Reviews for In the Darkness of the Day
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 4/26/2005
Just loved this chapter especially “I cannot but be just a little bit glad for poor Uncle. He would have a fit were he here for the news! Good for him to be dead" and "“My lord, I think someone has to stay with the Lord Faramir and see to his needs. I, as his family, appear to be the most suitable one for the task.”

I often wonder who did tell Faramir in my version he asks Aragorn who fetches Pippin !
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
I like the way you depict Lothiriel trying to help and her innocence and attitude towards Denethor .She grows up fast when poor Faramir is wounded
lindahoyland chapter 5 . 4/26/2005
I am enjoying this very much, I like your Lothi very much and also your Aragorn. They are both caring and compassionate.

Thank you so much for your kind reviews of my story.
catwraith chapter 5 . 4/26/2005
Before I say anything about your story I would like to say Thank you so much for my one review for my story. I really like this fic. Thank you for recommending (did I spell that right?) it.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 5 . 4/25/2005
GreaT! I gtg, though, will write more later!
Elenhin chapter 5 . 4/25/2005
Well worked at least for a moment, so I found your update, seems I am not the only one haveing problem for the moment. Must be a major server break down or something.

Glad that I seem to have understood your Lothiriel.

Very wiese thing that Aragorn pointed out. About nobility, that it might seem tedious with all the tradistions and rules, but that it is a burden not every one can bear.

That is indeed very true. The history are full of examples of those who had more power than they could handle, and had gotten it by heriatage, but there are an equall number of those who did very well.

Lothiriel has what it takes, and if she is allowed to continue growing she shall be very adept.

The Eomer running her over in the hallway I see as a brother frustrated about not being able to help his sister. I have a kid brother, I can understand, and Eomer is a man of action. He would be very frustrated and not fully aware of his actions in that regard over that time.

I also think that it is the fact that Lothiriel are young and inexperience allthough kind hearted with the best intentions that made Eowyn allow her closer.

It probebly made it easier for her to trust her. Eowyn feels it at ease needing asistance, and Lothiriel are not used to giving that kind of aid. That means that they are both are a slight bit uncomfortable and uncertain, thus no one have an advantage over the other.

Eowyn would feel more at ease that way, and so lower her barrier and allow her closer than she would a healer.

Faramir is also a big help as well, for with him she can get comfort as well as give. Faramir knows how it feels to doubt that you are good enough at what you are doing, and thus he will assure her, thought maybe not so much in word.

He seems to be acting more like a teddy bear if you forgive me for the likening.

Someone where she can go and get some comfort without having to go into detail about what is wrong. Then she comforts him on the same level.

Both of them does not want to show weakness for the moment, I think, and therefor if neither tells why they want a hug, then they can comfort and no weakness have been exposed. Something along that line I think.

Then also Faramir is willing to ignore propriety as so to say it for his cousin, as is she. They are now in a situation where they can only be sure of having each other. When Lothiriels family rides with Aragorn, Faramir will be the only one she have left with her.

Therefor I think she will clinging harder to him already now, as they both face the same thing and understands the fear of seeing the rest of their family ride of, and not knowing if they will come back or not.

It will be interesting to see what happens the next time Lothiriel and Eomer comes face to face. I am gussing that Eomer will be gratefull on account of her sister, but his opinion of Lothiriel might also depend on what he likes Faramir courting his sister.

If he does not like Faramir doing that, then he might not think to kindly of his cousin. Oh, well, by then Eowyn will be ready to thump him on the head if he does not behave himself.

It shall never the less be interesting to see. I am very eagerly looking forward to the next chapter.

Kindest Regards, Elenhin
Elenhin chapter 3 . 4/23/2005
I am terribly sorry that I am so late with this review.

For some reason I have not had proper acces to since last monday. I can not see what is new, and can only acces stories by running a direct search to them.

It worked for five minutes just now, and then again did not work, so I am back to having no proper acces.

However I have finally found this one, and that is something I am very gratefull for.

I truly like what you are doing, it ís very interesting.

You are portraying Lothiriel very well. She is not really spoiled as such, she has just never been exposed to such situations before.

My guess on this is that her family have tried to shield her from all bad, and so she have been shielded from all things.

The comment about acting like a child but not being allowed to learn how to be a grown up makes very much sense.

How would she have grovn up if she was protected from these things that makes us grow?

I love Eomer, he has clearly taken an interest in her already, but there is a lot in the way. I love the way he sugested she speak with Eowyn, and it will be most intersting to see when those two speak.

For the moment I think that Eomer and Lothirel are stepping around each other, trying to figure out what the other one is like without exsposing themselves to much.

Faramir is still our dear Faramir. Trying to cope and now discovering that he is more or less alone. I do think that Lothiriel will be a comfort for him.

If I think along what you have written, (Trying to make up for my lack of reviews with a longer and more analyzing one, ;)) Lothiriel is most definatley not a spoiled brat as it might first appeaer.

She is merely young and inexpereinced, she needs to be allowed to grow, and I think that Faramir can help her do that.

Eomer and Eowyn would definately be good as well, on account of being more bluff mannered whcich she is as well.

The thing with Faramir is that he is very good natured and patient. He will not only be able to over look her mistakes, such as running out on him, he will help her move past them. To learn from them, but not blame her for them.

He knows that it is inexperience, and so he will try to help her become more expereinced, and so she will learn more of others needs.

Oh, I really love this. I hope that gets working again so I do not risk missing such good things as this one.

Untill it works properly again I will make my best to make sure I do not miss anything.

Kindest Regards, Elenhin
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 3 . 4/21/2005
I might not want to, but I did! This is really great! I enjoy it! Eomer is way cool.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 2 . 4/19/2005
This is a WONDERFUL story, I love it! (On my favorites list!) Keep up the good work!
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6