Reviews for Boromir's Journey Home Amon Hen to Minas Tirith
Susan W chapter 25 . 2/19/2009
Hey! It sounds like congratulations may be close to hand as your dream of becoming a published author gets closer. Just let us know!

Well, you'll certainly be missed here on FF net, although it may not look like it with the lack of reviews. I think more of the usual LOTR fanfic authors and fans are not coming to this site as often due to so much dreck out there for LOTR. I swear that Middle Earth is swarming with girls from our times somehow falling into ME and aiding the Fellowship. Hmm! Think Legolas might have something to do with that phenomena? At least they're leaving Boromir and Faramir alone. ;)

That is another problem. There are no good fics for the brothers 'Mir out there right now. It seems that all of my favorite fanfic authors are not writing these days. aauugghh!

There are too many people falling into ME tales, too many drabbles (doesn't anyone know how to write a multi-chaptered tale anymore?), and even more tales about Legolas and Aragorn (some of those are good, I just want to see Faramir especially if the tale is post-WOR, but he still gets ignored). sigh! Okay! I'm ranting and whining. This should be about the chapter and the new tale you are trying to get published.

The usual good characterizations and attention to details. All of that has to be harder to write when it's your own original tale to tell instead of having something to go on that's already out there. That takes an imagination! Are you out there daydreaming as you dig post holes for your fence or while you're mucking out the stables? ;) :)

Here is good luck to you in your endeavor to get "Sunweaver" published. And if you have any new LOTR tales in your head, I would love to see them. :) :) Cheers!
peersrogue chapter 24 . 1/10/2009
A veritable tour de force. I have so enjoyed this wonderful story - you have made the characters so positive, each one very special and they all contribute to the downfall of Sauron. Intrigued by the little hint at the end that there could be more adventures to follow.[pretty please] I prefer the whole fascintating fanfic AU where Borminir survives. Also appreciated the fact this story is about companionship - no boring romance to quickly scroll though. Brilliant,

Many thx.
Oh So Cliche chapter 24 . 11/30/2008
Lovely. I adored every minute of it.
Oh So Cliche chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
They've been showing these movies on TV over the past few days and I've been sobbing my eyes out at Boromir's death every single time - this is precisely what I needed and I cannot wait to keep reading. Your writing flows very well; there is a hint of Tolkein in your tone, but not too much as to seem like it's imitating - very well done. I'm incredibly excited to read the rest.
Susan W chapter 24 . 11/20/2008
Most Excellent ending. However, it's sad to see you leaving FF net. :( Although, that bit at the end.. "The End

- but only for now G -"

Does give one hope that you will not stop writing in the world of LOTR. :) :)

Aww! I love this part, it's my most favorite scene in all of this tale; "“Indeed it is,” Gandalf said. “And now I propose that we add a tenth member.”

“Faramir?” Pippin’s eyes were round with delight.

“I would like that,” Frodo said with a smile. “After all, he saved Boromir’s life. “ He lifted a sincere gaze to meet Boromir’s eyes. “And without Boromir the nine of us would be reduced to eight and our happiness in victory would be marked by grief and loss.”

“Here! Here! Well said!” Gandalf clapped his hands together. “To Faramir and the Fellowship!”

“The Fellowship of ten!” Aragorn announced and turned to the brothers.

Tears of pride stood in Faramir’s eyes, and Boromir was equally overcome.

Faramir looked long into his brother’s eyes, reading the joy there. He smiled and turned to regard each of his new family in turn. “You do me great honour and I accept with pleasure!”"

YAY! :) :)

So there ends a wonderful story. I will always love the way you write the brothers 'Mir, the OC Garad, and the Fellowship memmbers!

I hope your writing Muse bugs you constantly while you work on your farm. ;)

A huge THANKS for writing!
Alasse Greyhame chapter 24 . 11/19/2008
Great ending! I loved every minute. Thanks ever so much. Excellent job.
Alasse Greyhame chapter 23 . 11/19/2008
Oh I liked this moment between Boromir and Sam. Thanks for sharing. I've loved this story since I first started reading and can't wait to read more. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 5 . 10/30/2008
And how will Denethor react to seeing Boromir alive? And Pippin... will he go after Boromir with a back-breaking hug in mind?

Celebwen Telcontar chapter 2 . 10/29/2008
Wonderful story, I must say! Very good!
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
He's alive! And Aragorn hunting boat... Elven boat at that... That's surely a sight to see! And Aragorn still winds up with Boromir's vambraces. That's interesting, but the symbolism of the returning King wearing the symbol of the nation on his arms is a wonderful one, and one that I'm sure Jackson thought up, or maybe one of the actors or other people with the movie.

Very wonderful begining!

Alasse Greyhame chapter 21 . 10/22/2008
Oh I loved this. Very well done. I can't wait to read the next chapter or chapters. Thank you very very much for sharing. Excellent work!
Protector of Canon2 chapter 21 . 10/22/2008
Once again, I would have Faramir say "Seek forth the sword that was broken," not "Renewed shall be blade that was broken." The nice thing about posting online is that you can always make corrections. ;)

And pretending Aragorn used the ring... That's a facinating idea, although I feel like Sauron would know if it was used.
Derra chapter 20 . 10/17/2008
Good fic, though it really ends here?, because this doesn't seem like the end.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 6 . 10/7/2008
The poem that you have Faramir quoting isn't actually a prophesy: It's just a little poem that Bilbo made up. There is little to no chance that it would ever reach Faramir.

What Faramir would know that would serve the same purpose is the poem from the dream that he and Boromir both had; the one that sent Boromir to the council:

Seek for the sword that was broken,

In Imladris it dwells.

There shall be counsel taken,

Stronger than Morgul spelld

There shall be shown a token

That Doom is near at hand.

For Isildur's Bane shall awaken,

And the Halfling forth shall stand.

The first two lines refer to Aragorn (or his sword at least.)

(I may not have this perfect. If you want to quote it, check your copy of FOTR)

Other than that, I just wanted to say what an amazing story this is. I can't wait for more.
Susan W chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Hiya! Let me try and make a start of reviewing as the reviews for the repost are pitifully low. tsk! People are missing out on a great story! Or they are reading and just too shy to leave a review. I know I started out as a lurker and there are plenty of tales that didn't get my review at first. Once I got started reviewing, though, it was easy as pie. :) :)

I'll try not to just reprint my old reviews for this into any new ones I'll leave. Apologies for being quiet for so long, but, RL does become quite demanding some times. Oh! And I just want to say here that I absolutely LOVED "Dithen". The full story, not just the little excerpt posted on "Rapid Peril" the repost. I'll try and send you an email asap.

Of course, I love your Boromir tales, especially since he lives in your versions. :) :) "Boromir's Journey.." is one of my faves! sigh! Of course I can hardly wait for Faramir to make his appearance. ;) :)

There is some great character interactions throughout this tale. Gimli always makes me laugh and he'll certainly see that Boromir makes it home! :) :) Yay!

I'll reveiw another chapter asap! Looking forward to re-reading this tale and "Rapid Peril" fully!
375 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »