Reviews for Hidden in the Dark
Window Girl chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
I like this story. It shows a Vader who still has a conscience and feelings. I like the way he calls the droids his friends.
F Maurice chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Interesting.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
I LOVED THIS! It portrayed Leia as strong through Vader's mind which counts for more than if it was her own perspective. I absolutely love it- can't even use any other words and this is the second time I've read it. Wow. You're a very good author. :)
ILDV chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Hard good story.
Albus Paulson chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Wow. "Once I feared death. Now I embrace it." Perfect!
Lina Inverse the Dramata chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Bravo... it had never occurred to me that Vader would have sensed those deaths. And instead of writing it as a wonderful sense of power... you showed that part of him was still human. And that he chose Leia to hold onto... Lovely story.
NonSoCheNickMettere chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Love it! A very original insight about Vader's thoughts.
Extraintrovert chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
The perfect embodiment of Sith philosophy. That was the Death Star; a testament to their belief of the individual will not only surpassing, but controlling the will of the very Force.

The deceptions of enemies, the manipulations of allies, the devastating war, the meteoric rise to power, and even the converting of one Anakin Skywalker were mere means to an end for the Dark Lord, a way to enable the realization and construction for the brainchild of a madman and the monstrosity of science; the ultimate weapon. Even his mastery of the Force was a means to an end, as no Sith could ever comprehend the Force being more powerful than they.

His efforts to become a Sith were never complete, but Darth Vader embraced the philosophy of the Death Star - which was, in effect, Sith and Imperial dogma brought into physical form - with a zeal that was only equaled by the military elite, and only surpassed by his master.

Whatever inspired you to write this, methinks you should try it again
DarthGladiator45 chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
Why did you stop there?
Padfoot Reincarnated chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
Wow, awesome job.
Voldy's pink teddy chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
Interesting take on this scene. Somehow I never imagined Vader not being able to handle the effects of the destruction of Alderaan to this degree, but what you wrote makes sense. Anakin/Vader is a lot more complex than what is shown in the original trillogy (for good reason, plotwise), so it makes sense that, Sith Lord or not, his reaction to death would be equally complex. We just can't tell how he really feels about most things because of his mechanically reproduced voice and his mask, which conceal his expressions and inflections.
p.c. andrews chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
I always thought Vader was pretty unhappy about the whole Death Star thing, and that in the movie it wasn't shown how upset he really was because it would humanize him too much. I like this.
Treenahasthaal chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
This is the second time I've tried to leave a review for this... and I'm not sure if my first attempt will show up! I adored this little scene, beautifully and poetically written and a wonderfully unique POV. Thank you!
Selena chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
I'm always fascinated by the stories featuring Vader and Leia, and this was truly an original idea. And an entirely plausible characterisation which takes the prequels into account.
LeBibish chapter 1 . 6/14/2005