Reviews for Burn It All Away
Unknown chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
Baowolf?
Tamie123 chapter 2 . 11/1/2011
Kanzeon or rather Miao Shan, which what she was known as before she became a bodhisattva had two sister who were Miao Ssu and Miao Yin and they were all princesses and the daughters of King Miao Chung. I say this because you mentioned Kuanyin's sister and she had two of them. Though I wonder which of her sister's is Konzen's mother, myself. Note that in this story the male version of Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva and was inputted when Buddhism spread to Chinese. I consider heretic to be a derogatory term just like heathen and it doesn't refer to ones species either. Goku actually species could be a stone monkey like in the original novel though it hasn't been explicitly stated. Notice that this story isn't heretic by its official definition is someone with unorthodox beliefs and is giving to people with golden-eyes in Saiyuki. In Chinese beliefs humans train under Immortal Masters and/or ascend to godhood and even humans normal animals with golden-eyes could also be seen as a threat the divine beings in Saiyuki anime/manga as when they die they can also become supernatural as mention in the Journey to the West with like the three Rhinoceros Kings although I . As far as I know there seems to be no mention of people with golden-eyes being lock in heaven in Chinese beliefs as probably just exclusive to this manga and I never heard Sun Wukong in the novel being referred to as a heretic even after his eyes turned gold, but they did author did say that he had a heretical heart, which refer more to his actions rather than his eyes and also Sun Wukong called a human king a heretic because of his unorthodox belief. Also bodhisattvas are not considered gods as there are not the personification, control an aspect of the universe, nor presided over the worldly affairs and the 'Goddess of Mercy' was a name was giving to her by western visitors who came to China and there is the fact that Buddhas and bodhisattva unlike gods are liberated from the cycle of rebirth in Buddhism. Buddhist do not make gods primary to their devotion and yet they do not reject the existent of gods therefore places such as China and Japan merges their native religions and gods with Buddhism.
Damaged Ghost of an Angel chapter 2 . 1/6/2010
Wow. . . awesome ending to a great story. Definitely one of my favourite stories. I liked everything you put in here. Very well written and I especially enjoyed how you wrote Goujin as merciful. This was a wonderful read. Thank you for writing it.
Damaged Ghost of an Angel chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Aw man, good story here. Actually made me cry. Going on to read the next section!

And the answer to the trivia: Beowulf. I love that book! Good to finally find someone else who knows what it is!
ry0kiku chapter 2 . 1/5/2009
Wow... I think I'm crying...

So beatifully written, and I can now see Kanzeon Bosatsu as a goddess of mercy instead of being her usual pervy hag.

I really liked it! Definitely one of the greatest Gaiden fics!
orvida geri chapter 2 . 1/3/2009
Oh my poor goku what are they trying to do to you?

I know that if konzen had of been their with kenren and tenpou none of that bullsh-t would never had happened to goku.

Thank kanzeon sama for she literally saved his life for him to torment his true master soon to be known as genjo sanzo.

The jade emporer is a punk hiding behind his title never really interested in what is happening around his heavens only if it involves his selfish ass, goku/saiten taisai should have killed that stick in his ass emporer.
patriot16 chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
I really liked it. And to answer your trivia question: it's Beowulf.
Spork or Foon chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
This just makes me want to cry! Meaning you did a great job on this _ Though it inspired a plot bunny... what if Konzen, Kenren, and Tenpou managed to gain enlightment around the same time that Saiyuki time line starts? And what they would do when they found out what happened to Goku? Sounds like a good idea... anyway thanks for the read _
DarkSiren49 chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Oh please continue I would really like to know what happens next._
bardalicious chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Aww, that's soo sad! Poor Goku..
Feathered Filly chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Well, damn! I certaintly hope you didn't discontinue this fic. It's definitely one of the best Saiyuki fics out there, and definitely the best Gaiden fic. It's so incredibly hard to find well written stories in this fandom, and even harder to find well written NON-shonen-ai/yaoi stories (since I'm not into that at all). Well, I'm going to add this fic to my alert page, and hopefully will find a new chapter waiting for me one of these days ;)
Melmoth chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Hi ! _ See ? Did what I had promised. Printed ALL your Sayuiki fics. And couldn't wait tomorrow on the train to begin and read them. So I started with that one. So... still a bit lost in this world, but I really begin to take my marks in there. I'm looking forward to your next chapter, as it's kind of taking the story at the start with this stroy.
Kryscylla chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
I love this story and can't wait to see more. I hope the second chapter is coming soon.
DieRavenMaiden chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
I demand more
kryscylla chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
pleasse add another chapter soon im riveted