Reviews for The Mindsifter
Babyuknowme13 chapter 37 . 5/16
It is two A.M. right now. Two in the blasted morning. And I do not regret a single second spent sitting at this computer to read your story. My God. May you have your own happy ending, and sweet dreams to you, because I am ready to go the heck to sleep. Tomorrow I'll look to see what other stories you've written, if any. If I clicked the link to your account right now I don't think I'd be getting any sleep at all and I'm already going to hate myself tomorrow. Thanks for the wild ride!
dark dreamerx chapter 37 . 3/9
What a beautiful, well written story! I'm so sorry that you went through so much hardship throughout the years of writing this fanfiction. You are a wonderful writer, and this was such a unique, and truly inspiring story for my itchy fingers to write again soon. I have been on a long hiatus with things myself... Thank you, for finishing this story, and for keeping the love of Rurouni Kenshin alive :). Take care!
DGtnsl chapter 35 . 2/3
Yay! I'm glad Hiko is able to actually try and be a dad instead of just a master. And Kenshin is improving greatly!
I liked the decision to have a summary told from Aijo's point of view on what happened to the survivors, the labyrinth, and Kenshin's group. The images of watchdogs Hiko and Kaoru, plus Sano and Hiko sneaking Kenshin prohibited treats, was so funny!
hodges2 chapter 37 . 12/22/2017
This is one of the best stories I have ever read, it's a masterpiece to be honest I couldnt put it down, I don't know what I'm gonna do now that it's finally over. I loved it. You are an amazing author and thank you for finishing this story and sharing it with all of your readers. 3
lomp chapter 37 . 8/13/2017
Best fic I have read in a while ! What a talented writer you are !
M chapter 37 . 5/8/2017
Thank you for the story!
mco520 chapter 37 . 3/16/2017
So good, gripping story. Characterization is spotless
kongosoha chapter 37 . 1/31/2017
I don't usually enjoy fics in which Kenshin suffers too much (hasn't this man had enough lol), but yours is the exception. Maybe the ending has a lot to do with that, and your message of hope.

Everyone was beautifully in character and the pace was perfect! It felt like I was inside the labyrinth with them (it made me desperate many times to be honest, but it was so good!). Thank you for coming back to this story in spite of everything that happened to you. I wish you all the best in life!

If it means anything coming from a stranger, your story really touched me.
kandlepawz chapter 37 . 1/8/2017
I am very sorry for the hardships that you have suffered over the past several years, life is very rarely fair, unfortunately. And not that it means much from a stranger, and you may never read this anyway, but I hope things get better for you.

On a different note, I also wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed reading this fic, enough so that I have stayed up until four in the morning to finish. It was such a different kind of plot, but I think you did a good job portraying the characters. Mostly though, it seemed to me to be a story of hope, particularly at the end.. hope for a better future. Thank you for writing this, and thank you most of all for hanging in there and coming back to finish it.
Mama Kat chapter 37 . 12/17/2016
I started reading this story when you started posting it. I am sorry that you suffered so much trama in the years between the start and finish. All of the rewrites when you started posting again confused the heck outa me, so I waited until you were completely finished to re-read the entire story. Well done, very well done indeed. I was enthralled start to finish, and am very glad that I followed the story. I hope your life goes much smoother from this point forward. Protect your health and tell your family that you love them when you can, that way when your time comes, you have no regrets.
Bananabonanzas chapter 37 . 11/7/2016
You -and this piece- are fantastic. I couldn't possibly write everything I feel about it. Your characterizations, complex relationships, and general ability to weave a spellbinding tale are remarkable. Your portrayals of relationships, internal demons, and mental illness speak to the depth of your character and the things you have had to experience already. I hope writing can be a solace to you and allow you to experience life with renewed vigor and wonder, and am truly sorry that you had to endure those things. I hope things are looking up for you and that you can continue to take from your experiences and create. This is one of my favourite stories and I'm excited to check out some of your others!
rockpaperscissor chapter 37 . 10/10/2016
I think I started reading your works a couple of years after you started writing this. I'd rather not try to guess how many stories I've read since then, but when it came to Kenshin? Your stories were the only ones I remembered and came back to - and I did, again and again. I'm trying to think of what I liked most about your stories - I think you have a marvelous way of conveying the good in people, of making characters true to themselves yet lovable and worthy of redemption. Your Kenshin is tragically lovable and sweet (just like in the manga) and I especially love how you delved into his relationships with Hiko and Sano. That little story about Sano and Kenshin on the boat? It's been years but I still come back to that one. It just feels true.
Ten, eleven years is a long time. Many things happened to you, and I'm sorry to hear some of them were tragedies. But just know that your stories of love and friendships were very comforting, and that should you continue you have a loyal reader right here. :) Best of luck, my dear.
Guest chapter 36 . 9/29/2016
This was brillant! Such an adventure! I found this story yesterday and have been reading practically non stop since then. It was very unpredictable so every chapter felt like a surprise. I thought it would end up being about Kenshin's friends bringing him home and dealing with the fall out of the abuse he went through but they all really got to suffer. I was so happy to see Hiko. He is such an underused character and he is so intriguing!
I was really sorry to read what you had gone through yourself but I hope you are getting on ok now.
AmunRa chapter 36 . 9/18/2016
I was thrilled to see that you had finished this story. I always saw it listed on my list of follows and wondered if it would ever be finished.

I'm sorry for what you've been though in the intervening years. No doubt that is more than enough to cripple the writing spirit. Now that you've written again, I hope that writing can provide a bit of solace and peace, as it has always done for me.

I loved what you did with Hiko and Kenshin. They both deserve a second chance at being family. This is one of the most imaginative, well plotted, and well written stories I've ever read. Thank you so much for sharing.

Best of luck!
CaptainKay88 chapter 37 . 9/7/2016
Holy shit! You can probably imagine how surprised I was to see that this had updated. I remember when I first discovered this story, how enthralled I was by such a creative setting. To see it not only updated but finished makes me smile. I am sorry for the struggles you've endured along the way but I am glad you were able to reach this point, both in the story and in your life. I hope you continue to move forward and find other stories along the way.