Reviews for Butterfly in Reverse
Retards United chapter 18 . 12/18/2005
Your writing ability is uncanny. I love how you string together everything with perfection, and you never make it sound too forced, too anything, to be exact.

The only detrimental thing comes from me. I have NEVER read a yaoi story in my entire years of internet skimming, but this was so beautifully written, I don't even care. Not that I'm against to yaoi or anything, I'm just not into it.

But, this is... Wow. I love your story, and I will continue to follow it, yaoi or not. I despise those that are adverse to a story just because it's yaoi, or a strange pairing. That, and Kakashi-sensei is my favorite Naruto character, lol.

I'll stop babbling now. Just keep writing, please. It would be a shame to see this beautiful story end.
dawnstonedagger chapter 18 . 12/15/2005
Hi! You asked in your reply for some further comments about your handling of Iruka's character (not that it was really that ooc at all).

The only thing that comes to mind is that I felt you'd gone a little overboard with the mother henning he was applying to Kakashi in the last few chapters. Naturally, Iruka is a nurturing type, so it's expected that he would do that to a certain extent. A few sweet nothings that were said also, made my teeth hurt with the cuteness. Maybe it's just the fact that your writing is, on the whole, dark and gritty and a bit disjointed (in a good way). So, when you interpose some sunshine and rainbows, it's kind of jarring. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Qualities I think a good Iruka could have:

Kind but stern

Forgives easily

Generous and optimistic

Possibly a bit too trusting

Competent but not especially confident

Worrier

Puts his students before himself/his personal life (very Japanese schoolteacherish)

Has an innate need to be social, very physically expressive (ie. see reaction to Sexy No Jutsu)

Loses his temper sometimes, even in class

Oh, and I'd like to mention that between you and SNA, it's completely unneccessary for anyone else to ever write Kakashi/Rin stories. They are hardcore angstcandy. Me like.

Cheers again, from the middle of , hope this was helpful. :)
Nakitama-san chapter 18 . 12/13/2005
Ok, ok...*breathes in*

I Love You. How's that?

God, this has to be the best Kakashi-centric fic I've /ever/ read. It's felshed him out perfectly, and it leaves me a feeling of, "This is how Kishimoto-sama would've wrote him if this was a book!" It's perfect!

It's great how it doesn't -focus- on the KakaIru relationship, but it is one of the many subplots! Usually, I'm a yaoi fanatic, and I'd be saying, "Gimme more!" but man, this fic...incorporates everything with just the right amount.

And gah! The subplots. So many, it's impossible not to be entertained. And how you add each and every character, dammit, there must have been every character in this story!

Jiraiya and Kakashi's relationship...even /more/ love to that. Jiraiya really cares. And it's so him too!

Again, I applaud you for keeping your characters IC. It's a hard thing to do now a days!

Aw, Team 7. Sasuk's back! And Naruto defending him from the villagers? Gives you a sense of pride and...squeeness. And Sakura! I usually don't like her, but you've made the almost impossible very possible
dawnstonedagger chapter 16 . 12/6/2005
I've enjoyed reading this fic quite a bit . It's on my 'I Don't Read Yaoi, But This Is Too Good Not To' list.

I'm usually an Older!Sakura/Kakashi shipper as far as Naruto goes, but you sucked me in before I was able reject your story outright for content. Quite a feat, I like you!

Good takes on most of the characters, though I think Iruka sometimes sounds a little /too/ feminine and I think to myself, 'Why not just make him a girl anyway? He's acting exactly like one.' I guess I can't break myself of seeing him as merely a support object for Naruto, so props for fleshing him out! I also kind of like Ibiki to be a bit more quietly smoldering.

A very well researched and entertaining fic. Of course, it doesn't hurt that there is tons of fantastic source material to start with. I started reading for Kakashi, but now I'm staying to see what the hell you do with Sakura, I feel like she's got a bigger role to play. I guess I'll keep reading anyway though, even if she doesn't... :POUT:

Hurray for Kakashi Crack Fic!11!1 XD
wellduh chapter 18 . 12/1/2005
You so so have to keep going. Can't wait.
wellduh chapter 17 . 12/1/2005
Ah, hell, Izumo. XD Last scene dialogue brilliant.
wellduh chapter 15 . 11/30/2005
Old ladies, heh. _
wellduh chapter 14 . 11/30/2005
The Tsunade history with Sakumo was new and utterly fascinating. Wow.
wellduh chapter 13 . 11/30/2005
Aa... this is really getting crazy (good)...
wellduh chapter 12 . 11/30/2005
Kind of like those guys from Stone.

Sasuke and puppy are so unfairly cute. Ate his training brief, huh? P
wellduh chapter 11 . 11/30/2005
Iruka's letters from his students were the sweetest things ever. I think I emitted a squeeing noise out loud by accident.

Jiraiya and Kakashi seriously are ADORABLE the way you've got them. Heh.

(Sasuke, losing angst? No! The world is ending!)
kori hime chapter 18 . 11/30/2005
Holy fuck. It took me a few days to get through those 18 chapters. So worth it but I think I've been ruin for other fanfics for a while... This was amazing. Certain things were a little choppy but the fic overall made me not want to stop reading. *stayed up late to read and it fucked with her sleep schedule, sweatdrop*

Update soon. I'm really loving this. I like the little bits of Team 7 that come in every once in a while. I like them a lot. *can't choose which pairing she likes best with them, so she just reads/write them as a threesome, ;* Bye.
wellduh chapter 8 . 11/30/2005
PS. Eeh. ANBU are so mean. XD
wellduh chapter 8 . 11/30/2005
I didn't even finish the chapter yet. I had to do this while I remembered.

Jiraiya and Kakashi SO CUTE SQUEE. _

That's it for now.
wellduh chapter 7 . 11/30/2005
Shikamaru as ANBU. Rock.

Also, you are incredibly cruel to your characters. But you knew that, didn't you? P
544 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »