Reviews for But That Was In Another Country
Penultima chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
0.0

*wide-eyed, i-can't-believe-what-i-just-read-cuz-it-sounds-too-original-to-be-fanfiction look*

Wow.

Really, someone HAS to start paying attention and BELIEVING Cloud otherwise *I* will blow up the WHOLE PLANET and save Cloud for myself so he doesn't have to join Hades and get squished by Cerberus' ugly foot.

So there.

GOTTA LOVE IT! WOOT! PLEASE CONTINUE SON!
Demeter1 chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
This is unbelievably creepy. I can't believe how *creepy* this is. I've played the ganme, mowed through tons of heartless and yet, I'm feeling like I'm seeing it for the first time and from Yuffie's POV. I'm feeling the tightly controlled utter terror and the fact that it's happening *so* fast. And at the same time, Yuffie's still cracking her jokes and Reno and Rude are still acting 'Turkish'. And having them in the story... GAH. They're all there and I'm actually going to start crying. Damn, you're good. I love how when Yuffie was kissing Rude's head, you added such a small and short sentence, "I was trying desperately not to think of my father." and that conveyed almost everything.

That said, this does not bode well for the rest of the story. Also... this is really depressing because since you're following the KH timeline, I *know* everyone in that group (from the end of this chapter) except Yuffie and Cloud are going to disappear (I'm such a pansy. They're going to *die*). And that just about breaks my heart. I *know* Cid's still alive, but he's going to end up with Shera and that Vincent's going to enter the picture but he's going to end up gone too.

This is quickly turning into my favourite fic of all you've written. (Well, except for Sunshine in Winter; that'll always have a special spot )

Turks? Awesome. Vincent? Even better. )
Merganser chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
Listening to Yuffie narrate is like watching atoms dance.

(very random and very very fast)

And that is how it should be.

So happy that Reno and Rude showed up- and I enjoy your characterizations of them- totally cool, in-control, badass even when they're scared stupid.

Now all we need are Obscene Cid and Vincent! Hooray! I can't wait to hear what Vincent has to say about the whole world-being-swallowed-by-darkness thing. I'm guessing it's totally his bag.
Crimson Rose327 chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
YAY! U updated! I love ur writing style! And u just portray all the characters personality's SO WELL! Reading this is just so entertaining and addicting...I can't wait for your next update!
Cerebral Seductress chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
Vincent's not answering his PHS, which would worry me except that I know how this story ends. What's up with Tifa giving away all the good stuff? Museums, the Turks, random hobo in the street- there is such a thing as TOO soft-hearted, I think. Knights of the Round could have really come in handy here.

Yuffie's narration is wonderfully random, as always. Instead of drawing away from the bleak perspective of the story, I think her wacky monologues serve to make it darker.

Thanks for the update, and I'll be looking forward to the next one.
Nefertieh chapter 2 . 6/28/2005
Yay~! You updated! -huggeh-

o_o

Are there any pairings in this fic? I personaaly think Reno-Yuffie's kinda cute. w

Nice job! And not to mention funneh, as hoped for. x3
Byrnstar chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
*whistles* Whoa. You have a lovely, lovely knack for describing the 'real life' of characters in the FF7 world - I was laughing outloud at several points, and sad almost to the point of tears at others. Your depiction of the Heartless is chilling; very few fic manage to convey the potential horror of such creatures existing. Kudos!
nn chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
hm... interesting. are you going to continue this? it would be interesting to see what happened to tifa, barett, and marlene and why they didn't make it to traverse town with cloud, yuffie and cid.
cirruscastle chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
That was amazing, frankly.

The way you portrayed each of those characters was definitely the way they should have been portrayed in the game (with its really awful dialogue).

I'm not often interested in FFVII fanfiction for that very reason, people aren't able to move beyond the two dimensional game characters and make them into real people. You obviously never have that problem.

Beyond that, however, your idea is brilliant, everyone thinking Cloud is having another psychotic episode when he begins to see the Heartless. That was excellent.

And above all your language, the voice that you give to Yuffie, is witty and funny and bang on. Every time she makes an observation about something I am cheering at my computer, thinking, "yes, that's exactly the way it is."

One of my personal favourites was when Yuffie compared Cloud to a pinata.

It's amazing how you can write terrifying or heart-rending scenes and still make them funny. It's true to life as well, since the hysteria of laughter often accompanies, or is not far from, the hysteria of trauma.
Cerebral Seductress chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
I just know this is going to be your best story yet, and also your most tragic. I almost hesitate to read it because I know you'll make the pain completely tangible. Unavoidable. *sniffle* But a little depression and angst is a small price to pay for reading another Guardian masterpiece. So I'll stick with it till the end. *salute* This chapter was gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. Your words are so rich that I can see every scene playing out before my eyes; the characters are perfect in their roles and Yuffie's cluelessness is heart-wrenching. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Reese chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Finally a good story going into the Avalanche Background of Yuffie and the others. This is great. I can't wait for the rest, provided there is more!
SilverLocke980 chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
Amazing... you still do staggeringly good work, Guardian. You are, without a doubt, the greatest author on I have ever read, and maybe ever will read.

Excellent work. Nothing to criticize, but the hinted Barret/Tifa is wonderful, and what's even better, the sense of *family* that you put into your works is beautiful. I think they all would feel like family- like they were all the ones who belonged. In a perfect group, everybody kind of gets along, falls into their own roles- and make a real family to call home.

Yuffie claims she misses her dad, but somehow, I think she misses her real *family* more, even if she still has Cid, Cloud, and Aeris (though that last may hurt more than heal; how do you talk to the dead?) and the truth is, I'm just wonderfully glad you are writing this.

By the by... on "Thirteen Ways to Say Goodnight"...

Gudrun's Amarant's kid, isn't she?

Your Devoted, Lifelong Fan,

-Silverlocke980
Crimson Rose327 chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
Ah! I loved it! Yuffie is so funny!

"Wow! Clouds not fighting a postbox he mistook for Sephiroth!"

lmmfao! Update soon please!
seventhe chapter 1 . 4/24/2005
aie, gods, if only i could write half as well as you, i'd die happily from happiness. your work is so full of laugh-out-loud images crossed with this ridiculous, wry sadness... i don't even know how to describe it, except that you're brilliant.
auronette chapter 1 . 4/24/2005
This is excellent! I love the way you portray Yuffie and her point of view. I hope there's more.
404 | « Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 Next »