Reviews for Another Step
darkraistlyn chapter 1 . 9/28
That was cute, I liked that.
waddiwasiwitch chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
This was very cute! :-)
shani chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
MelancholyMadness chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
...well I have to say it is true... If a guy smells funny, it doesn't matter how attractive he is, the affect is ruined... :D I liked it! I absolutely love parental!

Aye chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
I like how open Ed was near the end - smiling when he gets it right. I also like how he wanted to use Roy's brand of aftershave because he wasn't sure how to choose, and how he felt like a child as Roy paid.

Also, walking in on RoyHawkeye making out. What kid doesn't do that occasionally?

Also, awwwwwwww!
CheddarTrek chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Very cute story - and well written to boot. Most aren't able to write this well, and far too much of what is well written won't allow for my suspension of disbelief. This is great.
BlackLioness chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Aw, this story was so cute and the characterization was perfect. Great job!
demisemiquav3r chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
ahahah i had such trouble reading this because i was laughing too much! XDD poor ed must be so confused about having to shave, and roy being himself XDD this was good, and the part with riza and roy at the end was cute
saxgirl42 chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Oh my God, this is one of the cutest things I have EVER read. Awesome job! I loved every word!
Anime-Luver101 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Haha, this made me laugh. XD Um, well, I must admit that shaving is a pain in the ass. I have a hair growth problem, so I would definitely know.

Reminds me of the time when I asked my mom, 'Why the hell is hair growing on my face?' I thought only males had that problem, but apparently not. XD
JessiTsuki chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
I find this very cute and amusing. You're an excellent writer.
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Very cute.

I'll say right off the bat that I'm a firm fan of parental-Roy fics, since I've always looked at him as a father figure for the boys in the actual show. Unfortunately, parental Roy fics are hard enough to find on this site to begin with. And when you do find them, they're usually angsty "somebody-got-hurt-now-let's-deal-with-it" plotlines; and while nothing is wrong with that (and I do love a good angsty hurt/comfort) they tend to forget /other/ aspects of parenthood.

Like this!

So let me congradulate you, first of all, on doing something unique but unquestionably recognizable as parental.

Second, boy did this bring back memories. Being a girl I have no facial hair issues of course, but it really did bring back memories of joking with my brother about his "peach fuzz" as the family referred to it. So I could totally see where poor Ed was coming from in all this.

Third, you write well. You don't mutilate the English language, in fact you have a very nice command of it, which is fantastic. Too many good fics have been ruined by bad writing, even if they had good ideas.

And fourth...nice characterization. Your take on Roy and Ed seemed in place and realistic, and neither one seemed incredibly out of character for most of this fic. Which is also nice, since it made the story that much more believable.

My one "eh" was the ending with Hawkeye. I think it's a plausible relationship but it seemed a bit out of place in this particular fic.

Anyway, very cute, nice job.

~Velkyn Karma
The Sacred Pandapuff chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Hahahaa, gave me a good laugh! And it's really good.
Creative Spark chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
That's cute, and sweet, and made me feel all warm inside.

Ruingaraf chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
This was very amusing. XD

“Because you were born the son of someone with respectable facial hair and I was not.”

made me fall off my chair laughing.