! Did you win the contest?

I think that there never was an Angel of Music and Christine made it all up. She is the one who killed Raoul. I bet the doctor was doing gross things to her, which is why she blocks the image of him from her thoughts and is going to kill him. Did you ever see Terminator 2? The girl in the insane asylum has an orderly come into her room and lick her face or something. I could see that happening to Christine.