Reviews for The Mindsifter
rockpaperscissor chapter 37 . 10/10
I think I started reading your works a couple of years after you started writing this. I'd rather not try to guess how many stories I've read since then, but when it came to Kenshin? Your stories were the only ones I remembered and came back to - and I did, again and again. I'm trying to think of what I liked most about your stories - I think you have a marvelous way of conveying the good in people, of making characters true to themselves yet lovable and worthy of redemption. Your Kenshin is tragically lovable and sweet (just like in the manga) and I especially love how you delved into his relationships with Hiko and Sano. That little story about Sano and Kenshin on the boat? It's been years but I still come back to that one. It just feels true.
Ten, eleven years is a long time. Many things happened to you, and I'm sorry to hear some of them were tragedies. But just know that your stories of love and friendships were very comforting, and that should you continue you have a loyal reader right here. :) Best of luck, my dear.
This was brillant! Such an adventure! I found this story yesterday and have been reading practically non stop since then. It was very unpredictable so every chapter felt like a surprise. I thought it would end up being about Kenshin's friends bringing him home and dealing with the fall out of the abuse he went through but they all really got to suffer. I was so happy to see Hiko. He is such an underused character and he is so intriguing!
I was really sorry to read what you had gone through yourself but I hope you are getting on ok now.
AmunRa chapter 36 . 9/18
I was thrilled to see that you had finished this story. I always saw it listed on my list of follows and wondered if it would ever be finished.

I'm sorry for what you've been though in the intervening years. No doubt that is more than enough to cripple the writing spirit. Now that you've written again, I hope that writing can provide a bit of solace and peace, as it has always done for me.

I loved what you did with Hiko and Kenshin. They both deserve a second chance at being family. This is one of the most imaginative, well plotted, and well written stories I've ever read. Thank you so much for sharing.

Best of luck!
CaptainKay88 chapter 37 . 9/7
Holy shit! You can probably imagine how surprised I was to see that this had updated. I remember when I first discovered this story, how enthralled I was by such a creative setting. To see it not only updated but finished makes me smile. I am sorry for the struggles you've endured along the way but I am glad you were able to reach this point, both in the story and in your life. I hope you continue to move forward and find other stories along the way.
kokoronagomu chapter 36 . 8/14
what an insanely wild and horrific ride. so happy for everyone that it's over, even those who didn't make it out alive are no longer living that nightmare.
kokoronagomu chapter 35 . 8/14
"...he'd have his boy walking..." love that something good will come of this horror in that hiko and kenshin will be closer as father and son.

amusing to think that with kenshin getting better, kaoru's old habits seem to be resurfacing but it's good that she's gaining a little patience and self control. hopefully those new qualities will grow, at least in her dealings with kenshin.
Tamuril2 chapter 36 . 8/8
Oh wow, Tan had a WIFE! I can honestly say I didn't see that coming. Don't blame the poor woman for rejoicing that she and her child won't be condemned to that pit. This was a great epilogue. Just enough to wrap things up, but also leave room for a sequel (if that ever happens). Thank you SO much for a amazing story. I enjoyed every second of it. :D
PPVV chapter 37 . 8/8
Thank you.

Thank you so much for finishing this story despite all your heartaches and struggles. I am in awe and I stand humbled by your devotion to your writing. It brings me hope, also, that I would be able to have the drive and the ability to finish my stories as you have. No matter the block, no matter the time.

I am glad that Kenshin managed to get back safely and even retain his sanity. I'm also glad that Hiko (goodness, you write him so well!) and him are able to patch their relationship together, as well. I like how Hiko encourages Kenshin to walk without his crutch. I thought that was a great touch and very realistic.

And lastly, I really love the brotherly relationship between Sano and Kenshin. I love how Kenshin always looked to Sano and felt safest with him during his ordeal.

Anyway. My thoughts are all jumbled and it's showing through this review. I want to end it by saying: CONGRATULATIONS! You did it. You completed one of the best stories I have read on this site.

Great job on a beautiful piece! I can't wait to read more of your works in the future. Best of luck in all your life endeavors or challenges.

You're a hero.

Thanks for writing,
skenshingumi chapter 37 . 8/7
WoW! It has been a time, that's for sure. This story is much beloved and I want you to know that you are a truly gifted story teller and had me spellbound many a night over the years. I had to sequester myself away so I could read it all from beginning to end once more. I loved the wrap up too, Using Aijo's POV got a lot of the necessary details out of the way and made the point that she and Daisuke are part of Kenshin's painful past not his future, I think it was important to have them be in a good place as Kenshin would want but not part of his day-to-day life. He needs to find his strength again and you showed that beautifully in chapter 35. I loved every bit of the scenes in the dojo, from Kaoru's wicked images of bashing Hiko, Kenshin's raised eyebrow, his quiet but slowed talking, his reaching for Kaoru's hand, all show the personal resilience of them both yet with subtle changes as Kenshin comes back to himself. As Hiko humorous but resentful comment shows, he is less guarded, more aware of and open to his emotions with both Kaoru and Hiko. I love that you show the affect on Hiko as well. The three tries to pay Kenshin on the head was just right but even better was Hiko supporting him to go for a walk. Part of me missed having more of Sano but that off screen bit with Sano and Yahiko doing god-knows-what was also just right. Finally, putting an end to the all aspects of the curse, with the end of the short-shifter just underlined that they were all victims now finally free with the all the attendant opportunities and risks. A very fitting end with a bow on it.

Thank you again for sharing your wonderful imagination with us. I hope you will find an easier path ahead and I hope you will never lose that wonderful voice.
Queen Emily the Diligent chapter 37 . 8/7
Amazing! I've read brother of dragons a few years ago but never stopped by to read your other stories. I'm so glad you got to finish this one because I've thoroughly enjoyed it! You were able to write from all different perspectives which is extremely difficult I find. :) and Hiko and Kenshin's relationship here was the icing on the cake! _
ZenAkarazu chapter 37 . 8/4
I dont know if you will ever be able to read this. But i wanted you to know that this is one of the most thought out, beautifully paced, full of emotion story i have read. Please have the courage to write and publish your own book. I would be first in line to buy it. How ever long that takes.
J Luc Pitard chapter 35 . 7/20
This is my favorite chapter. Everything about his recovery is excellent. The only thing missing (not really, just saying) is how frustrating this must be for Kenshin, inside his heart/mind, to be so weak and needy. I think his inner strength shows through when he stands up to Karoru's refusal to let him go train. Their interaction there shows a lot about their relationship going forward. Also, Hiko saying his idiot pupil can't get anything right and has ended up seeming younger instead of being aged by his trauma is priceless! Made me smile.
J Luc Pitard chapter 36 . 7/20
Freedom for all, as it should be. I like that the widow was happy to have the death of her husband (or baby daddy) verified. Also, a nice touch about the feeling of power from the crystal.
J Luc Pitard chapter 37 . 7/20
Wonderful ending to this! Loved this story and now it's neatly tied up. Well done.
Beautifully told story. I started reading this year and am thrilled it is complete. Thank you.