Reviews for But That Was In Another Country
Kannachan27 chapter 6 . 1/19/2011
Oh gosh. I just. Yuffie, I love Yuffie. And no matter how happy, how carefree, she makes everything sound, it's still pretty damn heartbreaking, but nowhere near as sad as the parts with Vincent. Because every time she thinks about Vincent or, or talked with him, or to his voicemail - I cried. And it's just so freaking sad, even when Yuffie's voice is so bright and carefree that it couldn't be brighter if she tried, but each chapter makes me cry.

Expecting another chapter now is probably futile, but I still hope there'll be one, kind of like Yuffie hopes that Vincent is still alive. I don't find many FFVII-KH fics like this one that I like.
Kashira1786 chapter 6 . 1/19/2011
God this story is so hard to read. Not because its badly written or anything (in fact your writing is amazing) but because the despair and hopelessness leaks out and makes me wanna fucking cry.

I think I get too emotionally involved in stories. I could probably ramble on about the amazingness of your story but I think I need to go read something light-hearted cause this is making me cry.

-Kash
yangishappy chapter 6 . 1/18/2011
Two years and somehow, I missed this new chapter... the bleakness and black humor are absolutely phenomenal. I've been following you forever and ever; I've shed appropriate tears to the images your words inspire, so don't give up on this one. Not this one.

Replay FFVII AND KH; get back into this!

I don't think anyone has written such a realistic and dark what-happened-then story with such excellent characterization of the FFVII cast; the angst..! OH GOD

This story IS the endangered vicious tiger that can rip up those ridiculous bright humor/romance stories that overwhelm the KH section; indeed, the quality of its depth is worthy of the grit and complexity of the very best FFVII fics out there... and you know this!

Blow their world up and inspire those foo's.

I'll send whatever incentive pastry you'd like to see this one through!
Alhazardous chapter 6 . 1/16/2011
God, I need need need you to update sometime in the next year, this is unequivocally one of the best things I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Don't let it become 3 years of hiatus. :(
E. Writes Sometimes chapter 6 . 1/14/2011
so I just finished reading this story

and then I went back and read it again, because it's just that good.

The attention to detail and the tone and even just the idea of it is so just like...hauntingly brilliant. Idk I'm not a writer so I have no way of finding the right words to describe how incredible it is but it is. It's amazing and has SO much potential to be hands down the greatest kingdom hearts fanfic on this site.

But I also understand that it's been about three years since you've updated so I'm pretty sure that you probably don't have any intentions of updating this again...

but I guess I just want to leave this review to let you know that maybe, if on some random nostalgic whim you feel like adding another chapter or two to this that you have people who have fallen in love with it and will receive it, no matter whether it's tomorrow or next year or the year after that with open arms lol
Shinimegami7 chapter 6 . 12/23/2010
I barely know where to start with this story... On the one hand I'm in love with your Yuffie. Her brain is an extremely hard place to write about and you're doing spectacular. I'm also morbidly obsessed with this story because it has a meld of humor and angst that I've never read before. I was almost in tears the last time Yuffie talked to Vincent. And your Reeve made me giggle helplessly several times. I hope you update soon! I really like your take on the planet's descent into darkness.
emigirl chapter 6 . 11/29/2010
oh lord, pleeeease finish with a Yuffie on top?

but man. this is Beautiful. with a capital B. the tragedy of the Planet just falling to pieces, and the Heartless about to get you, and Yuffie's awesome humor commentary. Cloud was very well done as well- you hit the nail right on the head with him. That's EXACTLY how a crazy leader acts. really, really well done.

actually, now that i think of it, everyone is written really well. you realize i have never played the game before? but it didnt even matter in this fic, i felt like i knew every character even though i really didnt, because that was how good this was.

you made the greatest apocalypse-is-coming fic EVER, you made these characters come to life, you made me addicted to Kingdom Hearts when i didnt even know half of it, so i am ready to get down on my knees and beg- please, please, PLEASE, be the most amazing author ever and attempt to put up another chapter.

of course if you REALLY can't, i honestly can't blame you- but it'd simply be the greatest thing if you could.

much luck!
Princess of Radiance chapter 6 . 9/20/2010
Oh my god this is amazing and beautiful and i cried like five times and ohhhmy god

pleaseplease finish it?
inkbender chapter 6 . 9/12/2010
That was terribly depressing-the slow, choking death of the Planet with the life slowly getting drained out of it-yet punctuated with hilarious moments. Entertaining, but sad. I wish you'd finished this fic just so I could at least get some semblance of a happy ending in Hollow Bastion.
ViperDaisy chapter 6 . 9/10/2010
Just reread this for possibly the 10th time and I love it just as much as I did the first time I read it months ago. Your Yuffie is so perfectly Yuffie, and batshit!Cloud is fabulous. I wish there was a way I could bribe you into finishing this, but seeing as it's been two years since your last update, it doesn't seem likely.

Did you have any plans for future chapters of the story? Maybe you could post a final chapter of ideas or something, where you thought the story might go...if you have anything like that.

I just really love this story and I am still very curious as to how the gang (well, some of them) survives.

Viper_Daisy

princessdaisy64 yahoo . com
Anon chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
To be honest, I don't really read from FF. I didn't even really read your story. But your summary for some reason struck a chord in me...I don't know why, but I had to review this simply for that reason.

Too many times I gloss over stories that, months later, I realize are incredible simply because of a bad summary or title.

I dearly wish that this were in another fandom, but oh well. :)
Saruhno chapter 6 . 7/31/2010
I just love when people portray Cloud like this. The world's ending and it doesn't seem to matter to him. Uncaring, emo, and and crazy as Batshit. Yep, that's Cloud alright. Yuffie's also amazing. I love that this story is in her POV because it gives a good vibe. As good as the world ending can be, anyway. Vincent... I miss him so badly. He was great, even if he was only ever heard on a phone while locked in a coffin. -sniffle- This is an awesome story and I hope you spontaneousy decide to update.
Asymmetric chapter 3 . 7/19/2010
Good God, EVERYONE SHOULD WRITE CLOUD LIKE THIS.

It is hilarious and creepy and awful all at the same time, all made better by the BATSHITNESS.

BATSHIT!CLOUD IS MY NEW FAVORITE.

I will favorite this story once I sign in JUST for BATSHIT!Cloud, not to mention the other bits of HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING.

Thank you.

-Tric
AlyssaFish chapter 6 . 7/1/2010
This is definitely one of my favorite Kingdom Hearts/FFVII stories and one of the most entertaining things I've ever read. It pretty much made me burst out laughing while I was on one of the computers in a quiet library. The language is so good and amusing and the story is incredibly bittersweet. I love it, it's so much fun to read.
Lowdah chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
"Whiskey?"

She gave me a long, appraising look. "Grape knee-high."

LOL. Channeling MASH, are you? I love Radar.
411 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »