Reviews for Butterfly in Reverse
inarae chapter 17 . 9/17/2005
wonderful fic! I lover your characterizations. THanks for writing and sharing!
KimonoQueen chapter 17 . 9/16/2005
Oh my goodness, where to begin? First of all, it becomes exponentially more obvious with every chapter why you're doing a degree in English at a frickin LEGENDARYFORARTS school. I practically whimpered earlier at the way you just make things come together such as the tactics to make Iruka, Genma, and Kotetsu use tactics 'against' eachother and the excruciatingly wonderful beauty of Ino's glee at discovering Rin. The way you write is so novel-like it's a blessing you write fanfiction because I can indulge and enjoy as heartily as I would books from the shelves of bookstores. I teared up, my throat and chest clenched, I had feelings of elation and mortification and - - ooh Anko and Izumo's mission had me worried. You've set up this painful transition state between normalcy (especially in the Genin's eyes since they are all indulging in gossip and rating their training sessions as 'boring') and a land at war that has me so on edge because anyone could die at any moment. You've also given this masterwork a definite serial feel with 'arcs', as it were, the next arc being most likely concerned with Kotetsu's secret mission. ARGH and you slip it in so meaningfully yet subtly. I feel like crying because this is all just TOO perfect! I can't believe I'm reading this and someone I talk directly to writes it! It's like having a celebrity's personal phone number. It IS! I feel so much emotion for and towards the characters. I am learning so much, too, about EVERYONE because you embrace and explore all. I can't even describe he magnitude of your coverage. I must simply call it 'ALL'. I cannot wait for it to come onto the vine that Kakashi killed Rin. They're skirting the truth god dammit and Sakura should just ASK about RIN since Ino is oh-so-primed to let rip her knowledge, as you have written! I've gotta know, though: do YOU see this as becoming a kind of never-ending story? You know it is considerably probable that you could grace the 30's in chapter numbers, right? Hahaha so much potential. I mean, HELLO PREGNANCY GOODBYE PREGNANCY. You havent even got loose ends. You've got freakin self-replicating ties! They extend themselves and it's like witnessing a miracle; I am so awed by it ALL. I love these creations so much, as much as I guess I could love my future offspring. It makes me value life in the real world so much more as we too are on the 'brink' of war. I don't know what more to say. I've got a great jumble of comments and thoughts in my noggin. I'm overexcited. It's 2am. I should try to sleep. I just KNOW your pervading principles and philosophies are going to make it into my dreams lol! We are going to have words - no - PARAGRAPHS online lol. If I don't catch you before Monday, have supersupersuper fun during Fresher's Week. It all goes downhill from there! _
Forst chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
I can't remember if I've commented or no... *makes face* So sorry if this is repeat gushing.

First- I adore this lovely, wonderful fanfic (fan novel? It's long...). The way that the WHOLE CAST is intagrated just rocks my socks. And all the little stories tied togeather for a bigger one- *dies*

*pops back up again*

Normally, I start squeebling* like mad here, but if I did already comment, I think it was a drive-by!squeeble, so I figure I gotta put some content in here...

Hm. Of all the things to squeeble about in this fic, I think the thing I like best is how you capture the interactions of all this cast. And the plot behind the interactions? *makes inarticulate hand gestures of joy. Sue me, I've Italian blood*

*eventually gives up and makes big 'Butterfly is Great!' sign with markers*

So. Um. Thank you. So much.

*Squeeble: Varient term of " to squee, as in fangirlish shrieks"
Hysp chapter 17 . 9/11/2005
Ah...I feel bad for Izumo.

I love being a girl.

Fantastic chappie by the way.

~Jessica _
BitterEloquence chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
So I finally managed to clear my schedule enough to actually sit down and write a decent review of this chapter. I absolutely adore the rumor mill of Konoha and I definitely think Kakashi needs to throw some chaos into the works by tossing out misinformation if only for the pleasure of watching everyone scramble around chasing their own tails.

Poor Izumo, you poor poor dear I can only imagine his pain and even I wince at the thought of what he's gone though. Being a jounin isn't quite what he thought it seems and I love the interaction between he and Kotetsu. They're a couple of my favorite secondary characters who don't get nearly enough love!

But oh dear...I'm on pins and needles to see what you're going to do with Kotetsu, the scene between he and Jiraiya was really touching and I was mewling to myself at Kotetsu's pain in thinking Izumo would think ill of him. Wonderful job there, you've got such a delicate touch when it comes to balancing the angst and the more lighter tones of this story so to go from that to Iruka and Naruto was just perfect.

I especially liked the down-home common-sense touches of Iruka remembering his mother's advice and the scene in the bathroom with Izumo and the others at the end had be howling with laughter. I was re-reading it tonight at work and had to stifle my sniggers even though I already knew what was going to happen.

Another wonderful job, I always look forward to anything from talented authors like you because it's writers like yourself and the others in the fandom that inspire me to become a better writer.
devinewaterdragon chapter 17 . 9/9/2005
– and one of these days he would totally stop thinking of his students as puppies. Totally.

I'm drawing a picture on that. Just too funny.

I'm at deviantart under the same name, devinewaterdragon, if you have trouble getting to it, e-mail me.

I love your fic so very very much. Way too good all-around for your own good.
Viviane Renard chapter 17 . 9/5/2005
I love your story. Your writing is serious and realistic, yet you still managed to add a dash of humor here and there that has me laughing. You've got a nice balance going on. And the way you make the ninjas and the ANBU, just about how they 'break' and the pressure they're put into, and then about the war itself...it's all very realistic.

I'd just like to mention that I've found a couple spelling errors here and there in your chapters (not this chapter, I think, but in ch 16 and some others), and some of the paragraphing's gotten scrunched in one of the chapter. Also, sometimes you have an unneccesary word or are missing words. But other than that, everything looks good. I'm sorry I can't point out specific mistakes, but it's because I've been reading this story over the span of a couple days, and can't remember exactly where they are. It's just that when I see a very good fic, I have this desire to point out the little mistakes. Because, once you get rid of those, your writing's flawless.

I really hope that you find time to write more soon, but I won't mind waiting for a good chapter. :)
MIkazuki chapter 14 . 9/5/2005
Wow, I just read the part of this story you left in your Livejournal(The part with Izumo)before this. Heh, I bet he kind of liked getting to kill Reiko. Good fic, write more. You have a good style, easy to understand
Zenna chapter 17 . 9/3/2005
yay! more! this has to be one of my favorite stories on this site. i'm very eager to find out what rin plays in kakashi's life - she must have been important. please update soon! (by the way, i give poor izumo my sympathy.)
Oboro chapter 17 . 9/2/2005
Hey, another great chap! I really liked this one, actually. I loved the interaction between Gai and Kakashi; it cracked me up! And the way you portray the relationships between all the ninjas is excellent too. I've never read a story where an author gave the minor characters so much love, and it's a breath of fresh air! I feel nervous for Kotetsu though; I hope his mission turns out ok... Oh, and the way all the ninja gossip about each other is a endless source of entertainment, and a very ingenius touch to the fic. Anyway, sorry to ramble, but great job, and can't wait until the next chap!
Nezuko chapter 16 . 9/2/2005
I'm crying again. You make me cry, and that's a wonderful thing. Your writing is so moving. So direct. Speaks so perfectly to my heart. And at the same time it's gripping. Fascinating. Something I savour. I've read little that equals yours, even less that exceeds it, and I'm including all the published literature I've ever come across in this assessment, Shakespeare and Steinbeck included. Your work is on a par with the best. You create such rich and real characters. So three dimensional and human. You voice them perfectly, and provide meaningful and deep insights. Someday, I fully expect the world's universities will require one of your novels in a class on great literature of the 21st century. Lucky me, I'm witness to your star in its making, still in the nebula of its birth in this humble, but most excellent fanfiction.
Kunoichi 008 chapter 16 . 9/1/2005
D
Tami chapter 17 . 9/1/2005
Yay! You're back! I was sitting here thinking about the sheer amount of planning that had to go into this for all of the plot threads being picked up and set down here and there, not to mention the 'underneath' stuff that you learn later, like Kotetsu's not so infatuated sstudy of Reiko. Hadn't thought of that for a bit, and then suddenly there he and Jiraiya are. You play these characters against each other with such skill, like a puppet master.

I also love how even the flashiest of foil characters like Gai and the most anonymous of stock characters like Ebisu suddenly have real depth and the reader can't help but be drawn into an emotional investment. Someone else reviewed that s/he didn't even like Ebisu and s/he felt for the guy when he bit it. It's skill like that, to manipulate the reader to love or hate someone at your will, which will take you incredibly far, should you ever try your hand at non-fanfic.

Keep up the incredible work.
aozora23 chapter 17 . 9/1/2005
I worry for Kotetsu. _ Such a great chapter (fic)! Poor Izumo. Love it! _
tampoposensei chapter 17 . 9/1/2005
Enjoy University, I loved it.
555 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »