Reviews for Convergence
ChocolateTeapot chapter 5 . 2/12/2013
I know this review is rather late, but this story is very interesting and well written.

I really like the fourth chapter, although the breakup of the Unity was a bit too sudden for me.

If you are going by the expanded Universe canon (the now down website and the GURPS book), their ages are subtly wrong. Deirdre is over thirty, she was born in 2025, which makes her thirty-five by the launch date. Zakharov (born 1994) is also canonically older than Morgan (born 2005).

You get her name right most of the time, but it's Deirdre.

Chapter 2:

“Deidre ventured into the dark bowels of the ship.”, “He wanted everything with Deidre to go right.”

Chapter 3:

“The accent was plainly Russian, and Deidre had a good idea to whom it belonged.” “Deidre was incensed.” “Between the shock of awakening from cryostasis and the shock of hearing Miriam's speech, Deidre had had enough.”

Chapter 5: In this chapter, you seem to spell her name wrong almost every time.

Miriam's reply, "Zakharov stands for science without reason, for progress without heart. He cares not where or how he obtains knowledge; he is a machine, not a man, and he doesn't really love you. He's only using you because you are young, and pretty, and intelligent enough for a computer like him to tolerate." I rather like this line.

I liked Zakharov's antisocial behaviour in the first chapter and his interaction with Deirdre in the second.

Deirdre's proclamation in the last chapter is also great.
Bobohatta chapter 5 . 2/20/2012
Please continue this! This is one the the best story of SMAC. Very emotional and realistic too. You make me want to write one of my own, about the exodus of the free drones from the human hive. Keep writting!
Greivous chapter 5 . 3/8/2011
YAY! Another chapter!
Fridge chapter 5 . 2/15/2011
Awesome, should we make the guess that the University is on the newly found continent, or is he on (presuming I'm reading this right and accurately remembering the geography of Chiron) in the third continent? Either way I'm sure the University is thriving. The technology seems a bit fast paced, but I spose if six of the seven factions started out right next to each other that would happen. Any specifics on the general populations of the factions? Hope to see another update soon, its disapointing when you check every few months and nothing has been updated.
Ethriel chapter 4 . 1/2/2011
I started reading this before it went on hiatus...by chance I was browsing the AC and find it updated!

I am enjoying the story very much, and now that they're about to land on Planet I'm sure things are going to pick up nicely :D Keep up the good work, I cannot wait to read more
Shade-Duelist chapter 4 . 12/22/2010
Ah, a new chapter! Oh, I simply love your story, please do write some more chapters!
Bobohatta chapter 4 . 10/12/2010
More! The characters are very well illustrated, each and everyone of them.

I never imagined Zakharove being so sensitive, I kind thought him to be the same way Miriam described him. Nice to see a new perspective.

By the way, if you include the handsome Domai in the love triangle between Skype and Zakharov, that would really spice up the story.

Oh yeah, the university has always being my favorite faction. Hope to see more of them in your story.

Your description of Miriam was excellent, just the time of screaming fanatic one would expect. She's my favorite villan in the game, followed by Yang.

So thumps up and put up more!
Fridge chapter 4 . 5/12/2010
Ah, a story without the typical spelling and grammatical errors. A good read so far, although Zakharov seems a bit out of character. Are you going to just cover University or all of the factions, as they struggle for survival. Hope you continue your work, as most of the few Alpha Centauri stories written, are overly short, and unfortunately abandoned. While I understand this is a fanfic, several of the characters seem...highly out of character. That said I'm also rooting for a Zakharov/Deidre coupling. Good luck in your personal writing adventure, and remember to play the game that makes people forget to sleep for days at a time.
chankljp chapter 4 . 4/18/2010
Great story! At first I was not too sure about you creating a new backstory that is different from the official novels. But I think yours is just as good (if not better). Please update soon!

P.S. After reading your story it makes me feel bad about killing off Zakharov in basically most of my playthoughs.
Numbuh six-sixtysix chapter 4 . 4/14/2010
Glad to see this being updated - I hadn't heard fro it in so long, I actually forgot the story (I never forget a basic storyline). I hope to see more of this fic soon.
Numbuh six-sixtysix chapter 3 . 8/6/2009
I love this pairing. I don't know why, but it just appeals to me even more than that of a Spartan University. Please update soon.
Sazz chapter 3 . 4/16/2009
I really like this! Do you have any interest in continuing this?

(also Miriam is just jealous)
Shade-Duelist chapter 3 . 12/2/2005
Deirdre and Zakharov should get together, they'd make such a cute pair... _

Nice story, i would love to write one as good as this one!
MissWulf chapter 3 . 7/10/2005
I like it so far. I believe that the last chapter with Miriam could have been more...interesting, but that is my own mind. This is still a really good fic so far though.
aethelswin chapter 3 . 5/26/2005
I'm curious as to what happens next, so I hope school pressures lighten up soon. At first I thought that your characters didn't seem bright enough to be faction leaders, but lots of real-life political leaders aren't too bright, so I guess that's okay. Zakharov may be a bit long in the tooth for Deirdre, and this is exacerbated when she seems to act like a teenager. That's a minor quibble though, and I shall summon up my ample reserves of willing suspension of disbelief to deal with it.