Reviews for Kurisutaru
Nom de Plume chapter 3 . 8/12/2013
Why this story has even less than 30 reviews is BEYOND my comprehension. This story deserves 100 reviews right about now, AT LEAST. And I could just cry from looking at the year you had last updated. But the one thing I don't regret is giving this story a shot, despite the chances that it will never be continued...

I say this because usually I am not that big of a fantasy fan. I don't mind fantasy but neither do I ever feel compelled by that genre. There has only been one 'fantasy' world that I can instantly recall being fascinated by and it is the Final Fantasy series (as if you didn't see that one coming). But what you have here... true, reincarnation is not an original baby-bomb but the world you've created here within the RK world... I could not stop reading. I literally could feel the archaic atmosphere of this old forest world... and that's saying something, seeing that your writing style is not the flowery, embellished type and you had barely described the whole setting. In spite of that, somehow, the imagery was still there in my mind's eye. Everything! Or maybe I just got really into it and just started imagining everything.

Your writing is so simple and yet so pleasing to read at the same time. It gets the message across in the most direct way possible without sounding mechanical. Ah, there are still so many questions I wanted answered! I found it fascinating how you took the original Rurouni Kenshin's world and picked out certain aspects and jig-sawed them around. For instance, this Ikiro character... literally, during his introduction in the previous chapter I thought he was Kenshin's missing identity in some twisted, magical way. From his supposedly young appearance, I wondered if he had been reincarnated too and simply had the memories of the past generations automatically inputted into his brain. ...Or it's a more likely outcome that he stays ageless somehow, for from the way he talks, it seems like he had lived during the past Kaoru&Battousai's life-time.

Another thing I wondered about was Battousai's repeated identities. Kenshin was surprised that he saw himself as the Battousai in his dream, and yet if Kaoru remained the same over the generations (personality and look-wise) and people recognized her as the Redeemer then... does that mean the Battousai's appearance changed each time? But that question aside, I love how you had given Kenshin a lovelier childhood here. I rarely see that in stories, AU or canon-wise and it was simply ironic to see that the first Battousai's childhood was just like canon-Battousai's. A very interesting and clever decision on your part as the story-teller. Now I really wanted to see the next part of his dream-sequence... and hear the supposedly tragedies of the last generation's stories. But at this point, I guess I can only wonder.

The thing that I am always curious about with reincarnation stories... especially the ones with the reincarnated couple is if they ever feel embittered about their fate. Like, does one of them ever feel like their love life is being controlled for them and they are given no choices... not even in choosing their soul-mate. It has already been ordained so don't even bother kinda thing. Even if their feelings are true, I just think... do they ever feel like their feelings are just trickling from their past lives and it is not truly their own? Ah, that would make things more angsty-er, I'm sure. Of course, with Kenshin and Kaoru, I feel like with their original personalities... they would never feel bitterness towards each other and would probably be delighted to hear that their love transcends time and death, even without the memories to back it all up. But it was just an idea I thought that could be explored, if ever.

But I did notice how you specified that this time the Kamiya's bloodline is dying out and hence, there is a possibility that this Kaoru may be the last... so I felt there was a foreshadowing that this would be the epic journey of all epics and the final end to Dark Seed. ... But of course, we will never know what you had originally planned. I can only pray/hope/wish that you shall return for some reason (perhaps you felt a calling by your readers' woeful pleas?) and be inspired to write again. This story truly is one of the best gems of the RK world right now (and still is 8 years later) so to just let it die and rot here would a shame and indelible INJUSTICE to this world. But wherever you are now, on behalf of the readers, I hope that you are in good health and happy - cheers.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 3 . 8/1/2009
Interesting start. Looking forward to more. Thanks for the read.
JNgirl chapter 3 . 2/2/2009
I don't know what is keeping you from this one. It look to be fascinating right now. I hope at some point you are able to write more on this story.
raen chapter 3 . 3/14/2006
Wow! This is really interesting! I'm quite curious about how the character will develop. Another excellent start to a wonderful ficcie! Please update ASAP!

Raen
sueb262 chapter 3 . 1/20/2006
Such a masterfully woven story, and you really make my heart ache for Kenshin, who "had a longer childhood this time". I mean, really! What are you trying to do to us? ! ?
sueb262 chapter 2 . 1/20/2006
Wow, I really love how you've both changed and preserved these characters. And the story itself-well, already it seems worthy of not even being a fanfic!
Anonymous but very interested chapter 2 . 1/6/2006
Hi...again. Heh...I forgot to say about Chapter 3...The way that Kaoru and Kenshin (or the Battousai?) first met was very well-written! It was a wonderful meeting, and it's great that she stood up to everyone else like that. It truly shows her strength, her kindness, and her desire to protect.

Once again, thanks!

Until next time!

Good luck.

_
Anonymous but very interested chapter 3 . 1/6/2006
For some reason, I have never seen this story before, though it was published almost a year ago. But, no matter, I read it...and the chapters seem to be getting longer and longer. Yay! _ That is wonderful.

Though you said you hadn't updated this story for quite a while, I really do hope that you will soon, when you have more time, please. I wonder what Ikiro's role is...we get some idea, but not too much. And Kenshin and Kaoru? We get the main idea. They're both so sweet as children. Will Kenshin get a cross-shaped scar, too? And how old is Ikiro? Will Tomoe be in this story?

Thanks for continuing this story! I hope that you'll update soon.

Good luck!

_
sulou chapter 3 . 12/28/2005
This is coming along nicely. I truly am in love with your fantasy fics. They are wonderful.

Happy Holidays, sulou
Cheryl chapter 3 . 12/24/2005
I think your story is great, that I do. () Your control of vocabulary and grammar is spectacular and, even better, your story is actually INTERESTING. Some people have wonderful ideas for stories but they ruin the whole thing by using abbreviations and tacky language. While, some manage to come up with actually LEGIBLE stories but their plots go off the point or are some old wives' tale that we have heard over and OVER again... Please continue with this story- I'm really looking forward to it!
Linay chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
I love your stories...so imaginative and interesting!
xZig-zagx chapter 3 . 12/23/2005
Oh! Exciting chapter! I really liked the dream. Yes, I'm evil I know...

I'm glad you haven't forgotten this story! For so far I've really enjoyed it and I can't wait to read more!
sueb262 chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
Fabulous chapter title! Dark and ominous, and succinctly characterizing each player. I'll be reading this story, as well, it looks like!
VyxenSkye chapter 3 . 12/22/2005
Yay, you updated this story! I liked it tonz, please update again soon!

ja ne!
Reignashii chapter 3 . 12/22/2005
OH I WONDER WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NOW? WELL LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE!