Reviews for The Prelude
Sodo chapter 13 . 12/7/2006
Best ending ever. Miss you Vivli hope your having a good life and thank you for finishing the story. *smile*
Sodo chapter 12 . 8/31/2005
the ending to that chapter was crap in my opinion it seemed rushed with very little detail it disappointed me alot I hope chapter 13 makes up for it but basically I think everything about chapter 12 was great until the shadowlord part
Vivli chapter 12 . 8/26/2005
Whoa. That was an unexpected moment at the end. I can see now how the end is coming to this. Although I still think it's a real shame, there's a lot of character development there that could still happen, Vivli/Celphie/Andrew/Lucia for example still needs to be resolved somehow, as well as what happens to Apathy. But that could all be aftermath stuff, plus it feels nicely 'real' that not everything gets to be resolved before all hell kicks off.

I forgot how good your chapters were. Well, not really, but until reading this I forgot what it felt like to read them! My Dad came into my room while I was reading the bit with Vivli, Celphie and Lucia, and I really had to fight back laughing out loud. I think he was wondering what I was grinning at. At least now I think Vivli can win an award for 'naivest character ever'.

And now we have Angel vs The Shadow Lord, Round 2. Wonder how this'll come out. Last time they both ended up dead, so it'll be very interesting to see what happens this time. Here's hoping Angel survives.

Or at least SOMEBODY survives!
Sodo chapter 11 . 8/4/2005
just got back from vacation and I have internet access again hurray lol

chapter 10 and 11 were great but the death in chapter 10 was really sad but I loved the humor in chapter 11. I look forward to reading chapter 12 .
Vivli chapter 11 . 7/9/2005
That chapter was great! Although I was unaware you owned FFXI...(that a typo or a joke?): "I do now own FFXI"...

I loved the Apathy/Angel dynamic, that was pretty funny, especially the way Apathy had no idea about life in general. It was also very intersting to see Angel broken, since she's become a very strong warrior recently with a very strong and powerful personality.

She also got stabbed in the eye again, doesn't she only have one eye? I seem to remember her wearing an eye-patch in the old story. That must be getting inconvinient.

I almost laughed out loud at "I’m evil, you’re not supposed to be embracing me!” and "Someone needs to get laid" (Vivli's dammed persistant to carry on after that line, I think I would have shrunk away embarassed!).

So Angel's been replaced by Apathy, that can't end well. Here's hoping Angel was right and she's not actually evil!
Vivli chapter 10 . 6/28/2005
More death and destruction...ouch. I was going to say who died, but then realised other people probably read these before reading the story, so probably shouldn't spoil it.

That was an awesome chapter though. Some cool fighting, some incredible drama, and just a generally good chapter. Well, they're all good chapters, so that's not saying much, but you get the idea.

Just as it's looking like they could fight back this happens to Angel though. I have absolutely no clue what's going to happen to her now, but it could be bad, because I'm pretty certain they're gonna need her to save the world...
Sodo chapter 9 . 6/26/2005
omg you must hurry and write chapter 10 the story is getting so good
Vivli chapter 9 . 6/18/2005
Wow! That was awesome! Great suprise to wake up to as well.

Urm...ow? That sure sounded painful for Vivli! I have no idea how they're going to get out of this one. Last survivors of Vana'diel are about to be slaughtered by Angel-turned-evil. That's not good! I'd be more confident had somebody other than Vivli escaped, but, to quote Monty Python, what's she gonna do, bleed on them? Maybe she'll heal them to death...

Yeah, I think the heroes are going to have to get out of this one on their own. Can't wait to see how they do it. IF they do it. Probably the best cliffhanger I've read...urm...ever I think. Can't wait to find out what happens!

Nice return of the ear thing too. Such a nice and yet so very disturbing way to take out mithra. There's something very creepy about it, it works really well. Also glad to see Vivli showing some attempted heroism, just so I don't go down as a coward in EVERY situation.

So, to recap, Angel's turned evil, Terra's stuck in a state of pleasure and obeying Isclei's every command, Isclei is evil, but we're not entirely sure why yet (or I've forgotten), all the other corrupted people are there, all the heroes have been captured, Vivli is bleeding to death somewhere (lucky she can cast white magic) and the world has still been obliterated. Damn, I have no idea how they're going to get out of this one, but it looks to be spectacular!

Good job! Can't wait for the next bit!
Vivli chapter 8 . 6/1/2005
Haha, another great chapter. Loved seeing some information about Terra looking different, I always wondered about that. And damn, Vivli is a bad white mage. You don't watch me play by any chance? (Ahem...I'm good really...honest!)

Andrew seems to be in a awkward situation, which I can't wait to see play out. And I don't mean about being left in charge!

Criticism wise, I'm going for the golden-oldie. I noticed on a second reading that you slipped back into the present tense when Elnroth draws his sword. Yeah, I'm being picky, but I always try to pick up on that tense thing!

All in all, another superb chapter with some excellant character stuff. It's really made these kind of scenes my favourite far over the fighting. I don't really care about Vana'diel anymore, just how the characters play out.

Of course, I am now very eager to see more! Can't wait!
sodo chapter 7 . 5/16/2005
I shorter the usual chapter but it's excelently done
Vivli chapter 7 . 5/15/2005
That was another great chapter. The character relationships and such are getting better and better, there are so many interesting dynamics to remember now I'm gonna have to start writing them down! It makes for some great scenes!

Anyway, I look forward to more (as usual)!
Akkiko chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
Guess what I did, I made a wallpaper for this.

I have to work on yours...
TrueDarkBlade chapter 6 . 5/12/2005
Cliff Hangers are the devil reincarnated into a waffle, but without the spoon... .

You heard me!
Akkiko chapter 6 . 5/12/2005
Okay... I know I said I've corrupted you, but that is ridiculous! XD

I've created a monster named Apathy... lovely...

... WHY ME? XD Just kidding, I actually love how I'm playing the evil advicate... and just so you know, you've given me nightmares now. I dream that I'm actually Envy and I go on killing sprees. _ My friends actually call me Envy sometimes as a joke, lol. You have corrupted my life! In a good way! :D

I seem soo... vindictive. XD It's kinda scary... lol.

You may notice my reviews lately have become a lot more... scattered in thoughts. (like they weren't before) I'm trying a new style, have the review window open as I read and type thoughts as they pop into my head...

...YOU'RE GOING TO END IT LIKE THAT? NU!

Continue! Evil cliffhanger! I curse you! XD
Akkiko chapter 5 . 5/12/2005
Are you sure Wrath isn't Sadism? XD

*shiveer*

So intriguing though, honestly. I'm a sucker for brainwashing/mind control fics where friends have to go against each other and kill their former allies, and I have no clue why. _

XD

And of course, good ol' (not really ol') angel passes out.

Terrific...