Reviews for But That Was In Another Country
em-witchwood chapter 6 . 7/8/2008
I didn't like this, at first. I read a few paragraphs and wrinkled my nose and had a moment of, "Oh, God. Not again." And then I re-read them and kept reading and decided it was brilliant. Though, had this been told from the POV of anyone but Yuffie, I'd have stuck with my first impression.

I love how you managed to keep up Yuffie's sarcastic, obnoxious, wonderful teenage retard voice and still convey the absolute hopelessness of their situation. It's been a while since I dipped into this particular fandom, but all your characterizations seemed spot on.

Basically, this was damn good, and I think I have to go on and read everything else you've wrote, now.
Furry wombat chapter 6 . 7/7/2008
I love crazy Cloud, normally I can't stand cloud in fanfics but you do such a good job of portraying him as this unlikable character whose totally nuts but still liked anyway. I can't think of any other fanfiction author that would be able to pull that off.
JeanneAndHerAlters chapter 6 . 7/6/2008
I actually put off reading a lot of this chapter because I was to nervous to actually keep reading. Its like I want to know but I don't want to know but I do! I should stop rambling though I have a terrible habit of rambling. Very nice job though!
Erity chapter 6 . 7/6/2008
This was a lovely thing to come home to after a vacation. It hadn't been updated in at least forever, but good things are worth the wait, and this is certainly a good thing!

This was beautiful as always. It's hard to find a story that can make me smile, but also give me that painful pulling sensation pretty much at the same time. THIS DOES IT. Wowness, cuz that doesn't happen often.

My favorite part had to be the whole hair-cutting thing, just because of all the symbolism. It was just great, and oh my god you cut Tifa's hair off. Wowza. Marlene is so cute. Dinosaur, hee.

I can't wait for the next chapter!
Smart Alex chapter 6 . 7/2/2008
oh, my gosh. Can I mention how much I love this fic? because I love it a lot. I don't know why I don't have it on my favourites or alert list yet. I've been reading it since I saw it on ficwad, and then I've checked it on other people's favourites, but it just hasn't made it to mine.

I love Yuffie's narrative. I love the dark humor that's covering this entirely awful tragic story, wherein Barret and Marlene probably don't make it and Reeve probably ends up dying some awful death while high and possibly thinking of Yuffie. There are so many details in this, from Marlene calling herself Dinosaur to Cloud's creepy Mako eyes and then the Heartless in the water that just make it all -so good-. Yuffie's phone call to Vincent, though, made me sit here and go AW at my screen, as in Aw, MAN, :(.

I can't wait to see what you do with this, and even though it's so oddly out of canon it somehow seems like it'll all work. Here's hoping for another awesome chapter to come soon!
Kotori99 chapter 6 . 7/2/2008
(sorry if there's mistakes but I don't usually speak english)

You are the AWESOMNESS. I read this story some months ago and I was like: that's the best fic I ever seen and I wish that was canon from Kingdom Hearts, too bad it seems as dead as a roadkill and I suck for never writing a review, but now I do because I'm so happy to see a new chapter!

I just read again the whole story and it was still funny and depressing like the first time: there's too much things I like in it to say (first prize to the romance novel and Crazy Cloud). I'm saying exactly the same that others comments but I've laughed so much and cried like two times (the part with missing Aerith then saying she stopped loving her totally brocke my heart T_T).

I like stories that are not limited to describe some actions but go deep into thoughts and feelings of their characters. And all the time I thought that your Yuffie was kinda like me so I felt like I've been mind-intruded or something but I loved it XD That's also great how you develope every characters's reaction to the crisis and relationships between them (especially Tifa and Barret)...

That new chapter was perfect too. The part when they cut their hair was touching and Dinosaur Wallace is so cute and I want my own Reeve-on-drug to bring me joy and happiness when I'll be depressed. Do you know how many chapters there will be? I can't wait to see what happens but I don't want it to end at the same time because I know they're not all going to make it to Traverse Town and I will be sad and cry for a million years and maybe throw myself from a building, I'm not sure yet.

Keep on the too-good-for-word work! )
T. Costa chapter 6 . 7/2/2008
Ah, I am so glad you updated. Your skills humble me, seriously.
KiaSapphire chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
:D Good so far.
piston heart chapter 6 . 7/1/2008
-showerswithhelpfulabuse- Like... I read this story back when I didn't have an account on FFnet, and I thought it was abandoned and dead but it was still good, and then you update. So I'm happy, because this fic makes me laugh one second because Yuffie is awesome, and then the fic makes me cry because everyone is dying and I secretly fear for Vincent. Well, fear for everyone. Because they're all just kind of stuck in a metamorphical pit of quicksand, and it hurts a lot. It could have been just the fact that I have a sore in my ear from wearing headphones too much, or that my tooth was aching really badly when I read this, or the lack of sleep, but I stayed up till past four in the morning to catch up because it was so /good./ This is just a gem.

Anyway, usually I would nitpick for mistakes, but there are practically none that I can see. So, update soon!
Starr Bryte chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
Oh my gawd, I thought this fic was DEAD! ALIVE at last! Happyhappyhappy! ... ahem... I love this fanfic and I despretly want to know what happens next! I know how life can get in the way... Good luck!

Stay safe

Stay healthy

Sincerely,

Starr
cirruscastle chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
As usual that was a stellar piece of story-telling. I continue to love Yuffie's voice. Her irreverence about everything in existence helps to offset the sheer despair of your characters' positions.

I love Reeve's army of Cait Siths.

The scene where the girls cut their hair was very touching.

The shining wire - that was a brilliant touch.

The giant sea heartless battling Emerald Weapon was epic. I seriously have no words for how deeply meaningful that was in a sad and horrible kind of way.

Just when I think there isn't another way left for you to break the reader's heart over the defeat of the planet, you do it again and just when I think there's no reason for them to keep going, no more hope left, you dangle another carrot in front of that brave crew.

I could nitpick about grammar and little things, but I haven't got the heart. I'm too busy waiting patiently for the next chapter.
lunarkweh chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
I I I just oh my God no words are coming.

There is every so often a gem, -real- treasure buried in the pit of sludge that is most of the internet, and I think I've found one.

Here is the part where I would be a grammar bitch and pick at your mistakes, but I can't find any.

Thank you for writing this.

~LK
foxygirlchan chapter 6 . 6/29/2008
Oh god, this was an amazing chapter! Thank you!

Gosh, don't worry about us at fanfiction. Sure, we're filled with suspence, but we've got imagination. Besides, life is much more important than a story. You can only have so many stories up at one time, life being one of them.

Amazig job! I can never stop reading and re-reading this story. It's amazing, and wonderful, and really does just incorperate FF7. Its FF7 full through, and it's not AC or CC or KH or anything, it's AVALANCHE and the Turks and you write them so RIGHT.

I really enjoyed Reeve. He's magnificent, especially when he's high. I mean, I love how he can still have morals even though he's drugged and half-asleep and lost faith. It's so crazy and amazing! And damn, I love how he has a bajillion Cait Sith's.

I really hope that next chapter will have something on the other characters, because I really want to know what happened to them. But we can't always get what we want. Oh well.

Great job! Much love! Loved Marleneosaur, and Gordo and loved this to hell to heaven and back!

Keep on doing what you do best!

Adios!
Myshu chapter 6 . 6/29/2008
See, it's really vexing to try to express my thoughts and feelings over this chapter when a crowd of people has already flooded this box with "x and y and even z was excellent, I cried and laughed and cried while laughing, you rock." Now I can't even say this was awesome without sounding as generic as a hallmark card, because it's been said and will continue to be said for a long time-maybe that speaks enough.

Meta-logic aside, I still can't decide who my favorite character is. Just when I'm about to consider one for the axe, s/he/it does something heartfelt or hilarious or just plain badass to win me back over. Though, for the top three: Reeve "Pass the Bong" Tuesti, Yuffie "Jailbait" Kisaragi and Cloud "Asshole" Strife (count on me to have my favorite line being Barret saying so. That golden wire shite was ASTOUNDINGLY stupid in the game; I'm surprised so many don't remember it. Maybe they blocked it out-and ironically Cloud didn't.)

Basically any conversation involving Yuffie and sex was hilariwin.

Glad to see this good thing hasn't come to an end yet.
VulcanElf chapter 6 . 6/29/2008
This story being updated after such a depressingly long hiatus is maybe the most exciting thing that has ever happened at this site.

Seriously.

Loved the line about thanking Reeve for his contribution of the chocobo lure.

Great to see you back in action.
411 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »