Reviews for Butterfly in Reverse
GSYH chapter 2 . 11/19/2005
The life of a shinobi, is so bad for your mental health, to kill people who are like you, fighting for the same reasons.
Viviane Renard chapter 18 . 11/18/2005
Good chapter. The beginning part was a bit confusing, but then later on, when you went a little backwards in time, I got everything. A lot of character-building and setting up in this chapter, which only makes me want to read more. I seriously love how you express the characters. They're human and fragile, and being pushed to the brink. Well, I'll just hope for a quick update. Maybe for a Thanksgiving treat? -laughs- A new chapter would certianly be better than a turkey. ;)
Myew-chan chapter 18 . 11/17/2005
I love this story...It's hard to actually imagine Hatake Kakashi tired...wow...it almost makes me stop wanting to be a ninja! Almost, but not quite. Keep up the good work!
Kilerkki chapter 18 . 11/16/2005
Ah, man, bite. You just get better and better at really pulling us into these peoples' lives. I love the way you take the most obscure points of view and gives us a reason to care, make us -hurt- along with them. I love the way you're not afraid to show the reality of war, even while my heart clenches up about the pain of people I've grown to care about.

So many strong scenes and beautiful lines that it's hard to pick out only a few- but I love how you humanize the Stone nin right before they do something you should hate them for-but somehow, thinking of the family man and the coming baby and the way they lovingly tease each other, you're not sure who to cry for.

The paired Asuma and Kurenai scenes were marvellous. I can really see them both reacting that way, and while I'm desperately hoping that they can save the child, that Kurenai'll keep him or her, and that they can all be happy together, well... *huggles them all anyway*

I enjoyed the flashes of Raidou's temper, too. *grins* I guess I'm particularly fond of all the jounin right now, but especially Raidou and Kurenai, so I'm so glad to see you treating them with such...respect, if not tenderness.

Awesome job!
Masked Shinobi chapter 18 . 11/15/2005
Once again, you amaze me. Just when I thought that you couldn't get any better, you blow me away. This story, the characters, the atmosphere, it all feels so real, like it happened in the anime. And, your portrayal of the shinobis' relationships and Kakashi, only one word: FANTASTIC! I'll be loyally waiting for the new chappie so update soon!
kakashidiot chapter 18 . 11/15/2005
YAY! I LOVE the new episode! I love the Genma/Raido scene - especially the part where Genma is having problems with Sushi! And I felt a lump in my throat when Chouza died. Ah!

But my most favorite part was when Kakashi starts to revive his rep as tensai ninja! So amazing! I hope you update soon! I've been checking on you regularly!
Shock chapter 18 . 11/15/2005
Oh MY looking really good. Seriously, the scene with Chouza was so intense it's not even funny. No description, nothing graphic but damn if it dind't give me goosebumps.

It's a pity I'm having trouble remembering previous chapters. We're going over this one step by step together, I demand clearing up the stuff I don't get. lol
Queen of Vegetasei chapter 18 . 11/15/2005
YEAY UPDATE!

Omg *sob* Chouji's father. You always make me so attaached to the minor characters I love so much. Within a few words you make me care and ache for them and suddenly, and suddenly... The repercussions already ring empty and full of hollow feeling for all three of their families. Poor Chouji.

And Asuma and Kurenai. Perfect description of reactions that made me open my eyes wide with anticipation. It hurts so good.

It's marvellous to have the build up of warfare in such a subtle way, you know things are getting worse but no one talks about it, or it becomes real, leaving the few who know the details to bear all the weight. I absolutely adore your Kakashi for being the perfect schizophrenic character he is, juggling all the details and somehow still remaining functioning and relatively sane.

The pace of this chapter was a little disjointed for me, it jumped too far, making me wonder, what's happening to so and so and OMG KURENAI WHERE IS SHE AFTER 5 WEEKS. What was Asuma's reaction to her further delay/return.

You make me want to know more and more about the side characters with every thread aand I feel so helpless when there isn't that pay off, and I'm left to wonder what transpired in the time between scenes.

I love the details and how you attain the perfect blend of banter/gossip/military command that happens in a ninja village, which is emphatically full of actuaal people. I'm such a sucker for life dramas.

Omg. Chouza. Kurenai. What happened?
Wolfkun chapter 18 . 11/14/2005
This is an awesome story. I'm starting to doubt Tsunade though. Messing with the copy nin just isn't allowed. I like him.
GoldenRat chapter 18 . 11/14/2005
I really find it hard to respect Kurenai’s decision to not tell Asuma about the pregnancy & for leaving Kakashi to tell him. Even if she does end up keeping the baby as suggested in this part.

What does Godaime intend to do w/ Team 7?
WinterOfOurDiscontent chapter 18 . 11/14/2005
This is a phenomenally awesome birthday gift. And I'm impressed to see you've kept casualties to a minimum, only killing one canon character. _

I've said it before and I'll say it again... poor everyone. Poor Chouza (so sad now) and Shikaku and Kurenai... I loved seeing the older generation of ShikaInoChou in action. I love seeing *where* people come from, and how the village actually works... which is probaby why I love your story, because you actually go into everything that happens around a mission and what's involved in being a ninja (even one as messed up as Kakashi) on a day to day, hour by hour basis.

It's an amazing story, and I'm privileged to be connected with it in my small way. _
Aya-kun Rose chapter 18 . 11/14/2005
Wow. Well worth the wait. Startled by the character death, but I guess those in the story were, too. The bit with Sushi was unexpected as well, but in a good way, y'know? Wondering why Genma had him, though. Keep it up!
thisaccountisdeadnow chapter 18 . 11/14/2005
Oh, yey, I thought you'd forgotten about this one. Glad to see it updated, and with such a spectacular chapter too!

Really enjoying reading this, keep it up. _
Oboro chapter 18 . 11/14/2005
Wow, yet another amazing chapter! Damn, this war is really starting to heat up now; I'm getting kind of nervous, lol. Sorry I'm not more in depth at the moment, but I was glad you updated, although I'd wait forever for another chap from ya _ I'm absolutely on pins and needles for the next installment; great work once again!
Zenna chapter 18 . 11/14/2005
god... i love you so bad that i physically ache when i go for more than a day without your writing. i make myself sick with this obsession... but then you always make it better... crap. you're like a drug. (sorry)
555 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »