Reviews for Diamonds, Dames, and Deception
draelynn chapter 7 . 4/20/2005
And the story takes a quick bank to the left...

Our poor, beleagered Beast. How utterly sympathetic. Big Blue has done the impossible and handled it all without fail. So glad to see a fallible Hank. He's been so strong for so long he's due for some well earned angst.

Besty not feeling quite right? Maybe it has less to do with her vulcan mind meld with Emma and more with fact she's a walking corpse. With all the dying and coming back Xmen do we NEED the living dead to pop up somewhere!

Lorna as a junkie. No so far fetched. But still insidious to say the least.

Your Rogue 'n Remy ship is oh so sweet and loving and they are so perfect for each other... I hate it! But you already know that.:)

Was the 'cork in the thousand dollar a bottle merlot' a Freudian slip on your part or on Betsy's? I seem to recall Emma making a similar statement in the last chapter...hum. Curiouser and curiouser.
Harry2 chapter 7 . 4/20/2005
Very nice. I like the idea of Betsy having earned both Rouge's and Remy's trust. And sooner or later, she is going to have to confront Emma on what is happening to them! Perhaps something in the way the meld occured fused parts of them into each other? Keep up the top notch work, and lets see what you have in mind.
Harry2 chapter 6 . 4/19/2005
As an Apprentice fan, I LOVED the way that Emma used Donald's trademark line of YOUR FIRED! PERFECT! But I don't trust Xavier. He has something up his sleeve, and it makes me wonder just WHAT it is! Keep up the good work on this tale, and as you post new material, I'll either reivew here, or on the Yahoo group.
Harry2 chapter 5 . 4/17/2005
LOL! Very well done! I know that you eventually plan to take this story to a M rating, but I still LOVE IT! Its not often that you see Emma and Betsy together in a story. Just remember to keep Betsy OUT of Xavier's manipulative ways. The man is very much in favor of keeping everything under his control, and that just doesn't work anymore!
draelynn chapter 4 . 4/16/2005
Hey, you know, Phoenix always sees to find a way to come back from the dead. Why not Betsy? So, if I follow your story correctly, Emma kissed, (and, you know ) the animated corpse of Betsy, correct? Sweet. I so love this story.

I had such an easy time disliking Betsy and Emma in the comic. I love characters that are easy to hate and you followed that suit to a 'T' in these latest two chapters. Bitchy, pig headed, proud to a fault.

A suspicious Jean and a Professor into everyone's business. Great tension.

My only real critique; Gambit in Care Bears? Come on. You KNOW he's more the SpongeBob type... Rogue or no Rogue!:)
Harry2 chapter 4 . 4/16/2005
*Claps* Very nicely done, getting rid of the Shadow King like that. I've been following this story on the X Femslash group on Yahoo. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to Emma and Betsy getting together. And KEEP XAVIER from muking up things! I don't trust Charles too much these days.
draelynn chapter 3 . 4/14/2005
You have got to be kidding me. There is no way you are a 'newbie' writer.

Great story so far. Your Emma characterization is so tight. And you obviously have some mutant gift for Marvel canon. Your details read flawlessly in all three chapters. Gucci boots are the perfect obsession and offer plenty of opportunity to mock Ms. Perfection in the future.

An Emma/Betsy mental slap fight - love it. I think I may actually be disappointed if they get slashy. Explaining mental combat is tough to do well but...here it is. It's clearly defined, easy to follow.

Poor Kitty and Illyana. The most ill fated friendship ever created. My only suggestion is let the angst flow. Kitty's got all the reasons to get good'n'gloomy.

My only critique is the abrupt addition of Brian, Meggan and Dr. Strange. You built great tension between Kitty and Emma then just dumped Brian, etc... into the fray. Which, I know, was the point of the story but I found myself wanting some scrap of the detail you bestowed on Kitty and Emma in the first chapter. Some well placed, personality defining snippets. Just a nitpicky little thing really.

Waiting most impatiently for Chapter 4!
Harry2 chapter 3 . 4/14/2005
This is getting GOOD! Now, how about bringing the ladies together for some FUN!
Harry2 chapter 2 . 4/14/2005
So, things are getting very interesting now. We have both Psylocke AND Illyana on the loose. And, as much as I look forward to seeing Emma and Betsy, how about a threesome: Emma, Betsy, AND Kitty!
Harry2 chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Not bad for your first chapter. Now, lets see how Emma deals with a Betsy Braddock that is more spiritual than fleshly! (IE GET THE FEMSLASH GOING!)
130 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9