Reviews for A Solo For The Living
Silverfern500 chapter 34 . 6/5
How could you leave us here?! In the middle of war, not knowing if they are alive or dead, with Erik's one pride gone with the city and Christine unaware of the whole battle? I understand, as a writer, leaving stories for decades without being able to continue them. Though this is cruel... Thank you for writing this much, thank you for giving your insight into the characters. Breathing life into cities and streets from ages past. Thank you for eliciting such emotion from your readers. If you do choose to continue at some point, I would love to pick this piece up again. Until then, Auf Wiedersehen and good luck in all your endeavors. -Silverfern500
futurejelly chapter 34 . 4/12
I went to hit the next button... And it wasn't there. A punch right in the gut. This story is so good and I know it's a long shot but I hope you update it.
What an ache chapter 24 . 10/4/2014
Just reading this again, after what, seven years?! I sort of wish it ended here. That they kiss and decide to be together and then that's it. I know it's not what you had planned.
Perhaps, next year, on the anniversary of the year you started, you'll leave a note telling us how it all worked out? Think about it. I'm not going to nag you to continue, it's been too long, but please consider telling us what happened. I hope you are well and happy.
HellaPhantom chapter 30 . 7/17/2014
Meri chapter 34 . 3/22/2014
Oh! I forgot to mention my two favorite lines in the story. I love when Madame Giry tells Erik that the bread will only make him die fat, and I love it when Erik is coming to the dinner Madame Giry invited him to, and Christine is about to leave Meg alone in the room before he knocks on the door, and Meg tells Christine "I'm not opening that door!"
Meri chapter 34 . 3/22/2014
Oh...I had a feeling this would happen. I would become completely immersed in a great fanfiction that is written better than some books I had to read during high school, read it for hours, only to realize it hasn't been updated in years :( . Oh well. It's plenty long enough, and it seems all that there would be left to do with it after all the fighting would be for Christine to accept Raoul's death (I'm assuming he's dead) and move on with her life as she grows up. If Erik lives, then it doesn't seem likely that he and Christine will end up together since their relationship is so toxic. So he would just have to move on without anyone. I loved all thirty-four chapters, and if some day a new chapter happens to spring up I would be happier than ever to read it. Next time I know to check and make sure it's complete or has at least been recently updated. Kudos to being a great writer!
Neko chapter 34 . 12/30/2013
Darn it all. I knew I was going to hit the end eventually, but this is a terrible stopping point! I want to know what happens. I hope you continue some day, there are still people just discovering your story!
Neko chapter 28 . 12/30/2013
So, Erik's grand plan for getting himself together with Christine this time is...

a.) sex happens
b.) freak out over sex happening and send Christine away
c.) leave town for months
d.) show back up ready to romance Christine again
e.) ?
f.) happy ever after!

Ironically for an architect, his plans for life are not very sound.
Neko chapter 18 . 12/30/2013
Well, Madam Giry succeeded, that definitely punctured the bad-boy allure of "the Phantom" or even "Erik, the Phantom," had for Christine. Interesting how...humbly Erik conducted himself. After the last chapter, I was sure he was going to take the dinner as an opportunity to perform. But he didn't try and build up any glamor, and he was quite quick to prevent Christine from doing to do it for him.
Neko chapter 16 . 12/30/2013
I enjoy Erik's way with children. Not quite as good as physically tossing that boy away from him, but he gets extra points for style. I can see how children would be particularly unnerving to him...they are much more likely to comment on his face/bandages/mask than older people who have had manners (or fear) drilled into them.

I also enjoyed Erik getting annoyed by Egrot daring to be so obnoxiously friendly! Until he realizes he's not being horribly nice, he actually is doing it to benefit himself, and THEN Erik's fine with it.
Neko chapter 15 . 12/30/2013
I'm glad Madame Giry knows things aren't as dire as she feared, but I'm a little bummed we have missed out on reading the righteous smackdown she was prepared to deliver him.

I'm trying to imagine how Erik might defend himself at this dinner. "Well, considering I was on the balcony with the intent of killing you..."
Neko chapter 14 . 12/30/2013
Poor, devoted Raoul. Wonderfully written.
Neko chapter 8 . 12/29/2013
I actually liked Raoul's father, even after that hardly flattering introduction.
Neko chapter 7 . 12/29/2013
"But he was not a ghost. His name was Erik. Only a man named Erik, who did something to her soul that made it bleed."

Excellent line.
Neko chapter 6 . 12/29/2013
You have a very adept touch with humor. Erik's last thought there morphed slowly as the sentence continued into something hilarious, as he thinks about where he is and ends up reflecting on the fact he's been lurking on the balcony most of the night.

I was thinking that it must be rather hard to remove murder from your repertoire of strategies to deal with people that annoy you. And after he wins that struggle and the conquers his next moral battle by not peeking at Christine undressing, she catches him on the balcony! I don't think he's going to explain that he really deserves some kudos for making progress in his quest to become less of a creeper.