Reviews for Tangled Web
Dr. Kineil D. Wicks chapter 1 . 4/18/2016
Most excellent story, as usual-I think I grin every time Stephen gets some air time. And it's wonderful to see him lighting a much-needed fire under Peter's rear. :D
Love the humor, too-I've been telling my Dad about this series (he's the one who got me started on the Shadow), and I had to run into the kitchen to tell him about Stephen and Peter barging into the Bugle. And I'm loving the chemistry among the characters-Peter really needed to know that Stephen had his back. And the resolution of the lawsuit was awesome. :D
Excellent work, once again! :D
n9voc chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Incredible weaving of the "Shadow/Spidey" universe into the Spiderman movieverse of Spiderman II. Like "What you leave behind", you have most effectively woven the Third Shadow into the movie "Spider Man II" by placing him and his work where he COULD have been within the story - all without detracting in any way from the story spun by "Spiderman II". This allows for continuity of the story as well as integration of the aforementioned movie story into the "Shadow/Spidey" universe! I was thoroughly into the story, and will be looking at "Spider Man II" again - with an entirely different set of eyes thanks to you excellent story spinning skills! Super Story, excellent plot, solid dialog - incredible action scenes! Suspension of disbelief AGAIN occured!

'nuff said!
Ghostdraconi chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
I thought this would be an interesting crossover, it was well written an the characters seemed genuine but the story still fails. It wasn't until I was halfway through the story that I realized that the Shadow had absolutely no effect on the events taking place. He seemed like an outsider forced into the world and being the authors mouthpiece. Not that he's an ANC or a Gary-Stu but if his presence has not effect on the world, whats the point.
Jakathi chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Considering that I am a rabid Shadow fan, I will say that this series is by far the best attempt at contemporizing the Shadow I've seen on the net. You've managed to instill a great deal of character into this incarnation of the Shadow, while still keeping true to the spirit of the series. And pairing him with Spiderman was a bit of genius too. :)

Hm. You could start to slowly add some X-men elements to it. I'd love to see the reaction of Xavier when he meets another telepath just as strong as he is. :)

Good job, more stories please. :)
Dark Gotham chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
Wow, nice I like it.
Scarlet chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
I LOVE this. I loved it when Stephensmat proposed it, I loved it once we got into it, and I love the final results. Thanks, partner, for a great writing experience, as always.
Frog1 chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Ah, there is the missing element...the wise-cracking humor...it was missing in your last story (tears in eyes while laughing) and I do enjoy your unique humor! Anyway, I'm glad Peter and MJ got their problems straighten out, I hate it when they fight! And as always, I particularly enjoy the scenes with Stephen and Sarah, hm I wonder what Khan will do when he finds out about Sarah...I'm going to assume that the next story will have the return of our favoriate goblin? Keep up the good work!