Reviews for Boromir's Journey Home Amon Hen to Minas Tirith
Peersrogue chapter 24 . 4/11/2014
Dear majorbee I do enjoy all the versions of Boromirs' return home and I have read them several times *** BUT *** this one is my all time favourite, the best version ever. Why? no crying babies, no stroppy new age women. This is the version that enchants me, I can see every chapter, paragraph you write - so real and so full of our favourite characters from the books and film.

Thank you - a wonderful world.
VJ Riddle chapter 24 . 1/27/2014
This story is fantastic! Well worth the extensive dross I had to sift through to find it! I love the Boromir focus fics, and this is a beautifully, and not Gary Stu'd one. I really appreciate the REALISTIC INJURY RECOVERY TIME that so many fics brush aside for the sake of action (I have succumbed myself) but you did not and for that I salute you! Great story :)
Guest chapter 24 . 10/2/2013
Captivating story I have read it so many times and it never disappoints. Many thx
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Sheer magic - I return to this story so often. It never disappoints.
Guest chapter 24 . 9/16/2013
This was a BEAUTIFUL STORY! Had Boromir survived I would have wanted it to go like this. This is the best Boromir survive story I've read! Though he was making me nervous with the amount to times he had practically cheated death. lol Lovely story! I just wish I could unread this so I could read it again for the first time. Marvelous!
Hey chapter 7 . 9/3/2013
Hmmmm great story but u made faramir too wishy washy like a rag full of water. Other then that ure story is great!
Hey chapter 2 . 9/3/2013
Wow just wow amazing story!
TMI Fairy chapter 24 . 8/17/2013
Well written.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 24 . 7/9/2013
Interesting idea, I’ll give you that.
There was a slight lack of exploration in how Boromir escaped being wounded as fatally as he was in canon in the beginning, but the subsequent division of the Fellowship as Gimli goes with Boromir while Legolas and Aragorn attempt to rescue the hobbits makes sense, and later events as the Fellowship cope with this new division certainly worked (Although you should rearrange the story so that Chapter Five is in its proper place).
Still, things went well once Boromir returned to Minas Tirith, with such factors as Denethor’s continued fixation on the Ring and Boromir’s injured state adding additional dangers to the canonically-established threats that they were facing; the confrontation with the Witch-King was particularly effective, giving Boromir a unique chance to show what he’s capable of without undermining what Eowyn or others would achieve later.
The part where Aragorn reflected on Boromir’s role in helping him recognise his responsibilities as king was simple but effective, and while the part with Boromir on the astral plane felt a bit excessive at first, it fit what we’ve seen of Sauron’s powers well enough (Albeit an ability we never really saw him utilise because he had no reason to use it or only ever used in secret).
Still, things really came together in the final chapter; Boromir’s attempts at counter-espionage in Gondor were an original twist that effectively utilised Sauron’s key weakness of assuming everyone’s like him, and the confrontation with the spy mostly worked despite my uncertainty about HOW Boromir got out of that fight (Sometimes it’s better to focus on humanity than magic, so long as humanity isn’t given an excessive amount of credit), culminating in a moving moment as the Fellowship reunite in a manner that was never possible in the series.
All in all, ambiguous about a few areas- and you should DEFINITELY put Chapter Five in its right place and include a scene with Gimli seeing Frodo and Sam as well-, but the central concept is generally well-handled with some interesting moments thrown in as the plot unfolds.
Undomiel5 chapter 5 . 6/26/2013
Very good. The reunion between them was touching and very well written.
caligo-lux chapter 24 . 1/29/2013
oooh dear..the end was ...the WHOLE story was fabolous...
i have seldom read something tho extraordinary well written and thought through..
your characters and story developement were perfect, the stile of writing made me believe i was actually reading the original story and not to forget the nice touch that broromir survives and its written so believable ...

i can honestly say that i love your story 3
Meihdiday chapter 25 . 12/29/2012
About your offline stories, It's so sad because you're one of the greatest LOTR writers here, your fics are simply amazing and you write about Boromir and Faramir (my fav), that's great. I am going to miss your stories :-(

But good luck with your writer career.
Mikkalea Luna chapter 6 . 6/26/2011

I am just rereading your stories and I noticed something. I think in this chapter (chapter 6) a small part is missing:

("Aye, I believe so. Aragorn is the finest tracker I have ever seen, and he has Legolas with him. Both have great knowledge of the lands the Uruks must cross to return to Isengard. Aragorn says he knows a shorter way that would intersect their route. If any can return Merry and Pippin, it will be Aragorn and our good Elf friend."

"Then, this too is true!" Faramir said, in an awed whisper, and recited:

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken; ...)

To me it doesn't make sense, why Faramir suddenly is awed and jumps to the conclusion about Aragorn and this little poem.

Apart from that I am still loving this story and I'll be probably very tired tomorow morning, because I was reading till after midnight! :-)))

Lady Artemist chapter 25 . 6/23/2011
I loved this story. Your writing flowed very well and was appropriate for the content with formalities and all. Your characterization was great and I could see actual emotions in your characters. I loved the overall concept of it all. Thank you for writing this!
Mikkalea Luna chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
This is an truly amazing story!

I read it some time ago and it became a favourite of mine! For several reasons.

1. Boromir is one of my favourite characters in LotR and I have always wondered how it would affect the story if he had survived!

2. I enjoyed how you portrait the friendship between Boromir and Aragorn

3. You managed to write in a way that made me forget that this wasn't the original books! :-)

Definitly one of the best Boromir-lives-stories!
371 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »