Reviews for Heaven On Their Minds
smokiesgirl chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
This is BEAUTIFUL
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
As a fan of the pre-movie G1 series, I never really thought much of Hot Rod or Rodimus Prime. I never did get a chance to see much of the post-movie series. I never saw Optimus Prime resurrected, or the Hate Plague, or any of that. I just saw a hot shot kid get forced into a position that had been held by a wonderful and beloved nobility that no longer existed.

But, reading this, I think I can understand a little of what the post-movie series fans see.

Thank you.
Kittona chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
I really liked it. You could really see Hot Rod's view on the matter and I found myself agreeing with him.
Starscream's Mishap chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
Playing the devil's advocate definately leads to some interesting results. Well-written, and the part about Blue broke my heart. Good job.
HunterBlues chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
Wow. That was deep, hon. Good job. Bluestreak's death was especially good, and I like the way he kept calling Roddi Rodimus; almost a taste of foreshadowing in certain fics, or he knew Rodimus was still lurking just under Hot Rod's exterior. Jazz's death was somehow even more painful, since it happened so quickly... :(
Straya chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
Wow... That was just...WOW. I was never really a Roddy fan, either, although I did find Hot Rod to be a fun character in terms of the movie, but damn. Suddenly, I've got a whole lot more respect for Rodimus Prime. A lot of this fic made sense in terms of analyzing characters...because yeah, how many of us love/loved Optimus because he so rarely made mistakes in the series and was something of a fatherly figure? But how perfect could he really be? Nice to see things cast in a different light from an unexpected perspective. Excellent job. :)
PuraJazzBot chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
hey it wasnt bad at all... i myself prefer Rodimus over Optimus... yeah i have issues with Oppy's style of leadership, and personally i dont think Jazz is the type of blind follower, he's too smart for that, but thats just me.. poor dear Bluestreak... this was a good fic nonetheless. you're getting better with each one )
Uftaki chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
Oh... VERY nice character insight on post-season 3 Hot Rod. For not having been a 'big fan' of him, I'd say you've nailed him *perfectly* here: his thoughts, his feelings, fears and reasoning... and the awkwardness his stint as leader, and the return of old OP would have.

(just gotta wail sadly, here, for a moment, on the bit with Jazz and Bluestreak... ;_;)

I have to commend you with putting OP in not-so-perfect a light. .; Or more specifically, Hot Rod's critical viewpoint of him, and the "hero worship". .; It's unique, it's different, and an interesting, refreshing take on both characters. :3 The bit with Galvatron *isn't* Megatron, and the "old ways" wouldn't work; but, as you said, everyone 'loves and trusts' old OP... Even if OP himself is critical, the other 'bots don't blame him, save for Hot Rod: kudos for putting that *gutsy* move into your fic. :)

For playing "Devil's Advocate"... I'd say you did a great job, here... _ Well done!
MariaShadow chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
That was great! You've really explored a side of the whole 'Optimus returns' thing in a way that people never really approach it from, and I can't wait for that humour fic you've promised.