Reviews for But That Was In Another Country
KiaSapphire chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
:D Good so far.
piston heart chapter 6 . 7/1/2008
-showerswithhelpfulabuse- Like... I read this story back when I didn't have an account on FFnet, and I thought it was abandoned and dead but it was still good, and then you update. So I'm happy, because this fic makes me laugh one second because Yuffie is awesome, and then the fic makes me cry because everyone is dying and I secretly fear for Vincent. Well, fear for everyone. Because they're all just kind of stuck in a metamorphical pit of quicksand, and it hurts a lot. It could have been just the fact that I have a sore in my ear from wearing headphones too much, or that my tooth was aching really badly when I read this, or the lack of sleep, but I stayed up till past four in the morning to catch up because it was so /good./ This is just a gem.

Anyway, usually I would nitpick for mistakes, but there are practically none that I can see. So, update soon!
Starr Bryte chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
Oh my gawd, I thought this fic was DEAD! ALIVE at last! Happyhappyhappy! ... ahem... I love this fanfic and I despretly want to know what happens next! I know how life can get in the way... Good luck!

Stay safe

Stay healthy

Sincerely,

Starr
cirruscastle chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
As usual that was a stellar piece of story-telling. I continue to love Yuffie's voice. Her irreverence about everything in existence helps to offset the sheer despair of your characters' positions.

I love Reeve's army of Cait Siths.

The scene where the girls cut their hair was very touching.

The shining wire - that was a brilliant touch.

The giant sea heartless battling Emerald Weapon was epic. I seriously have no words for how deeply meaningful that was in a sad and horrible kind of way.

Just when I think there isn't another way left for you to break the reader's heart over the defeat of the planet, you do it again and just when I think there's no reason for them to keep going, no more hope left, you dangle another carrot in front of that brave crew.

I could nitpick about grammar and little things, but I haven't got the heart. I'm too busy waiting patiently for the next chapter.
lunarkweh chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
I I I just oh my God no words are coming.

There is every so often a gem, -real- treasure buried in the pit of sludge that is most of the internet, and I think I've found one.

Here is the part where I would be a grammar bitch and pick at your mistakes, but I can't find any.

Thank you for writing this.

~LK
foxygirlchan chapter 6 . 6/29/2008
Oh god, this was an amazing chapter! Thank you!

Gosh, don't worry about us at fanfiction. Sure, we're filled with suspence, but we've got imagination. Besides, life is much more important than a story. You can only have so many stories up at one time, life being one of them.

Amazig job! I can never stop reading and re-reading this story. It's amazing, and wonderful, and really does just incorperate FF7. Its FF7 full through, and it's not AC or CC or KH or anything, it's AVALANCHE and the Turks and you write them so RIGHT.

I really enjoyed Reeve. He's magnificent, especially when he's high. I mean, I love how he can still have morals even though he's drugged and half-asleep and lost faith. It's so crazy and amazing! And damn, I love how he has a bajillion Cait Sith's.

I really hope that next chapter will have something on the other characters, because I really want to know what happened to them. But we can't always get what we want. Oh well.

Great job! Much love! Loved Marleneosaur, and Gordo and loved this to hell to heaven and back!

Keep on doing what you do best!

Adios!
Myshu chapter 6 . 6/29/2008
See, it's really vexing to try to express my thoughts and feelings over this chapter when a crowd of people has already flooded this box with "x and y and even z was excellent, I cried and laughed and cried while laughing, you rock." Now I can't even say this was awesome without sounding as generic as a hallmark card, because it's been said and will continue to be said for a long time-maybe that speaks enough.

Meta-logic aside, I still can't decide who my favorite character is. Just when I'm about to consider one for the axe, s/he/it does something heartfelt or hilarious or just plain badass to win me back over. Though, for the top three: Reeve "Pass the Bong" Tuesti, Yuffie "Jailbait" Kisaragi and Cloud "Asshole" Strife (count on me to have my favorite line being Barret saying so. That golden wire shite was ASTOUNDINGLY stupid in the game; I'm surprised so many don't remember it. Maybe they blocked it out-and ironically Cloud didn't.)

Basically any conversation involving Yuffie and sex was hilariwin.

Glad to see this good thing hasn't come to an end yet.
VulcanElf chapter 6 . 6/29/2008
This story being updated after such a depressingly long hiatus is maybe the most exciting thing that has ever happened at this site.

Seriously.

Loved the line about thanking Reeve for his contribution of the chocobo lure.

Great to see you back in action.
Iseki chapter 6 . 6/29/2008
we missed you.

I want to cry a million times over for their hardships! every time I read you it becomes the goddamned truth, and next time I fire up kigdom hearts I will smack Cloud extra hard.

Reeve, bloody Reeve, I love him. Loco-weed-high-as-a-kite-reeve is my new secret man crush.

If I manage to connect a pencil to paper without sobbing over my first sketch I will draw you multitudes of fanart.
riversrunthroughme chapter 6 . 6/29/2008
Before I say anything, I must first calm my raging fangirl impulse to squee until I passout. Primarily I'd like to point out that 'OMG U UPDATED! SQUEE!' and say that you've officialy made my month, my next month, and the one following that. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Okay, time for reviewing. Woo!

The first day unrolled perfectly. I fell bck into the story like there hadn't been a huge gap since the last update. Like I'd just read it yesterday and you're plunged into the absurd horror of their situation. The world is dead, they are not, the darkness is taking over. It's fabulous. (Also, 'His Royal Batshit' ROFL)

One of my favorite things about your story is that, despite all teh detail and the great description, the plot is pretty damn straight forward: world is ending, nothing they can do about it, boo-hoo, let's watch the Planet go to hell, shall we? It's hard to get confused...well, it is if you red this fic word for word like I do anyway.

And you should be told every hour of every day that you write Yuffie brilliantly. No, actually, you just write brilliantly. I love reading every line just because of how cleverly its all written and that's not something I find very often even among published authors. So yay! You rock, just in case no one told you.

A great strength of this story is quite simply the amazing voice that is so quinessentially and totally Yuffie, who is the weirdest and most awesome narrator to a horrific catastrophe that you can have. She makes the end of the world, mass death, terror, and people dying in freezers hilarious and awful and amazing.

( Seriously, so many people do 'FF7 char before Kingdom Hearts' fics, but they suck. Hard. This one is pure awesome. )

Major highlight: Reeve on loco weed. I agree with Yuffie, so glad to be present for the bit on Elena. Also, how he occassionally talks like Cait Sith and says this little gem right her: "Reno, he carried off 'boy hooker' with style. You just kind of suck." Ahh...so happy.

(Oh! And the whole golden shiny wire bit - you MUST explain the inside joke or I shall scream becuse I laughed so hard my sister kept staring at me funny.)

Ending was amazing. The battle between the Emerald WEAPON and the massive water Heartless (and Tifa punching Cloud in the face). You get to feeling that - yeah - the Planet's going to end, crack open like an egg, surrender its heart and send everything and everyone left spinning into the dark. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Not a fangirl, but I'm fangirling nontheless. Lovely to hear from you. Hope to hear again soon.

-Syco
Guile chapter 6 . 6/28/2008
Wow, was this a pleasant surprise. It's been awhile.

Yuffie's POV is hilarious as always, and Bugfuck-Insane!Cloud is surprisingly enjoyable.

Good stuff.
Shoegazer chapter 6 . 6/28/2008
Oh, hey, there you are.

I haven't followed this fic very closely, and to be honest I'd forgotten about it after all this time, but since you're updating it again, I will mention that I like your creepy Cloud at the end of this chapter.

And you have probably managed the only Yuffie-centric fanfic I have ever or will be ever interested in reading and following.

I'll try to catch up/refresh myself on this before you get the next bit up.

-Mz
Novocain chapter 6 . 6/28/2008
*hands over chocolate chip cookie absent-mindedly* You know, if I didn't already have a wife and a fiancee, I would totally ask you to marry me. In fact, let's not let that get in the way. Polygamy is awesome. Will you marry me? I just - you write Yuffie's voice so incredibly well. This story is painful with a side of amusement, and I love it and I love you. You have no idea how ecstatic I was to see this in my inbox, and now you're promising July. July? Really? This is fantastically brilliant, truly.

By the way, I love what you've done with Reeve. The stoned things he says are in perfect keeping with the style of this story: painful and amusing.
apostrophus chapter 6 . 6/28/2008
FDSKFjdKLJFDJSHFSDJK AMAZING. That story... wuh. Seriously amazing. It's incredibly depressing, but at the same time so full of wit and hilarity, that I can't stop laughing. Your Yuffie makes my life. And I kinda want to marry Barrett now. brb going to elope

~Amunet 8D
thielih chapter 6 . 6/28/2008
Reading this makes me love Reeve (and everyone else) so badly.

Hope life isn't being too harsh. I wait with bated breath for the next chapter!
404 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »