Reviews for Night oft brings news to near kindred
Julie Poe chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
A wonderful, touching story.
Starlit jewel chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
You incorporated a nice touch of symbolism in this story with Boromir's star falling from the sky. I enjoyed this story a lot. Thanks for writing!
Nelarun chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
I nearly cried. It was riviting! I loved it. Well done, excellent story. The ending was so sad. like all hope had been lost.

Nelarun
nautika chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
This was very powerful. The falling star was totally different from any othre perspective I've seen on it. It also gave us Faramir as a child and as a man with the extra treat of young Boromir. I hope you write many more. Thanks for sharing.
Imaginigma chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
Oh, it is so sad. I always liked the relationship between Faramir and Boromir and the thought that Faramir is now all alone in the world... Of course we all know of Boromirs fate, but your story was so good and I reallyfelt so sorry for Faramir.

The idea with the stars and that the star fell from the sky, the little boys making the vow, ah, it went straight to my heart.

A really good stroy.
Aragornwriter chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
Very well written! Faramir is a great character to write about and you have taken a part of his history and wrote a beautiful story about it. Congratulations on your first effort - I definitely hope to read more from you soon.

ps, if you would change your profile and accept anonymous reviews as well, you would definitely get a lot more.
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
How I wish that there had been the time in the movies to explore the relationship between Faramir and Boromir...or that there had been s section in the Appendices of the book devoted to the brothers. Thank goodness for fan fiction such as this which helps. Very nicely done.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/19/2005
This was a very well written and enjoyable story. I love the way you characterise end sent tingles down my spine !

Thank you for all your kind reviews of my story, I'm glad you are enjoying it, you are on the right track about Faramir !I was struck by the contrast between FRodo in FOTR and ROTK too !
Katieelessar chapter 1 . 4/18/2005
Wow that was great! You have a real talent! Are you sure this is your first fan fiction, because it seems so good? Excellent. I love your writing. It's simplistic but flows and I you pick good details to place into your story. Great! I look forward to more of your writings. Keep writing!

Earnestly,
Elenhin chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
Gah, that was, that was, the end was amazing.

I really felt the twist of that one as I read that Boromir's star fell from the sky.

The tale of the two brothers as they were newly bereft of their brother was truly sweet and touching, that last sentance went far beyond that.

It gave all of it so much more meaning and depth that I do not think that it is even possible to read this and still be unafected.

It was lovely.