Reviews for But That Was In Another Country
Nefertieh chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
:O -gapes-

You're a NEW ZEALANDER. I didn't know that. o_O; I'm gonna follow mum into AUT sometime and hunt for you. :D

Oh, ever considered writing a Reffie? I see the potiential you have, oh mighty one! w
RefugeOfSouls chapter 2 . 7/2/2005
(waggles finger) You should always listen to crazy people...oh wait, that's not right...huh...(shrug) Guess there's nothin that I really can't say about that, cept that Cloud seems absolutely NUTZ!
Rose Flame chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
Proof: Vincent Valentine would stop wallowing for her potato salad. XD I love it. Your characterisation is, as always, bang on. The best thing about your writing (or my favourite thing at least) is the fact that you add in all the little things, the asides. That's what makes your Yuffie... right, somehow. Because I get the impression she'd notice all those little things. Attention span of a gnat, or just plain attentive, who knows?

I need to find the time to finish the game, but until then, this is an awesome fic. Much love.
balfonheim chapter 2 . 7/1/2005
Wow. Another great chapter. And I know this chapter was supposed to be serious and all, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud and most of it. Seriously. Guffaws and everything. The Turks part was hilarious... I know this isn't supposed to be humor, but it's part of the reason why I love your stuff. You MAKE it hilarious and very enjoyable to read. Even though bad things are happening...

Anyway, update soon!
balfonheim chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
Wow. First of all, I have to offer up a happy dance because I LOVE your writing as Yuffie and it makes me so HAPPY to read your Yuffie stuff because you write her so well! So... *happy dance*

Alright, now... this was GREAT! I knew that what Cloud was seeing was Heartless - who wouldn't? - but the way you carried it out... it was so suspenseful! And very well-written, with great details that made me feel like I was actually in Yuffie's mind as all this happened.

So I'm off to read the next chapter!
Amy Lynn chapter 2 . 6/30/2005
I just have to say, I read the first chapter and loved it, and I've been waiting for the new chapter for more than a month. I was getting worried that I had blown it up in my mind, started thinking it was better than it was, and that the second chapter might disappoint me.

I was so thoroughly wrong. The second chapter was even better than the first. I'm completely blown away by this story. Keep it coming. I adore it.
prositen chapter 2 . 6/30/2005
Good gods I love you so much. Times like these I wish I could write reviews that weren't just half-assed gushing like this, but that just ain't gonna happen even though you deserve'em.

I love your characterisations. All of them. I love the Turks' bickering, and you write Yuffie so darn well. And I'm thinking that spending my vacation just reading your fics again wouldn't be a waste of time at all.
Penultima chapter 2 . 6/28/2005

*wide-eyed, i-can't-believe-what-i-just-read-cuz-it-sounds-too-original-to-be-fanfiction look*

Really, someone HAS to start paying attention and BELIEVING Cloud otherwise *I* will blow up the WHOLE PLANET and save Cloud for myself so he doesn't have to join Hades and get squished by Cerberus' ugly foot.

So there.

Demeter1 chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
This is unbelievably creepy. I can't believe how *creepy* this is. I've played the ganme, mowed through tons of heartless and yet, I'm feeling like I'm seeing it for the first time and from Yuffie's POV. I'm feeling the tightly controlled utter terror and the fact that it's happening *so* fast. And at the same time, Yuffie's still cracking her jokes and Reno and Rude are still acting 'Turkish'. And having them in the story... GAH. They're all there and I'm actually going to start crying. Damn, you're good. I love how when Yuffie was kissing Rude's head, you added such a small and short sentence, "I was trying desperately not to think of my father." and that conveyed almost everything.

That said, this does not bode well for the rest of the story. Also... this is really depressing because since you're following the KH timeline, I *know* everyone in that group (from the end of this chapter) except Yuffie and Cloud are going to disappear (I'm such a pansy. They're going to *die*). And that just about breaks my heart. I *know* Cid's still alive, but he's going to end up with Shera and that Vincent's going to enter the picture but he's going to end up gone too.

This is quickly turning into my favourite fic of all you've written. (Well, except for Sunshine in Winter; that'll always have a special spot )

Turks? Awesome. Vincent? Even better. )
Merganser chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
Listening to Yuffie narrate is like watching atoms dance.

(very random and very very fast)

And that is how it should be.

So happy that Reno and Rude showed up- and I enjoy your characterizations of them- totally cool, in-control, badass even when they're scared stupid.

Now all we need are Obscene Cid and Vincent! Hooray! I can't wait to hear what Vincent has to say about the whole world-being-swallowed-by-darkness thing. I'm guessing it's totally his bag.
Crimson Rose327 chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
YAY! U updated! I love ur writing style! And u just portray all the characters personality's SO WELL! Reading this is just so entertaining and addicting...I can't wait for your next update!
Cerebral Seductress chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
Vincent's not answering his PHS, which would worry me except that I know how this story ends. What's up with Tifa giving away all the good stuff? Museums, the Turks, random hobo in the street- there is such a thing as TOO soft-hearted, I think. Knights of the Round could have really come in handy here.

Yuffie's narration is wonderfully random, as always. Instead of drawing away from the bleak perspective of the story, I think her wacky monologues serve to make it darker.

Thanks for the update, and I'll be looking forward to the next one.
Nefertieh chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
Yay~! You updated! -huggeh-

Are there any pairings in this fic? I personaaly think Reno-Yuffie's kinda cute. w

Nice job! And not to mention funneh, as hoped for. x3
Byrnstar chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
*whistles* Whoa. You have a lovely, lovely knack for describing the 'real life' of characters in the FF7 world - I was laughing outloud at several points, and sad almost to the point of tears at others. Your depiction of the Heartless is chilling; very few fic manage to convey the potential horror of such creatures existing. Kudos!
nn chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
hm... interesting. are you going to continue this? it would be interesting to see what happened to tifa, barett, and marlene and why they didn't make it to traverse town with cloud, yuffie and cid.
411 | « Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 .. Last Next »