Reviews for Under The Green Trees
water raven chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
i only have one word... wow!

love it!
wendwriter chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
Thank you for such a wonderful story. Oropher is usually written as an arrogant prat, but you have brought him to life with all the neccessary complexities yet kept the tale to a brushstroke chapter. Well done.
mistopurr chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Ok, I know you posted this a while ago so I hope you don't mind me reviewing so late - but I've only just found it! What a lovely piece of writing. Oropher's love for his son is so often overlooked; and finding a story in which he is portrayed as a wonderful father is such a joy! I enjoyed reading this!
Idhreniel chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
I love the way you portrait Oropher and his love for his wife and son. Very nice!
Chathol-linn chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
Thanks for writing about Rhovallos as a strong female character. I bet you could develop her more in other stories. Also this sketch could become an arousing adventure story on its own. Lots of potential here. Thranduil's chracter would be more interesting if he had a flaw or two, rather than being adored for his very existence. You had a couple of typos; nothing serious. Pretty fair piece of work. Regards - Chathol-linn
Radbooks chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
Very well done! I'm glad you put this link on the H-A message board or I might never have seen, it Tuxedo! I liked seeing Oropher as someone who was trying to save his son instead of being a foolish elf who rushed into battle heedlessly. But I just enjoyed the whole story. Great job!

Radbooks
JastaElf chapter 1 . 4/15/2005
What a beautiful story, Tux! I love your characterization of Oropher, and the way you encapsulate his life and career is very well done! Poor lamb, I get the image of him explaining to some newcomer in Mandos, and the tale just comes spilling out...

You write very well, and of course I am always in favour of anything that is pro-Wood-Elf-not to mention things that feature Good!Thranduil! (grin)

Having Oropher give his life to save his son is a MUCH better explanation than the standard fanfic one that he messed up... why IS it that when a Noldor does something brave and foolhardy like that, he becomes a hero-and when a Sindar does it, he becomes the goat? Hm...

Anyway, thanks for a lovely read!