Reviews for In the Darkness of the Day
Elijahcat chapter 9 . 5/9/2005
I hope she will not do anything silly or get into harm's way. She is so alone. Really enjoyed the story a lot. There have been other Lothiriel in the HOH stories but this one is easily one of the better ones.
lindahoyland chapter 9 . 5/8/2005
Poor,poor Thiri, I am so sorry for her,please let rescue come,she does not deserve this as Faramir was patronising to her and losing her temper was natural.

Gripping and well written,this deserves far more reviews.
Raksha The Demon chapter 9 . 5/8/2005
A very dramatic chapter! However, I'm having some trouble believing a couple of points: 1. That even as bereft and hurt as he is, Faramir would let Eowyn make him physically lean on her - Faramir has more self-control and strength than that, even when feeling terrible pain, then to lean on someone he wants to help and with whom he's falling in love, not at this stage in their relationship...(2)Lothiriel doesn't realize that the drunken louts want to do more than kiss her? (3) I have a hard time believing that Lothiriel, who is fundamentally a young woman with normal self-esteem, would feel she deserves to be raped as punishment for making a hurtful remark. Despite her extreme thoughtlessness in hurting Faramir, it doesn't make sense that she would really stand still and let herself be pawed, kissed and (eventually) raped out of guilt.

I have enjoyed this story up until now; but I hope you will consider making some changes to this chapter...
catwraith chapter 9 . 5/8/2005
Aw...Poor Thiri. And two chapters! Keep up the good work!
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 8 . 5/7/2005
Ah, bopys... (sorry I haven't reviewed, I HAVE been reading, but my computer was being naughty!)
lindahoyland chapter 8 . 5/6/2005
I loved this chapter and your insights into the characters,both of Thiri's conversations were very moving and she has matured a great deal.

Poor Faramir ,he must feel so lost .I also like the way you capture the atmosphere of trying to hope against all the odds.

Thank you so much for your kind and insightful review of my story, I was pleased you noticed the noses and Aragorn's compassion.
lindahoyland chapter 7 . 5/4/2005
Beuatifully written, I liked the way you described the feelings when the host rode out and how Thiri is maturing.
Elenhin chapter 6 . 4/29/2005
Very sweet and with a depth to it.

It is very easy to see how Lothiriel and Eomer grow to think more and more about each other, not becasue of what they say, but because of how they act around the other.

Both of them willing to hear what the other one has to say about everything.

They are beginning to show each other a new kind of trust and respect when they meet.

The humor is always very refreshing. Faramir trying to wake Lothiriel, and when they were disscusioning Eowyn. It was so amusing.

Based on that disscussion it shall be most interesting to see what occurs when Eowyn and Faramir meet.

Also it shall be most interesting to see what happens when Eomer gets back, how happy he shall be to see Lothiriel as well.

You are really doing a great job out of this.

I am eagerly waiting for the next chapter.

Kindest Regards, Elenhin
lindahoyland chapter 6 . 4/28/2005
I just loved this chapter,especially the humour and Aragorn and Faramir's very touching story is most enjoyable to read.
catwraith chapter 6 . 4/28/2005
he he I like the kiss at the end
Raksha The Demon chapter 5 . 4/27/2005
I like this version of Lothiriel - a young and sheltered woman who is basically good-hearted, but who is suddenly confronted with the horrors of war and has to grow up fast, and is doing so, but not gracefully. I like her meeting with Eowyn; and the contrast between the two women; and their instinctive liking.

I imagine this must be movie-verse, since Beregond seems to be absent from the Houses - in the book, Gandalf commanded him to be Faramir's servant and guard after Denethor's death, and it's implied that Beregond stayed in the Houses with his son, and Faramir, until he left on the march to the Black Gate...

I gather Faramir hasn't yet been told that his father tried to burn him alive?

I like the relationship set up here between Faramir and Lothiriel, too...
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 4/26/2005
Thiri certainly knows how bestr to deal with Eowyn, nice to think they will become sisters in law.
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 4/26/2005
I loved Thiri's scenes both with Eomer and Aragorn and Aragorn realising he needs Faramir.
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 4/26/2005
Just loved this chapter especially “I cannot but be just a little bit glad for poor Uncle. He would have a fit were he here for the news! Good for him to be dead" and "“My lord, I think someone has to stay with the Lord Faramir and see to his needs. I, as his family, appear to be the most suitable one for the task.”

I often wonder who did tell Faramir in my version he asks Aragorn who fetches Pippin !
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
I like the way you depict Lothiriel trying to help and her innocence and attitude towards Denethor .She grows up fast when poor Faramir is wounded
97 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »