Reviews for Man in the Iron Mask: Redemption
OTP-Obsessions chapter 39 . 1/8/2011
omg this was a great story i was looking for man in the iron mask fanfics but couldnt find many about anne and dartagnan in the section...there were only 11 in the movie section! so i went to google and found this! this is an incredible story and i recommend if you ever come back to write more about this particular movie or story you write more about dartagnan and anne! great story truly enjoyed it
lilgenious chapter 39 . 7/25/2010
This story was awesome:D I think that the ending was especially awesome and found it touching that D'Artagnan kept to his promise on locating the grave of Athos son. I also find it touching how D'Artagnan spent time with one of his sons and doing what father's do best. You're an awesome writer and maybe you can write more stories on the Musketeers:D
Warren chapter 39 . 3/30/2010
So i read this ina week and I gotta say I LOVED IT! I have read all the original books AND have seen all the movies and I wish they could have all ended like this. You are an amazing writer and i think that you should try and write an original story by you and see if you can get it published or something. I would DEFINATELY read it. I'm going to look into the other stories you have written on here. So I guess all that's left to say is BRAVO! I was impressed.I love the way you wrote. It sounded like it was from the books themselves. Well done.
ToryTigress92 chapter 14 . 5/11/2009
As a horse rider, I can sympathise with Philippe. This waqs excellently written- are you a rider yourself?- and the lesson very descriptive. The stories told at the end, of d'Artagnan falling off his father's horse, and Philippe learning of his origins, was both funny and clever, letting Philippe know, where Louis could not, that he is no better than the peasants and that he must not think himself above them. The theme is humbling.

Ok, I have to stop reviewing now. I will review another seven chapters in a couple of days, when I next get time. Au Revoir!
ToryTigress92 chapter 13 . 5/11/2009
The start of this chapter was very entertaining, with poor Philippe trying to balance a book on his head- ahh I remember the torture well!

Athos and d'Artagnan's reconciliation was both touching and sad to read, for on one side you have the grief of losing a child, and on the other you have the grief of never being able to claim your child for your own, and of never being allowed to love openly. The fact they are together once more is hopeful that they will both begin to heal, with Philippe in their lives. Excellent writing once more!
ToryTigress92 chapter 12 . 5/11/2009
Poor, poor Porthos. And Aramis's complete lack of sympathy is really starting to grate- he's so conceited at times.

Let's hope d'Artagnan and the others can help him through his addiction.
ToryTigress92 chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
The insights into both Athos and d'Artagnan's thoughts is intriguing. Athos clearly feels regret for his actions but pride is standing in the way. I hope their friendship is repaired soon.

d'Artagnan's continued love for Anne is truly epic, as well as well written. You convey not only longing but tenderness and love as well. Excellent.

And lol, lol, lol!

The incident with the girl and Philippe made me smile, as it was very sweet, but Porthos's reaction to it, as well as the other Musketeers, was hilarious! How many teenagers dread being caught by their parents with someone of the opposite gender! Ha ha, a good touch of comedy, every teenager's nightmare!
ToryTigress92 chapter 10 . 5/11/2009
The first few paragraphs of this chapter are so full of detail- your eye for such a thing paints pictures with words.

Philippe's allegiance to his father is very admirable, and his ability to perceive emotions even when not expressed is very well-written. Maybe that will give Athos something to think about!

d'Artagnan's growing love for his son is so sweet- I hope he can shows his affection verbally soon, before they go to the palace.
ToryTigress92 chapter 9 . 5/11/2009
Aramis really should learn to be more patient shouldn't he? And as for the women liking d'Artagnan, I suppose he is rather gorgeous for a man in middle age.

Athos's little temper tantrum was very well done, and excellent to bring in the mention of their first duel. Whether you see Man In The Iron Mask as the sequel to the 1993 Musketeers movie or just by following the books, it lends continuity to the storyline. And well done to d'Artagnan for walking away, keeping his Gascon temper leashed. Philippe's desire to protect his father is so adorable as well!
ToryTigress92 chapter 8 . 5/11/2009
d'Artagnan's relationship with his son grows ever stronger doesn't it? The scene down by the river with the horse was a nice touch, giving them time to learn about one another, so great writing there, especially with the emotions. Porthos does continue to be the clown doesn't he, and Aramis's nonchalance about Portho's drinking was very in character and in keeping with the film. I have to say the scene where Porthos tried to hang himself was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!

d'Artagnan's emotional anguish, towards Anne and Philippe, is so heartbreaking to read and very well-written. I applaud you, my friend
ToryTigress92 chapter 7 . 5/6/2009
d'Artagnan's tenderness towards his son is so very real and touching- a brilliant job- and his interaction with him is very real, showing all the awkwardness to be expected between an estranged father and son, but also showing the potential to come.

The scene with the doctor was humourous, especially with Porthos in a drunken stupor in the corner. d'Artagnan's reactions certainly hark back to his youth, as a fiery young Gascon. I look forward to reading more, but I will have to leave off until tomorrow. I've got English in a few minutes. See you tomorrow, I am determined to review all 39 chapters, since they are so excellent and well-written.
ToryTigress92 chapter 6 . 5/6/2009
Porthos, Porthos, Porthos. He truly is incorrigible isn't he. His characterisation is very entertaining to read, capturing the funny comments he always makes. Aramis is also well-captured, his zealous desire to proceed with his plan, whilst pressuring Philippe, is believable. I am glad d'Artagnan is sticking up for his son, however. An excellent chapter!
ToryTigress92 chapter 5 . 5/6/2009
The confrontation of d'Artagnan was perfectly captured, with just the right amount of levity injected by Porthos at intervals! Your characterisation is really very good. The interaction between Philippe and d'Artagnan was touching and sincere, and very real for a father and son who have never seen each other.

And d'Artagnan's feeling of betrayal over Anne not telling him of the twins was very much in tune with the original film, and yet he loves her too much to remain angry. d'Artagnan certainly has come a long way from the fiery youth from Gascony!
ToryTigress92 chapter 4 . 5/6/2009
Athos's grief is well written in this chapter, and Philippe's relationship with him is equally well written. Philippe also shows signs of being a leader when he not overrides Athos's objections but offers logical reasons why they must trust d'Artagnan.

d'Artagnan's angst over the revelation of his twin son was heart-breaking to see, excellently captured.

And Aramis, that old dog! He's too clever for his own good!
ToryTigress92 chapter 3 . 5/6/2009
Aww this is a very touching chapter! Porthos's reaction to d'Artagnan was lovely to read, as well as the playful banter between them all, except Athos, of course.

Athos's anger is truly fascinating, from a psychological point of view. The King is out of reach, so he is projecting that anger onto d'Artagnan, seeing him as an enemy despite the man's true motives for coming to them. His grief over Raoul is heartbreaking, and I'm glad you switched it around so it was d'Artagnan who wrote to the general, not Christine. That is how it should've gone in the film, I feel. Another excellent chapter!
112 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »