Reviews for An Unforeseen Occurrence
Susana Carmona chapter 14 . 9/7/2005
Poor Holmes! Sad what! Is he going to spend (pass) it better in the close statement? Answer SI to me.
Susana Carmona chapter 13 . 9/7/2005
The only thing that the poor Hellen lacks in the condition in which she is is to see an opera since like " LucĂ­a di Lamermoor " (super crazy). She is going to leave her at the edge of the suicide.
Anna McNarin chapter 11 . 8/8/2005
*smiles* I confess, Holmes reminded me of myself in this chapter: completely clueless. Congratulation, on your wedding.
Es chapter 14 . 7/30/2005
*cries* No! *Sigh* So in character...and yet so painfully sad! Well done, guys!

Es

xx
HouAreYouToday chapter 14 . 7/25/2005
BEAUTIFUL! Just beautiful :)
adele rose chapter 14 . 7/25/2005
Will he *never* know what she had been going to tell him? Ack! Sorry I'm not more articulate, but it was just so said, if inevitable . . . I do hope the poster (which is beautiful, BTW) presages things to come. I think this is my favorite of all fanfics. Thank you for writing it and sharing!
Lady Razorsharp chapter 14 . 7/25/2005
Sweet and sad, but lovely as usual. And more to come, besides! _
BaskervilleBeauty chapter 14 . 7/25/2005
Grumble grumble. Holmes is such an insufferable know-it-all. Very Henry Higgins in this chapter; I almost expect him to start singing. "Let a woman in your life..." *shaking head* Oh, your link isn't up yet, is it? I couldn't see one on the profile page.
Martianlightsaber chapter 14 . 7/25/2005
Oh no! I don't believe 3 whole chapters updated while I was away!

That of course means I'm too overloaded to give a proper review so will it suffice to say I'm both speechless and utterly confused as to what to think?

IMO it looks like mind over heart again, whatever might have been there was just smothered by that big brain...

Then again it pains me to see a soldier brought into the picture, don't ask...

Still, brilliant story! Won't be able to wait till your next masterpieces!
Ember chapter 13 . 7/23/2005
I am probably reading into things but it seemed like Holmes might have actually been offering season tickets to Helen as more than just a "companion"...but of course, in a not-so-sauve, I-don't-know-how-to-really-let-a-girl-know-I'm -intersted way.

I could be wrong but in a way in would be kinda ironic to find out that this whole time Helen really has had a chance and they just havent' gotten their vibes straight.
BaskervilleBeauty chapter 13 . 7/22/2005
Sigh. Holmes gets off easy again. I am othe stubborn opinion that he needs a swift kick in the behind. And that is that.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 13 . 7/21/2005
Now, Holmes wouldn't be that much of a dork that he'd have invented his own exit, would he? No, for the moment I'll believe that whatever happened was genuine and it's just cruel fate...

When Holmes suggested their season ticket I almost thought there was a chance-but it sounds like Helen's resigned to doing her best to 'fake it till she makes it'. If she ends up with her handsome young officer, it will be for the best, I'm sure, and she will remember Holmes with kindness.

And the Watson family. Oh, such a sadness. I had it in the back of my head what might happen, but when Mary and Helen were sitting at lunch I got caught up in their happiness. I thought, "Hey, maybe it'll be okay..." It was heartbreaking to think of Watson trying not only as a physician but her husband to deal with what happened...

Technical merit: Your prose is smooth and flows nicely. Your descriptions of the scenery and the people are thoughtful and well done, as usual. Really, everything has been tied up neatly (though I think everyone had the feeling what the ending would be; what else could happen, truly?).

Looking forward to the epilogue...as well as whatever else you've got waiting in the queue. _
adele rose chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Hi, Elsie Cubitt-that was a "well, duh!" moment! ;-) Thanks for the *correct* correction! "Pastime" of course-the problem with nitpicking is sometimes one creates a brand-new nit to pick. I am waiting for the next installment with bated breath (fortunately, not *baited*!), and will have to console myself with my just-arrived copy of *The Half-blood Prince* until then . . . .
Elsie Cubitt chapter 12 . 7/20/2005
Ha ha! The joke is evidently on the meddling Duchess. Unfortunately, that it is meant to be subterfuge has affected poor Helen. You show this nicely. I like how your chapters always teem with color and life, to say nothing of emotion.

And no, adele rose; it is not "pass-time," but rather "pastime." When in doubt, consult Webster's.
adele rose chapter 12 . 7/17/2005
I think it would be very interesting if Holmes, very surprised at himself, discovered, at some later point, that he had ceased acting, and was emphasizing the "non-emotional, non-romantic, non-physical" nature of his relationship with Helen more to convince himself than to inform anyone else. Not to say I necessarily think that SH could ever be in a "happily-ever-after" relationship, but it would be interesting if he discovered depths to his emotions and possibilities for his life that he had thought he'd closed himself to, even if he's never allowed to live them out, for whatever internal or external reason.
103 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »