Reviews for Ivory Tower
Ebenbild chapter 1 . 1/31
Hmmm... and how do they get out and build Hogwarts? They seem as content as Salazar and Godric in the swamp... well, you definitely have described another odd founder with Rowena, but I like your story. Just how do they meet...? xD
Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Ebenbild
Blown up brain chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
If you keep it up with these, my poor brain will be unfixable
littleme36 chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
I really liked this - I love the unusual way you portrayed both of the founders! I only wish there was more of it. :)
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
I know this is an old story, but I'm leaving a review anyway, as it's really awesome. This is a fascinating portrayal of the characters and their interaction was great. The dialogue flows well and it often made me smile.

I really liked the details of the setting, they do a great job of being interesting and whimsical, without feeling anachronistic. In particular, a tower made of a narwhale horn is a really cool idea.

I spotted two typos: “he only problem was that one of the few bands of wizard-Vikings willing to use magic in warfare had beaten her there.” Probably “The only”

“I'm not going to withstand a seige if it means they're out there spoiling my lovely sand!” “siege”

The ending made me laugh.
rowanlyn-mirrim chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
This is lovely!

I have very much enjoyed both this and Swamprat, and hope you folks write more in this verson of the HP world.

TFW
K-
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
...I can not believe how scatterbrained Rowen is. But, wow, she's got to be powerful...

Helga as a war-witch is an awesome idea. I can see her dealing with this Rowen better than most, after getting over the original shock, (which is already happening.) I wonder if she'll end up learning Arithmancy...

Well written. Good read. I wonder how these two end up meeting Godric and Sal...
R. Donald James Gauvreau chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
You two are geniuses. It's proving to be very, very hard not to steal your ideas for a series of HoM classes I'm writing up on the Founders.

Short of "Founding Hogwarts" and "Losing Hogwarts," I must say that you have created the greatest Founder!fics I've ever read.
fire and napalm chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Now I want to know how they all end up meeting and associating and making it all the way to the school. Fascinating concepts you have; I've never seen such different opinions of the characters while still being true to form. I'm pleased I found these. thank you for posting.

F & N
Cottia chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
I quite like this Rowena. She reminds me of people I know.
TangosKittie chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Short, sweet, and original, this ficlet made me smile. Who would have thought of the gentlest founder as a war mage?
SSC chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
More Founder's fic, please? you write them so wonderfully!
Troodon chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
Very original characterizations and the two's conversations made me laugh. Let me see...I can't spot any spelling mistakes or anything...all in all, good job!
The Disappearing Me chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
Good story! Um...is this the end of the story? I hope not!
anonymous chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
xD Funny! Rowena rocks. n.n UPDATE!
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
What an INTERESTING idea of how the founders of Hogwarts started out! I just adore Rowena- she seems so much like a early version of Luna Lovegood, doesn't she? And Helga is a wonder... so kick-ass, so practical, and yet, you can definitely sense the care and tenaciousness beneath her demeanor. I look forward to seeing more of this!