Reviews for Call Me Ember Rose
Rena H.M chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Kawaii! I love your little fic. It's so cute!
Star-dust55 chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
O.k. this is one of my best friends’ review that informs some people on Rei Hino’s past and important stuff like that. Now I asked .Rose if I could use this review to inform some random (Or you maybe be a Rei hater, I really hope not!) so please if you wish to use the following review please e-mail and ask her before you do anything to this review if you are going to chain it around to people! This is her review and she spent quite a bit of her time making this review! So here it is-

People say that the anime gives the senshi more personality - I disagree. The anime exaggerated their personalities and left out really important information related to their backgrounds, like how Usagi is the incarnation of the Moon Goddess Selene, or how Rei was once in love with a man she wished to marry...instead the anime turned our mature and spiritual Rei into a girl who went ga-ga over men like Mamoru, chasing him around, which is very unlike Rei of the manga. This affected peoples first impression on poor Rei and this is why I am writing this review to give uneducated authors like you the real inside story on Rei not just the snobby, hot tempered anime Rei as you know her!

Personality

The anime and dub portrays Rei negatively, making her look like a mean, hot-tempered, impatient and overly sarcastic woman. She's portrayed as show-off brat and makes quick decisions without thinking it through as Ami would. It also greatly exaggerates her "fights" with Usagi - fights which never existed in the manga.

In the manga, Rei's character is much more spiritual, calm, and she is not so easily angered, in fact, I cannot figure out WHY the animators had Usagi and Rei fighting at all - it hardly happened at ALL in the manga. She's not even that crazy about men in the manga - she distrusts them because of how her own father isn't around for her but she does have a past love interest in this present life.

Relations to Others

Rei was at first a more withdrawn sort, a loner. This is true in both anime and manga. Rei only began to open up and be friendly to others when she became a Sailor Senshi. With Usagi and the other soldiers, she was given a family and a friendship she didn't have before and this helped her to be more sociable. Manga Volume 4: Act 14 has students passing Rei in the hallway commenting on how Rei is a lot easier to talk to these days. Before that, the students called her spooky but an inspiration. They looked up to her because of her beauty and strange powers but did not feel they would be friends with the girl.

The reason most likely why she did not have any friends is given in Manga Volume 11 - a special birthday volume about Rei, in which she says: "I have no friends," she says. "And I don't want to make any. You can't have faith in people. I believed in dad. Mom always looked lonely... Mom was a slender person... But in dad's mind, there was nothing besides politics. Mom's weak body was dying alone. In the end, you can only depend on yourself, I think. So I don't want to marry, either." She said this to a man name Kaidou who it was later revealed that Rei, herself, wished to marry and was in love with.

Family

Rei's mother's body was weak, and after she passed away, Rei became a parishioner at the Hikawa Shrine with her grandfather on her mother's side - Manga Vol. 3: Act 14. Since her mother died, Rei didn't get along with her father and that is when she came to the shrine (Manga Vol 11: Casablanca’s)

Her father's a member of the political world - a member of the Liberal Democratic Party - a party that actually DOES exist in Japan.

Love Life

As beautiful as Rei is, and as many males as she attracts, there was only one man she ever fell in love with and had her heart broken by. It should be known though that men are ALWAYS paying attention to Rei in the manga, giving her flowers, buying her drinks - she's very popular with men but part of that popularity is not based solely on her beauty but on the fact that she doesn't chase men around, that she don’t even show any interest in men. She has made it clear, repeatedly, that she does not like boys. Only 2 men in the manga have captured Rei's romantic interests and that was Chief Kotono - the head of the Supernatural Phenomena group at the T*A Private Girl's School Academy and Kaidou - her father's assistant.

Rei's Dream

Rei has certain principles she lives by such as not looking back on the past, and not wasting money at the shrine, and not falling into silly pursuits such as finding a man with a lot of money to marry so that a woman may live out her life in comfort. Rei is a hardworking woman and dreams of becoming the Head Priestess at the Hikawa Shrine but we learn in Manga Volume 12: Act 36, when she recovers her memory of being Princess of Mars and recalls that she pledged her chastity to Princess Serenity ( Star-This is for all you betrayal fictions! It would never happen!) And that she has a greater purpose, a more important dream - she is the "Soldier of Flames", a sworn protector of the Princess Selenity, and that comes before all else in her life and is the goal and dream she was searching for and finally found in that manga act.

I hoped that some of you authors have learned a thing or two about Rei’s hurtful past and maybe just maybe would respect her more! If you are a big Rei fan this is not to insult any one I’m just sending this review out to almost any Rei fan so don’t be discouraged because you got this! If there is any questions feel free to contact .Rose with the e-mail above where my e-mail would normally be, but this is her review so I’ll leave the questioning for her.
agoraphobia chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
This is the most romantic fan fiction I have ever read and I have read a lot trust me! My heart melted so many times I don't think that I will be able to reshape it back. Please please either write more of this story or make more of these kind of stories please!
Rei Minamino chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
I truly love it! Do another part!
Flame Ivy Moon chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
Beautiful! ( It's so good that I'm crying!)
Princess Ren chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
That was amazing! Though it's a shame that it's only a one-shot.. Hope you make a story with Rei as the main character! Keep up the good work! _
Hoshiko Megami chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
Whoa. Definitely intense, and I loved it. Hope you write more stories like this. _
Firenze chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
So pretty... and it did sound as if Ember Rose was a real play. You are very eloquent, and I enjoyed reading your one-shot.
Sailor Ra chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
OH MY GOD! That is so damn cute (no i do not curs, often) ! Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! You read my profile? The whole thing? You either have alot of time on your hands or you were just bored (probably both) I'm working on a Hotaru and Yusuke one shot! It WILL BE up today! What do you think of the pairing? I don't see them often! Well it looks like Sailor Ra is going to do a couple that not many people like! this is going to be fun! Can't wait for what the people say! Well see ya around and your really good with YYH with Sailor Moon one shots! See ya!