Reviews for Turn of Fate
Cymoril Avalon chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
Wow, that was really good! I like your take one what happened after the book was closed, how Tasuki wasn't all happy and lived happily ever after like everyone seems to think happened. Kind of sad and ironic that he's killed by his fellow seishi...and it all comes down on Miaka's shoulders.

Yeah, I don't like her.

Anyways, this was great! Lots of introspective angst, realistic thought patterns...I loved it!
belle.nisce chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
W-o-w. Just that. Wow. That almost made me cry - emotional, to say in the least. Are you sure this is your first one-shot? You've managed to capture Tasuki's anguish, his pain so well! Purely a brilliant piece of work that I admire. *toddles off to cry*

Since you're such an awesometastical writer (hehe) you should review my Fushigi slash, called Soak: Seasick. Thank you! n_n i'll be watching for more of your works.
KittyLynne chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
It's a gutsy move to write something showing a much darker side to Tasuki, but it's paid off; IMHO, this is a very haunting and thought provoking and we pov piece on what could have become of the bandit if he had become spiritually bankrupt and lost the the spirit of Suzaku (much like Anakin Skywalker turning to the dark side.)

Your writing has a great flow to it, and your descriptions are originally and vivid. Your style is distinctive, and enjoyable to read.

I was surprised to read that you haven't seen the OVAs; I thought perhaps that's where the inspiration for this came from the second one. If you haven't heard about it, I won't spoil it for you. ~_ Anyway, given that I have seen the OVAs, (and what happened to Tasuki in the second) I don't feel that your portrayal of Tasuki is all that out of character.

As for constructive criticisms...my only suggestion is that you consider making this a prologue to a longer fic. Although this one shot can stand just fine on its own, I was left with many unanswered questions (especially regarding the dragon.) IMHO, it would make a superb foundation to a 'need for redemption' type story. _ Just a thought.~_

Thank you for posting this, and please keep writing!

Best wishes,