Reviews for To Forget
Arialies chapter 7 . 8/4/2010
beautiful, just beautiful. the tension is killing me! i like how you wrote their sides and perspectives on the story, it give it a better view of what the characters wants to portray. I love how it is related to the manga somehow. i've always been a fan of HatsumixShinogu (that's why i was wailing in agony at the end of the manga TTATT SHINOGU!) but ahyways, it's an AWESOME fan fic! please update soon! (man! the tension is really killing me, i was clicking the imaginary next button out of instincts and was truly depressed when i learned that it isn't out yet. SHINOGU IS WAYYYY BETTER THEN THAT UGLY BLOND FOUR-EYES! TTATT you rock! thank you for the awesome story.
sylphstarwind chapter 7 . 9/26/2008
Oh man, everything is totally wrong. I mean, I thought the ending of the manga left some things pretty cruddy, but this... But it makes it quite interesting. It's a good angle. And I liked the manga because it had such messed up things and a lot of conflict. I like how Ryoki tries to take her back; people are just kind of pushed out sometimes for the sake of convenience, but he's still clinging on.
sylphstarwind chapter 5 . 9/26/2008
Asahi is one of the characters that interests me the least in the manga, but I guess she didn't have much of a resolution, either, so there's something to explore here. She's liked Shinogu for a long time when she knew she couldn't express her feelings, so she's in a situation a lot like Shinogu. I'm glad it's not moving too fast or she's not confessing yet, anyway. It's true that he would only react truly warmly if it was Hatsumi.
sylphstarwind chapter 4 . 9/26/2008
You further explain why Hatsumi went to Shinogu and what was going through her mind; really adds well to the scene from the manga, which is mostly what I like in a fanfic.

'Nother typo (sorry, but I like to include anything I come up with in the review): "My feet moved on its own." Should be on "their" own, I think?

Ah well, like I said, it's good that it fits in with the manga and incorporates parts of it, along with other characters and the past. This has some nice depth.
sylphstarwind chapter 3 . 9/26/2008
I was unsure of the part where Shinogu's classmates find out about him being adopted, but whether it's canon or not (could well be and I forgot) it works fine. I also like to mention typos, and I think "whither" would be "wither". But anyway... I like how Shinogu's reaction to Hatsumi is so immediate and positive. It's cute, though with what's going on in the story, maybe not helpful.
sylphstarwind chapter 2 . 9/26/2008
Ah, so sad. It's way to much to ask for Shinogu to hold out for that many years and still hold back when Hatsumi was basically forcing herself on him. But he still blames himself.

Hmm, I'm still trying to figure out the pairing in this one...if there is one, and it's not just tragic :P
sylphstarwind chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Pretty good. I was thinking how it would be bad if they actually went through with it, and this kind of explores that. Yeah, definitely a horrible way to try to forget... Poor Shinogu.
Dianne chapter 5 . 5/9/2008
I love your story.
amoi chapter 7 . 3/9/2008
I really loved your version of the story! I could really connect with the characters' feelings; it was very well written. This was the best Hot Gimmick fanfiction I've read so far. Great job!
MySoulIsAPoem chapter 7 . 2/23/2008
wow. That's very good, I must say. Your grammer is excellent and you really made the characters feelings apparent. I like how you made the story different from the manga, just a little. It's very good. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.
nechoco kitty chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Totally awesome. Best thing I've seen coming out of in a long time.
Kimeko-28 chapter 7 . 11/25/2007
I love Hatsumi and Shinogu! please update soon!
Kanamelover chapter 7 . 9/25/2007
aww that was so sad but really I was just rereading the book that had the chapter where Hatsumi and Shinogu got trapped in the elevator and I really wish she had chosen him
Viii-sama chapter 7 . 9/7/2007
Whoa.
uchiha.s chapter 2 . 8/31/2007
Whoa. Another good chapter. My favorite part was when he said, "Her silence was unbearable. More so than if she had yelled at me, blamed me for what I’d led her to. I would have preferred the latter a thousand times over. Her silence was a soundless accusation, one I felt I’ll never be able to pick myself up and walk away from. An accusation I’ll never be able to make up for."

You write really intuitively. Great job!