Reviews for Tried and Tested
RaeRob chapter 3 . 10/25/2008
I loved this story
HADmatter chapter 3 . 10/12/2005
wow that was deep i liked it alot wow
Twin Chronos chapter 2 . 5/5/2005
Gods, in all definitions, this is beautiful. I love it. I truly do. I love the way the characters are, and how they keep that in character attitude, while bringing in a new type of personality. The stroy is quite original (to my knowledge) and is a nice addition to the Teen Titans Fandom. Good work, and I can't wait to keep reading.

TC
otakualways chapter 4 . 5/5/2005
omg that rock i love it
Sakusha Saelbu chapter 3 . 4/29/2005
That was amazing, it was one of the most intense pieces of work I've ever read. Simply brilliant!

_
HeWhoWalksTheEarth chapter 3 . 4/29/2005
Three chapters. A little over ten thousand words within each. Take away your disclaimers/notes/ thank yous and it's really a little under. You managed to encompass what I feel about a well written fiction. My only regret is that I did not follow each chapter. TO know those words. To experience those words. I can't say much else. Thank you.
Cherry Jade chapter 3 . 4/29/2005
WOW! That was just... I loved this chapter soo much, I cant believed that all that happened! I was scared that Raven was going to walk away and leave Robin out... forever. I can NOT wait for you to update with the next part, cuz this is so good where did you come up with this? You are a GENIUS! You did a great job with this story! _
Niveous Lilt chapter 3 . 4/29/2005
ok i'll go check out the epilogue!..stay awesome!
alena-chan chapter 3 . 4/29/2005
Hey!

So, what can I say to such a great story?

It was really awesome.I mean everything you wrote fit perfectly together. (That doesnt made any sense, does it?) What I mean is: The songs you chose, the description of the combat and the interaction between Raven and Robin - everything harmonized perfectly together. I hope I could explain what I meant. I f not, then just let me tell you that it was beautifully written and fantastic to read.

I hope to read more from you and I am eagerly waiting for the epilogue.

Alena

P.S Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors. Its just really late here in Germany and I am too lazy to look in a dictionary. Sorry
maiathestrange chapter 3 . 4/29/2005
hey, i got the same problem, I'm also graduating in 3 weeks (what school you go to?) so i got the whole mess of papers and finals. i applaud you for getting this out so quickly in the middle of the mess. I'm having trouble to devote the time to update my own fic. anyway, the chapter sent my emotional level to a rather near death level (and i hate being emotional) but it was great. you are seriously one of the best writers i've encountered thus far (i'm an english major so i can get pretty picky about stories) major props for using Pablo Neruda as an inpiration. he's one of my favorites as well. I can't wait to see what you have next. keep on writing. and as i say goodbye to your fic i leave you (cause i consider your story as a very very very short book) with these words from pablo neruda :)

When I close a book

I open life.

I hear

faltering cries

among harbours.

"ode to the book" pablo neruda
anotefromtheotherside chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
I just love the intensity of this story!
Jurodan chapter 3 . 4/29/2005
Now, take into account that I'm writing this at, oh, 4 AM in the morning. I am a bit tired, so, take that into account that sleep deprivation doesn't help.

I can only think of one way to describe this chapter, and only one way. It's like the New Jersey roadway system. Which, for those blessed enough not to live in this godforsaken hellhole, is a confusing, convoluted, twisted, backwards, system filled with redundancies that actually make things more complicated, and generally frustrating. Basically, it's a sane driver's [reader's] worst nightmare.

Granted, I love it, your description is terrific, your writing is fantastic, your dialogue is impressive, but this the characters keep pulling things along, dragging the reader, kicking and screaming, through a hellish nightmare that can only come from a Robin/Raven love/hate relationship. It's a great read, there is no denying that, but at times you just want to grab BOTH of them and smack them around a bit [make that a whole lot], because they are just so FRUSTRATING! GAH!

*Lets out a deep sigh* I think is spazzing a bit, I saw several words clumped together about halfway through, but I've seen that in several other stories as well recently, so I think it might be the system more than your actual writing.

Examples from the scene where he talks about wanting to kill Slade: His hand shifted and sighing, hecrouched down to putitgently back on the ground. He looked at it standing there,almost as if he were trying tofigure out its secrets, but he wasn't reallyseeing it.

Your grammar is impecable, as usual, but I noticed a few minor spelling errors in the beginning [not counting the words linked together which is in the middle]. For constructive purposes [not trying to be a bastard] I'll show you some:

"...His eyes recognized the misstep seconds before she took it, and although she sailed into the air and her form was good for maximum height, she hadn’t caught enough push and she came down at the ground too fast to complete the kick-swipe with the bow. She fell onto the ground, the practice bow clattering next to her into..." Both times, I'm assuming, you meant to use the word Bo or Staff instead of Bow.

As for comments on the story itself, this is the misery you talked about in the beginning isn't it? Dear god, there's enough angst between them to choke 10 men. Beyond that, Raven's mistrust of Robin [stemming from a general mistrust of people, followed by a mistrust of love that comes from Malchior] is well played out, her barrier FINALLY breaking at the end. One thing I'm not so sure about is whether or not she can detect lies simply by her powers or not [seen it played both ways].

I liked the fact you had him and Starfire together in the past, but you refused to elaborate on it. Nice touch. As well as him crushing the clip, a certain amount of tension is added there.

You deserve the comments you receive in my stories [I try to keep it appropriate, XRR who is writing a Slade/Raven's destiny story gets comments in my Slade/Raven's destiny story which is called: Raven's Destiny *oh so subtle aren't I?*]. As you write mainly Inuyasha, you get comments in my crossover stories. *Shrug*

Thanks for the warning about the new name, and tell Puck he's doing a good job [he's certainly not letting you slack off...]. An excellent story well played out and well acted by the characters, certainly twisted, but then again, what romance isn't? Fantastic Job.

Jurodan

Parting note: I found out a sad irony. is barring songfics right when I finally find someone who can do them well. Too bad, I'm gonna miss how you do it. *smiles weakly* Bye! And Great Luck on that Paper.
Niveous Lilt chapter 2 . 4/27/2005
wo ho i love you so much!thank you for making another chapter in the words of my best friend"you rock my socks"..oh and your choice's of music are truly spectcular!
firehottie chapter 2 . 4/26/2005
i hope you keep going, because i can't wait to read more!

~* firehottie *~
Jurodan chapter 2 . 4/25/2005
Writing combat is hard, really, really, really hard, but you pull it off rather well [you left it indistinct except for certain parts, which made it all the better.] I enjoyed it, longer than most of my works, which is surprising considering how long it usually takes me to update and how quickly you update [not to compare me to you, this is better than a great many of my own fanfics at least in my own estimation]. I like how you used the lyrics to break up the story; it added effect, although it did run a bit quick. No offense meant, but was she playing clips of them? Combat isn't exactly the slowest of actions, so they are either moving at a snail's pace or the songs are either deformed or shortened. I like how you wrote the interaction between Raven and Robin, it's different from what I usually see in relationship stories, most are pretty straightforward, but this twists forward and backward and in angles even the kama sutra couldn't come up with. An excellent fanfic from one of the best new authors [for Teen Titans, you are, at least] I've seen. An EXCELLENT work; one that I highly suggest to anyone who enjoys Robin Raven pairings, anyone who enjoys Robin/Raven head games, and anyone who enjoys a good story from a great writer. Fantastic job, time to be proud of yourself! Good luck on that paper [if you didn't finish already].