Reviews for Diamonds, Dames, and Deception
Heebeejeebees chapter 57 . 11/12/2005
Awesome! When are you going to write a sequel?
Kinuye chapter 48 . 7/30/2005
wow. what a chapter. you are an amazing writer!
PinaPoe chapter 57 . 7/21/2005
I have to say, I avoided this for awhile because I just could not envision the main couple. That being said, I stayed up to three in the morning two nights in a row and missed a day of work reading this. Despite how tired I am I regret nothing and can easily say this is my favorite X-man fanfiction.

The only thing I disliked was your handaling of the Dark Beast, he seemed too petty? One dimensional? I don't know I always envisioned him as the Mengele of the mutant world and he seemed like a bad cliche here.

This story made up for and let me apricioate the last couple years of bland and bad x-men stories because they led to this. I liked your building of emma and betsy, and I loved how you still showed many of the other char. I felt bad for the villian and kind of think xavier at least should have gone with them but oh well. I LOVED Kitty's epilog and I sincerly hope that if you do a sequal you expand more upon that. Heck even a mini story about that would be good.

Finnaly I have to admire your crafting of all those villians and the manipulation it took by the main baddy to get them all to work in the master plan. very very good and I look forward to what you come up with next.

PinaPoe
NickHunt chapter 57 . 7/19/2005
I'm impressed. Most of the time, epilogues feel stagnant but yours had lots of life in it. There's still lots of story to be told and I like how you leave the ends open but give enough closure. I mean, you finish the romance between Emma and Betsy but you still have lots of adventures to tell in this rich plotline. Honestly, I want to see what happens to the (and I'll borrow this term from one of your chapters) "secondary characters." What about Alex? How will Rachel and Scott turn out? Mystique and Kitty? Raising Illyana? How's Storm going to take that? Are Paige and Warren going to be ok? What about the slight signs of a Stepford sister and Sam? And of course, how are Rogue and Remy going to be, especially with Mystique in the house? So many questions! You have to continue! I'm begging for a sequel now! Look what you've done!
Jean1 chapter 57 . 7/19/2005
Improve the story? Not much could improve it. You've done wonders to move the characters on to a new position in life. Mystique and Kitty is inspired adding in motherhood for both will be something to see. I wonder how Rogue will see having a foster sister and is the pitter patter of little feet awaiting her and Remy? It's about time for some normal babies at the mansion and not Summer full grown. Would love to see a sequel. More interaction of Kitty/Mystique/Storm/Emma/Psylocke and maybe bring back thr threats of Appocalyse and Sinister playing in the background. I would think the changes in Emma might interest him and I can't believe that he didn't interact with the Hellfire club before.

A sequel of some sort would be welcomed. This has been a truly enjoyable epic.
Harry2 chapter 57 . 7/17/2005
Thank you for the KIND remarks Yimmy! You are making this review as hear, if not harder than the one in the last chapter. A fantastic sendoff for this story, and I look forward to the sequel. (Keep me in mind if you want some early feedback on the chapters!) Now, some friendly advice to many of the charachters in this story: Scott: Learn to live again. You need to remember that you are not always Cyclops, but Scott Summers as well. Logan, my all time favorite of the X-Men: You will be welcomed back, when the time comes. Charles: Maybe its time you and Magnus stepped back and let a new generation take up the fight. To Kitty: LEARN from Mystique! She can be a teacher to you, not just in improving on your abilities, but as a lover and parent as well. Storm: LET THE PAST GO! This is a new time, a new era, and holding onto the past will not help! Rouge: Spend some time with Mystique and Kitty. Spend some mother/daughter time and bond like you should. Remy: All the publicity will fade in time, and then you can go back to being a thief. Finally to Emma and Betsy: Don't be afraid to tell each other what you feel for one another. THIS is the greatest thing you can do, to keep a relationship going!

Also: Don't hesitate to take a page from Excalibur when it was in Europe. Be available for humanity to see you and know you! Don't stay cooped up in the mansion all the time. Get out, get to know the people where you live at, and in turn they will get to know you. Do that, and you will have people who will be there, when you need it.
Harry2 chapter 56 . 7/5/2005
As I said on the Yahoo group, I have been following and reading this story as it went along. Now, I see the finale just around the corner. (Brushes aside tears( {This is one VERY hard review to write, because I LOVE this story SO MUCH!} You have brought so many together in such a story that it ranks up there with some of the greats. While I look forward to the finale, and seeing Betsy act as the glue to hold the X-Men together, I will also hate to see this great story come to an end.
cpack chapter 55 . 7/1/2005
Yay! I just caught up in reading this story. Don't you just love long stories. I do but the only down side is that it takes me a while to read through them. *tears* I am so happy, Emma and Betsy finally said the L word... um, I mean love. lol! Sorry that I didn't review in the earliers chapters up I wanted to catch up in the reading before I left one.

Now with the review, I have got to say that it has been interesting seeing so many character interactions. Usually I see mostly just the main characters in stories being focused on but you do a great job of having the reading see and get to know the personality on MANY characters. I admit I mostly just want to read about Betsy and Emma but with the way the story goes, you need to see what is happing to all of the characters. Also, my favorit seens are the gory seens. I usually don't like to read those things but you write the action and conflicts so well that I can actually see what is happening. A very talented gift that is. Not many people can do that. Anyways, I think I have written enough for all of these chapters. I am sorry to see this story is ending but hey, I can always go back and reread it. *_*

Freaky_icefairy
B Oots chapter 55 . 7/1/2005
I am really enjoying the story. Please update soon, so I can read, what happens next in the battle between good and evil?
Harry2 chapter 55 . 6/30/2005
Well Emma, you've earned some allegiance from Remy LeBeau. And you managed, with Betsy's help, to send Belasco packing! And you told Betsy that you love her. Only question is, how long are you going to be around with that KICK in your system?
Harry2 chapter 54 . 6/29/2005
Well, a misguided Stepford is gone. Now to set things up for the MAIN EVENT: Sending Belasco back to where he CAME FROM!
Harry2 chapter 53 . 6/27/2005
Very nicely done Mystique. And, in the words of the group Queen, ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
Harry2 chapter 52 . 6/27/2005
Normally, I don't approve of murder, but taking out Vargas was a option that had to be used. If he was not taken out, things would have been a lot rougher for everyone. Now to deal with Belasco and Sage!
Harry2 chapter 51 . 6/25/2005
I have two things that I hope for before the end of this story: 1) Emma and Betsy admit what they feel for each other. 2) Send Belasco back to Limbo where he BELONGS! I look forward to future chapters, and seeing what you have planned at the end of this tale.
Harry2 chapter 50 . 6/24/2005
So, NOW we know who Attritor is! This makes things all the more interesting. I know that Tessa wants power and to destroy the X-Men, but to make a deal with Belasco! That is stopping pretty low LADY! I wouldn't want to be in her shoes when the forces of light win and come looking for her!
130 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »