Reviews for SWKOTOR Destiny's Pawn: Leviathan
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Nicely done.
Brave November chapter 3 . 4/24/2013
I've just recently started writing my own Kotor fanfic, and if it turns out half as well as yours, I'll be happy. This was excellent in so many ways! Even the dialogue taken directly from the games was made to fit perfectly into the situation, which is no mean feat. I think my favorite line was about T3 having "as much deviousness as his compatriot had homicidal mania." The way you made background elements fit into the rest of the story-the action and the thought-is something I truly envy and will definitely attempt to copy. My Revan is very different from yours, but yours is pretty damn good. Thanks for the great read!
Noy Telin'u chapter 7 . 10/2/2012

So... Juhani?

Who am I kidding? Oh well...
FORD B chapter 7 . 4/12/2012
Awesome read! Been some years and thought this was dropped. Glad to see it was finished.
chisscientist chapter 7 . 5/18/2011
This is a good story. Well done.
Heir-to-the-throne chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
I see you've read Dune. Very nice chapter.
Silver-ShadowSpark chapter 7 . 7/3/2010
Are you going to write the next ones? I'd like to see them.

JediZero chapter 7 . 5/20/2010
Great story. I see you recently updated the first two chapters. I greatly hope that means you intend on finishing it. Your characterizations are very good.
Lilan chapter 7 . 5/3/2010

I believe I IM'd you a while ago in response to your brilliant forum post about KOTOR2, and then you replied, and then I never got down to writing back! I'm not sure how it happened that I only now got to this novelization. Suffice to say that it took me two days and two aching eyes to go through all of it! Brilliant work. I've been looking for something like this for a long time, and I'm so very happy to have found it, especially since I've been going through a fit of acute KOTOR nostalgia.

I don't think I've ever come across a fanfiction story where characters other than Revan and Carth were done with such great care. I particularly love your Canderous - too many dismiss him as a blood-lusting brute, and he's so much more than that. Also, I really enjoy the insights you offer into various SW cultures, especially warrior ones: it's been great fun to compare them and try to find equivalents from real history...quite an intellectual challenge!

I notice you've updated the earlier books...might there be hope that you are considering completing the series? If so, that would be the best piece of SW fandom news for me in a long while! But even if not, thank you for a really enjoyable read. The strength of that game is its story, and you do it wonderful justice.

Thank you so much for a lovely read!

Rinslet chapter 7 . 12/28/2008
This is like, the 4th time or so that I've read your novelization. One thing that I really like is that not all the side-quests are accomplished by Fem!Revan. You've added more importance to the crew and that makes it a really good story cuz a lot of characters are involved and they are not just waiting in the sidelines.

Anyway, I hope that you are thinking of continuing. I look forward to it.

Nogs28 chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
I loved this series. As others have said, this is 'THE' novalization of the game. It is sad that you haven't continued, but you have made for a great adventure and very good read.

Heh, I actually have reinstalled KOTOR 1 and 2 to replay them in them.
Vespera chapter 7 . 1/12/2008
"Leviathan" was a very powerful installment, taking advantage of all the intense moments the game provided and adding the right dose of mood and drama to make this a gripping read. Of course, we know what's supposed to happen, but the scenes were laid out beautifully and the emotions for everyone (particularly Kairi and Carth) laid bare in narrative, heightened the story and made it fantastic.

I really love the first scene, which reminds me so much of the scene in "Jaws" where the the crew were singing an old sailor's song right before the ship started shaking. Never had the crew been portrayed at total ease like that, illustrating the bonds of trust and friendship that had taken months to build. Even Bastila was caught in the merriment, showing a side we've never seen.

And then, the capture. As always, you do a great job combining a transcript of the game with original content, exploring the extent of the torture and the raw emotion of Carth and Kairi so well. Carth's own breakdown, through the torture, arguments with Saul, the revelation, and the escape, was crafted particularly well. To go from being utterly smitten by Kairi to holding a blaster to her unconscious head is a spiral of rage and loss, and you built his collapse very well.

Everyone's reactions to the the revelation were also very well-written, adding depth and color to a very short scene in the game.

I'm really enjoying Kairi's progression, and how she reacted to suddenly being ripped from the bonds that kept her on the path of light. I noticed her using Dark powers to defend herself from the Trandoshans. Combined with the careful craftmanship that went into her new lightsaber, she seems determined to draw strength from all her identities.

I do have a question though: "Leviathan" is listed as Book Seven in "Destiny's Pawn," but Manaan is Book Five. Is this a typo, or is there some interlude I missed somewhere?

Hopefully you'll continue this story. It's a very solid novelization of the game, and you've reached the point where you have a good amount of flexibility. How has Kairi ultimately been effected by the truth? How will Carth and Kairi finally define their relationship? What else of Revan's past will be revealed? You have a good amount of room to dig into the intricacies of Kairi's personality and Carth's resolution on Korriban, and fill in even more of their pasts.
anon chapter 7 . 9/2/2007
I do hope that you have not dropped this story it is really wonderful, and I would like to see it finished.
Anastigmat chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
As far as I am concerned, these are 'THE' adaptation of the KOTOR story. I love the depth you've brought to the characters, the way everyone splits off to handle the game quests, and the background you've given to the game itself. My favorite scene, overall, is Canderous' clan initiation in the Shadowlands. You've given so much to a character most treat as a two-dimensional merc.

I'd love to see more of these stories. Tell me you haven't abandoned them completely...
Siela Hans chapter 6 . 11/4/2006
I LOVE the flashback with Bastila and the two masters. The way you introduced it and all and...just wow..