Reviews for The Day Before
Elven Fish chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
Interesting...I'd say it fits Eowyn quite well.
Altariel chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Lovely.
thayzel chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
This is beautiful, a great work of yours.

GRAND!

It is recognisable Éowyn, but I also think more people can identify themselves with that. You know, I have this theory that Éowyn is one of the most important characters in The Lord of the Rings because she shows how hope -and love- overthrow the despair in the heart -a "heart concealed". She is one of many who regain their strength after hopelessness and surety of doom. And to me, it seems as if this poem points out how much everyone needs "time / to open wide".

I'm printing it out. I think this is worthy to be learnt by heart. Not only is its content and message (to me at least) beautiful, but also its from, flow, rhythm and words. It's a gift, discovering it- thank you.
MAEday chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
This actually, for a poem, really expresses Eowyn's character. If you read my story, you will see that I have been able to edge some of my own poetry into it. I love poems!
Elenhin chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Very nice, very good.

It flowed very nice as I read, apearing in my mind like a flowing wave, allowing me to see all of it instead of each seperate sentance.

They way it is writen in short sentances that are still fitting so well together makes it a true joy to read it.

This is indeed Ewowyn, and I think that each and everyone who reads it will get something out of it that no one else did.

It will speak to everyone in a different voice so as to say.

Depending on your opinion and of how you view the Eowyn in the book, and the Eowyn in the movie.

I enjoyed reading it very much, read it and then went back and read it all over again, and I enjoyed it as much then. Now as I review I keep glancing of to the side. I realy love those last few lines, with the ending

'And cease to be

The I-before.'

There is so much in those few words, and could be so much. Whatever you want it to be, it is there, and that is partially what makes me think that it was so good.

again I must say that I really liked it.

Kindest Regards, Elenhin