Reviews for True Face of Courage
Anjiska chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Lovely descriptions, it was so easy to imagine everything :)I really enjoyed reading it!
ethuil chapter 12 . 10/30/2010
hey! great story and great way to end too :) [I've been following this for quite a while] well done :D
sleepallday chapter 12 . 10/10/2010
This story is wonderful, I really enjoyed it and reread it a couple of times. Im definitely subscribing to you in case you decide to write another LOTR fanfic, I love your stories! Good job:)
blindrain chapter 12 . 10/10/2010
:D Good job!

It's :P

The story was great - I really liked reading it. :)

I hope you'll write more when you can.

Way to go!
NinielB chapter 12 . 10/9/2010
You might not realize it, but your stories are special. Not only because they are wonderful tales, but to me they are more than that. To me they hold memories of my own life. I remember working at Christmas and sneaking a little view of your story every break I could get. I remember meeting my best friend to date and a group of friends we both have in common for the first time and spending a wonderful two weeks together, playing role play. I played Elladan and my best friend played Ro, and then on the way home in the car we both read Lost and the feeling of sharing that. It can’t really be described, but it resonated. Of course we’ve never been in situations anything like that, but still.. identifying with the characters the way we did made something in the way we see each other shift too. So thank you for writing these stories and for seeing it through to the end of this latest one despite everything.

I wanted to say this before reviewing this chapter.

I am so thrilled to see this story finished, but in a way it is also very sad because with the end of each story there is the possibility there won’t be more. While it’s still a work in progress you are always hoping there will be more. When it’s finished, yes there is closure, but also the slight sorrow that there won’t be more of this story.

I know you have had a hard time getting this story out, and I’m not going to push, but if you write in the future you will be certain to have at least one reader :)

I loved the subtle emotion you worked into Elrohir when he looked up, waiting for Estel’s apology, or rather, his condemnation. I think you managed that perfectly without too much emphasis, but just enough that the reader’s imagination supplied the rest and made it all the more potent for it. It’s a difficult balance to find, how much information to give and when it is too much and take away the readers’ opportunity to think for themselves and thereby make the scene stronger because it involves them in a different way than if they have everything served up on a platter. I think you manage.

Also in the scene where Elladan explains to Estel how Elrohir could never hate him, but would blame himself instead: so strong.

I also found the part where Elrohir was insufferable very striking. On one side it was amusing, but on the other you felt sorry for them all. I imagine what Elrohir said would hurt Dan, at least in the past, even if he chooses to forgive him because he knows it’s not his brother speaking, the same goes for Legolas, and I wonder how Estel felt. He was so ready to be the target and yet Ro did not once bite at him. I think in a way, while it would certainly be a relief, that it would be hard too. If you feel you deserve punishment, then sometimes it can be worse not to get it. Like Estel was unable to hear the praise Elladan had for him before he had apologized.

Your summary in the end was very well done too. Sometimes endings can seem very awkward, but yours was very natural and did not leave me feeling unsatisfied. I think you managed what you set out to do: pick up all the loose ends and tie them together without being unnatural about it and then making a bow at the end to make it look pretty.

I just want to say.

Thank you.

It’s been a privilege reading.
Iawen Londea chapter 12 . 10/8/2010
Yay, you finished it! I was so happy to see another chapter to this fic, and I think this wrapped up the story very well. I loved the scene with Estel and Elrohir, and I loved all of the interactions between every character. Great job.
myrina-lux chapter 12 . 10/8/2010
Thank you so much for finishing! And what a wonderful end it was to the story. So many neat tie-ins, such as Elrohir finding his mother during the Orc attack with the rat gnawing on her leg. And the interaction between Elorhir and Estel was fantastic. Great, great story!
Ruusaanyc chapter 11 . 6/21/2010
Oh no, the Terrible Twin Tempers! At least Elrohir finally got his shoulder taken care of... after he made worse... :-) Can't wait for the next update!
LisaG16 chapter 2 . 6/5/2010
Liking the story, but Estel seems a bit out of character to me in this chapter. I really wouldn't think he'd think so little of Elrohir because of what happened in the cave...he wouldn't be so callous. I think he'd be much more of a sympathetic of his older brother and want to know why he reacted the way he did. Estel's reactions and statements are not those of a 16 yr old...more of a 10 yr old.
NinielB chapter 11 . 6/4/2010
It's so wonderful to see you writing again!

I had to read a bit up on the story to remember where we were, but it came back surprisingly easy: Your stories are the kind that stick in the mind.

I really feel for Elrohir and it's nice to see that Elladan was a bit of a twit when he was young too. It puts Estel's behaviour in perspective and oh how cruel of you. Putting him in that 'prison cell' with rats! I loved it!

And then this chapter, poor Ro, being hurt and then Dan, in trying to prove it hurts him.. I loved the point of him having carried Dan despite having broken his collarbone. The implied love there is brilliant.

And OUCH for him falling and making it worse.

It's awful that you lost the story to the washing maschine, but I loved this chapter too, so I'm not too sorry that you had to rewrite and ended up changing it to this.

So, all in all... I just really love this story still and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
SadieSil chapter 11 . 5/17/2010
Hi. My last review appeared in a very strange group of signals. I am sorry. I don't know why ffnet did that. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciated your stories. I've already read this chapter tons of times. Hope my English was better to make clear to you how much I love the way you write, the way you make your characteres alive, as they were people we can meet everywere. I am waiting anxiously for your next chapter and hope, really hope, you have another good story on the drawer to post here, to make us happy.

Rei6 chapter 11 . 5/9/2010
I wouldn't mind ten more chapters actually. ;) So please don't apologize for another chapter. I will be sad when this is over.

Thank you for hurt!Elrohir - now, that was absolutely lovely. Loved Elladan being all angry and worried and frustrated at his bro.

And Estel was really sweet near the end, I can't wait for him to apologize to Ro. This will mean so much to Ro. óò It must be terrible to feel your own brother thinks you're a coward.

Great chapter and I can't wait for more. I'm so sorry about the loss of your memory stick!

May I ask if you're going to write more stories about the twins? Because I really adore your fanfictions and you would make me incredibly happy. )
myrina-lux chapter 11 . 5/8/2010
First: so sorry about losing your work. Reading your A/N made me cringe because I've been there before and know how awful it is.

Second: Wow-this chapter was amazing. Just amazing. What was 'Ro thinking? Too stubborn for his own good. Everything just came together so well, paralleling the beginning scene in Elladan's story in the 'Bitter Memory' chapters where they fought over their pride and even in the first story Elladan shared when they fought over disobeying their ada. Yet in the end, they learn, they are always there for one another. The end of this chapter especially was a nice parallel to the previous one where Elladan was holding and calming his brother once they freed him of his chain and Glorfindel tended to his wounds like Legolas and Estel did here. Your portrayal of the twins' bond is so complex yet believable. As is Estel's slowly evolving understanding of his brother as a truly courageous elf.

This is one of the few stories I waited patiently for any updates, and I'm just thrilled to death that you're finishing it! This and 'Lost' are just phenomenal. :)
Deep Sorrow chapter 11 . 5/8/2010
Wow, another chapter! And after losing it to the wash? You're amazing. ;)

I'm so glad that Estel is realizing what a brat he's been. It was nice to see him stand up for Elrohir for a change. I can't wait to read the conclusion to this story. Thanks for sharing!
Ruusaanyc chapter 10 . 5/3/2010
"Lost" was my favorite stories for the sons of Elrond, and this story is just as good! Is there some special reason why it's always Elrohir who gets hurt? Well, Elladan's hurt now, but Elrohir usually gets the more traumatic injuries. Can't wait for the final chapter! :-D