Reviews for The Language Of Drought
Aerlyn chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
Beautiful characterization. I've been reading a number of your stories tonight, but this one seems the most poetic. It reminds me of one of my favourite songs...which is very fitting. "And the taste of dried-up hopes in my mouth, and the landscape of merry and desperate drought..."
narrizan chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
I don't know Toshiki well at all. I have not read any GB anga, my knowledge stops with the anime I'm afraid. However any insights you dish out are like gems to be treasured and re-read.

Atropos' Knife chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Ah... Lovesick, brooding, vulnerable Toshiki. Beautiful.

My favorite line: "Juubei stood there and did not speak to him. He stood there and did not speak to Juubei. Kazuki's absence lay between them like an unsheathed sword."

Cheers!
Tastywheat chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Wow, the imagery is very intense. I like the way you describe Toshiki's yearning as more a need than just desire. The drought and water imagery was very nicely done. The only thing maybe that you could do to improve this fic would be to relax the prose a little. It could be a little heavy-handed, a little too rich maybe, at some points. This, however, isn't a big problem since the intensity and the richness fit Toshiki's character and the tone of GB as a whole. Pacing was good. Overall, very nicely done.