Reviews for But That Was In Another Country
Take.a.walk.on.the.wildside chapter 6 . 8/4/2012
Duuuuude! You can't stop now! You created an addicting story! Please don't give up on this :)
di chapter 6 . 6/16/2012
oh jesus chirst, this is an amazing story. i love, love, LOVE yuffie's point of view, she's hilarious even as she's being terrified and throwing up everywhere and the world is ending and cloud is being mostly useless and not inspiring or leaderlike at all, confounding the problem. tifa and dinosaur wallace, barrett and stoned reeve, I love everything about this story, oh my GOD.
Ice-Eagle Y'siri chapter 6 . 5/8/2012
Just wondering-when will the next chapter be up? It's one of my favorite stories; I've been keeping an eye on it for the past few years and you haven't updated...please do it soon! I admire your writing and the plot of this. Yuffie's one of my favorite characters and I like her perspective in everything. :)
basically chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
First and foremost, it has been a fun ride so thank you very much for that.

I like the way you portray those characters. They are much more fleshed out than they are in the game while still maintaining their individual quirks (and sometimes lovingly emphasized/given a new spin upon). For example, I like that Tifa, the mother hen/chick, has thought of strangling Cloud with a pillow and robot-lovin' senile and half-dead Reeve is actually the most idealistic of the group.

I mean this entire story is based on a pretty simple and often wrote about premise of impending apocalypse where our "heroes" are constantly moving from one location to another. But your dialogues and characterizations are so well-written that I don't really give much thought to the lack of "action" or when-the-characters-shut-up-and-actually-do-something-to-move-the-plot-forward. I'm sure I've laughed at all the places where you've intended us to laugh.

Which is, btw, pretty fucking weird (but mostly amazing) considering the situations Yuffie usually finds herself in.
somepersonxP chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
I just have to say that this is one of the most amazing stories I've ever read. Other KH stories don't even come close. I think this is the second time I've read through it, and it still managed to keep me hooked throughout. I'm sad to see that it's not updated anymore, but the excellent writing was more satisfying than most completed stories. Thank you for sharing!
LittleMissMyrnin chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
Fuck man...

That has got to be one of the best ff and kh crossover fics...ever. I can't really say any more. Just...whoa.

Please continue this story. It's just...too epic to stop.
kuchinashi chapter 6 . 11/19/2011
This story is wildly depressing and deeply hilarious. It's so well written it hurts me. I'm sorry you're not writing it anymore, but I am very grateful you shared this so far.
Vamoosey chapter 6 . 10/24/2011
Please,please,please update this story!

I've never read anything that can make me laugh out loud one second then feel like crying the next like this story can. You are such a talented writer please don't let this fic die T-T
BruHaeven chapter 6 . 8/29/2011
This is... the most heartbreaking, gritty, realistic "how-it-happened" KH fic I've ever read. And Also one of the most heartbreaking, gritty, realistic pieces of writing I've ever read, period.

Literally for the entirety of the six chapters, I simultaneously laugh and cry and go "Oh God, no, no, no."

It's beautiful. It's morbidly hilarious. It. Is. Heart-wrenching. And utterly perfect in every possible way.

I will forever be hoping and wishing that someday this story will be updated and (in a perfect world) finished but, until then, I will continue to reread it and have my heart ripped out (ah, puns) over and over and over again. And I mean the heart-ripping-out part in the best of ways.

This is the type of writing that this site could use a whole hell of a lot more of, and it's this sort of needle-in-a-haystack GEM of a story that keeps me hanging around here.
VulcanElf chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
This story has made me laugh and cry like no other. Please, please, please, please, please finish it. Please. We need this.
linds0001 chapter 6 . 8/21/2011
This was recommended in a note from an author in another story and I figured I'd read it even though it seems to be discontinued. This is really something else, the angst is intense! Yuffie's voice is awesome as the narrator and I'm kind of with Tifa for punching crazy Cloud, even if he has been right the whole time. I would love to see the end of this, but you'll have to forgive me if I don't hold my breath! I will however still favorite it, just in case. It would be awesome to see the end, your last AN said there wasn't much left so here's hoping for someday! Damn the angst in this! I feel so depressed now!
dadeedoo chapter 6 . 8/19/2011
Honey, I will SEND you cookies. Anything for you to get this story on track and moving again (I won't say "raise from the dead" because that implies this story is dead, and dammit, it's not dead 'till noone believes in it). I love how you've taken Yuffie as a narrator, but what's really impressive is how you've infused her voice into the storytelling. Honestly, this fic is what got me into the whole Final Fantasy thing.

So, in your Author's Note you said you'd update in July, right?

You're breaking my heart. Please, rethink your schedule and try fitting this in somewhere - all if your reviewers would appreciate it well.

If you decide to continue this, I'd love to talk with you later. Until then, I'll wait.
w- easy enough chapter 6 . 7/28/2011
I'm really glad this is Yuffie's POV. It would have been even more depressing if it wasn't. Yuffie is awesome. Gosh, I can't wait till they finally escape. And I can't wait till Cloud gets... more hope- or just stops bein depressing. He can be knowing- that's cool. Just ... I want my heroic cloudd back! *cries*
Lindsey chapter 6 . 6/25/2011
Hey!

I don't know if you're ever planning on coming back to this, but I thought it was silly of me to not to let you know just how much I adore this story. Even if it doesn't get finished I will always count it high on my list of favorite things ever read. So thank you for the story, Guardian1.
Timothy Jones chapter 6 . 6/5/2011
This story is bad and you should feel bad
402 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »