Reviews for Say the Words
Netherwood chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Very funny, very good... How well you cut between the three chronologies was amazing! It really helped show the intensity Kim's feeling and the progression of thought. Excellent romance one-shot.
Bratty chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
I had absolutely no problem understanding the chronology, but that won't stop me from re-reading this again and again, just because it makes me squeal in sweet delight whenever I read the interactions between Ron & Kim. They're just sweet, and gentle, and natural and simply PERFECT.

Dude, I actually squeal whenever I see you have a new story. I don't know when the heck Fall is, but I can't wait for itto come to see the third part of your trilogy. You, sir, rule.
BethanyKatherine chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Aww...this is so sweet. I just love Ron and Kim together, as if anyone else would ever have a chance!

Keep writing!

B
Yamal chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
A really great one-shot story. It's not that hard to follow the chronology if you read it carefully. This story seemed to me like some scenes in a romantic comedy movie. Absolutely delicious! Thanks a lot for your effort and keep up the amazing work! _
captainkodak1 chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Cyberwraith,

Always good to see your stories. This one is just right. Jumping between the three scenes really helps tell the story.
eventidespirit chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Wow. What can I say, that was brillant, wonderful, awesome.

I periodically read your TT fics and find them all very well written, so I suppose, on a whim, I decided to read this, and I am so glad that I did.

I love the writing style (took a few paragraphs to get accustomed to it), but it's very unique and very fitting, and nicely meshed, for this fic as Kim wavers between Ron and Josh. The chemistry between Kim and Ron, especially, was wow...practically electric. It's been a while since I've read really really *good* fan fiction, especially in the romantic genre that just leaves you w/ shivers inside.

Thanks for the awesome read :).
WWLAOS chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Hm...Cyberwraith Nine's got a new peice up. Well, I'll just stroll on over and...holy hand grenade! It's broken! There are little lines everywhere! The formating keeps changing! It's...oh, I get it!

Yeah...I was confused for about as long as it took me to stop staring at all the pretty words and actually start reading them. Anyway, it was good. Real good. Once I actually started reading the world around me sort of faded out...I almost drank my salsa con queso by accident. I must say (yes, I must), you blended the three time frames expertly. The transitions were smooth and often flowed naturally from one to the next, especially once I became used to them. The transition from section one to section two (you know, "the beginning"), was a bit jarring, but I think that's just because it's right at the beginning and the reader isn't quite sure what is going on yet. It isn't an issue of not melding well, they do, it's just sort of a drastic change. Section two to section three is the only transition that I could find that didn't really meld well. Every other one led into the next, but with two into three, it felt like there was a section missing...section 2.5, I suppose. Anyway, other than that this style worked very well for you.

When Kim said "S'not" and then Ron laughed at "snot" it took me a second to get it. I couldn't figure out what was so darned funny until I noticed the missing apostrophe. Then I laughed. I also particularly enjoyed Kim saying those words that her father refused to beleive she knew.

The characters were portrayed excellently as always, especially Ron, and the conversations were spot-on. Of the three distinct time frames, I'd have to say that the most recent one (Bueno Nacho) was my least favorite. It felt so clumsy that it detracted from my enjoyment, just a bit. I certainly understand the reason for Kim's unease and clumsiness, but that's not what I mean. The way that time frame itself was written felt clumsy, almost like you were having trouble writing it. Of course, that can't be the case, so I don't really know what to say. Kim's room was by far my favorite time frame. The interaction between Ron and Kim was just perfect. Kim's frustration and anger and Ron's...Ronness...wove together to form an excellent and realistic scene. The Fancy Truffle scene was great, and Mr. Mankey was quite the gentleman. I almost...no, I actually do feel sorry for him. Poor guy, that would really suck.

Kim's eventual realization was nice, and I enjoyed her brain arguing with her...mine does that all the time. It was a bit frustrating at first when you, er, Kim kept referring to this "thing" that supposedly Ron had done when I had absolutely no clue what it was. Looking at it now, though, it was quite clever and I really enjoyed the build-up and eventual understanding. The kissing scene was well done, and I'm actually happy that the words never came out. Sometimes those words that sounded so perfect in your head just don't work well when you actually say them out loud. Besides, I think Kim acurately communicated everything she needed to.

See, there I go again, writing a novel when a concise review would be just as good (or better). Anyway, great job with this story, I really enjoyed it and the way it was written. You should use this style again sometime, just don't make it your standard. A style like this should be reserved for when it really works to get the story across, like it did here. Using it too often would just get rediculous. Now I believe there's a new chapter to Avatar that I have to go read...
Backroads chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
*lets out big aw* Now if that just wasn't a delight to read. You are a fantastic writer, and I really like the way you practically strung me along in this plot! Very witty, very sweet.
trecebo chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Liked the multiple frames of time there. Nice touch. Who says reading has to be fly? Some things are worth time to write as well as read. This was one. Thanks for the ride.
John Steppenwolf chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
"The boss don’t get up before 9 A.M. even the Feds know that."- Aldo

This is one funny story especially over when Ron was helping Kim get ready for her date. Lake A&W that’s a good one. Regular or Diet? Wait, Ron has seen her at her worst. That episode where she gets a cold from the Tweebs, and then later when Ron gets a cold from Shego.

I said it before and I'll say it again, "Holy Crap, they kissed. It's about time."

Keep up the good work. KS/RS forever.
aberaham tulip chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
I really liked this story. Yeah it's confusing at first, but once you realize that each set of stylized writing is a different time, and which comes when the story just comes alive. Peicing everything together was a real joy. Personally I think this is your best work yet.
pokey chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
I loved it and I didn't find it confusing at all. So very unromantic but romantic at the same time, extremly cool. I really like it.
JPElles chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
Entertaining.
Parareru chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
This was sweet. The linear-nonlinear technique (well don't know if it had a technical name)worked very well to convey the mood of the story and I liked it a lot.
44 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3