Reviews for Liir
whogirl chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
This is a good fic and I know it has been awhile, but could you please move this fic into the Wicked category? All you need to do is go to your main page after log in, click stories, click edit which is to the right of the fic, scroll down and change the category to Wicked. Thank you very much.
Symbolist chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
Please move this to the Wicked category. We're trying to get more fics in there. And that's where this belongs anyway. :-)
sweet775 chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
I wish Liir had been left in the musical, even though it would probably spawn atrocious fanfiction. He's so forgotten, and you captured him nicely.
angedemusica chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
It really kept me thinking! It's deep. Like I never realized that these things could happen. And just so you know, the idea was BRILLIANT! It got me started on thinking not just about how Liir felt, but I wondered, "What happened to Liir?" Your brilliant piece inspired me to write my first fanfic! I would be absolutely honored if you would skim it and review it, but no worries if you do not want to. And please, above all, keep writing! _
Lils chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
Excellent story! Did you know that Gregory Maguire wrote a sequel that's coming out in September. I think it's going to focus on Liir since it's cleverly titled Son of a Witch! Your story just makes me want to read it even more!
Mizamour chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
Wow this is absolutely amazing! I love it! You are such a great writer, and awesome characterization of both Liir and Elphaba! Great last two lines, too! Awesome! You're on all my fave lists.
Reading Redhead chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
This is a great piece, and and wonderful study of Elphaba and Liir's relationship (or lack thereof). It's the first story of this sort that I've seen from Liir's point of view, and you've written him very well. I like your use of simplistic diction and phrasing to hint at his own simple nature. His thoughts on love were beautifully written, and the distanced sorrow he feels for the death of "Auntie Witch" fits perfectly with the tone of the original novel. Liir's character has always seemed fairly tragic to me, and this story only compounds the sadness I feel for him. But that's a good thing, because the writing is so fitting that the sadness seems right, like the only possible response to such a situation.

In other words: good job on the writing of such a unique, thought-provoking piece. I'll be looking forward to more from you.

~Red
defygravity8945 chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Nice! Liir is often ignored in fanfiction. It's good to see a story about him. I loved the ending. Great job!

*adds to favs*

Tinkerbell
Valieara chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Awesome characterization. You're right, Liir was overlooked, even in the book. You really got into his head here, and for so small a character as he was made out to be, you did a fabulous job. Great insights on Auntie Witch, too, who got more ambiguous as she gradually lost herself... I'd never really thought of her needing Liir, but I guess, now that I think about it, it's true.

*sigh* The book really is depressing, but I can't help loving the understated granduer and language of it all.

Love the last two lines, too - chilling, and slightly scary. *shivers*
DaggerQuill chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
I love Liir, I cant wait for the next book to come out this fall!

but i saw his character as more complex than this by the end of the novel. This story made him sound...not very inteligent, and its as if he donset know his own feelings. Another example is hes calling her "Miss Dorothy" well Dorothy is around 8 and Liir is 14, so i dont really see why he would use such a formalty.

I really do like this story and im glad more people are giving Liir some credit. Im really not trying to be mean, sorry.
Vitani FyreWolf chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Very, very nice. People tend to ignore Liir or simplify him, so I'm glad you took the time to explore his character. However, Liir would have known her name, as Nanny addressed her as Elphaba, and often in front of Liir.

I'm so tired of seeing Liir simply cast as the character who hates Elphaba, because it's clear that he doesn't (The "I'm glad you're back" scene, for instance). So this fic is a relief. Thank you for noticing that he did actually care about her.
obsetress chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
AAH! I LOVED IT! It's going on my favourites list... The only Wicked story on my favourites list... YAY FOR YOU!

~Obsetress