Reviews for One Night Dance
Dangerous Horizon chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Please do another chapter for this? What happens the morning after? Or a sequel!
arienai chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
"When the music starts dying down, perhaps because the musicians have grown tired of only seeing people dance, and not dancing themselves, the sun's descent has been completed, but the dark is filled with laughter and light, and so Ryou isn't afraid of it at all, the way he'd be when he's home alone, and hears something move over the floor, slithering through the window, while he remembers the stories his father has told him, about the things that come and get the children that haven't been good and proper and making their parents proud of them."

That's one big-ass sentence! I got halfway through it before I forgot the beginning.
Argh chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
I loved the style. Very dreamlike and a bit vague. (though you probably already been told that)
Dark-English-Rose chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
brilliant!

So cute, bless Ryou, bless his little heart *glomps him*
Cody Thomas chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
oh this is so good! I love this! and i can't believe how many stories you've written, I have to put you on my favorites for the simple fact you can provide me with days of reading material and you've got such a wonderful style! great job!
YamiNeko18 chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
I am really realy confused. Wat was Ryou-chan doing and Where was Bakura-san? ?_? Well it was still really good despite being confusing
Amarin Rose chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Near as I can tell, it's only your summary that makes Ryou's partner Bakura. But while it's a rather cliche concept, you pulled it off well, and I liked the surreal feeling to it. Very nice.
expletive deleted chapter 1 . 5/21/2005
Brilliant. The new style certainly works well. The characterisation was excellent, especially because I think it has echoes of how Ryou could feel in canon. And the mood! Oh my, the mood. They really flowed together The fact that you question the end makes me gleeful, because hopefully you'll write an equally wonderful Bakura to go with this.

That's my only crit; he's not at all a presence in the story. Not even in physical description, and I am a firm believer that someone somewhere should say "hot damn" Thief King as soon as he enters the scene. Eheh heh.
adele4 chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
Odd I didn’t review this :/

I like the style. It makes everything seem a little dreamlike to me. Which I believed to be a good thing for Ryou, since he has that feeling everything is right the way it is, but thinking of it afterwards it scares me a little for him: it can’t be the best state of mind to start a relationship – at least, it left me confused if it is a good thing or not... which is nice (but doesn’t mean I don’t hope you’ll continue!).
MikariStar chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
Nice story and an interesting writing style. I never really read Ancient Egypt fanfics but I liked another AE fic you wrote before so I decided to read this one too. A sequel would be good. _
DarkShadowFlame chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Whoa. This was so awesome! It's a really unique style of writing (even though you are trying to resemble a fantasy writer... it's unique for this website anyway). I really liked the line about how Ryou was an adult, but a child as long as he stayed with his father. And then you did a good job playing off those themes- hinting at his father's negligence and showing how Bakura made him into an adult. Well, I'm assuming it's Bakura by the pairing list up top. You never made any specific character references, which was a pretty cool touch.

Ciao

DSF
s.h.i.r.o.i.k.e.t.s.u.e.k.i chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Wow, I can really feel what Ryou does and it's so real. Like the way he wants someone to hold him and the way he's comfortable in a crowd of strangers instead of at home. I especially like the way he doesn't really know what he's doing but he does it anyway because it just feels right.

I just hope that Ryou won't wake up alone, because once the high of the night is over, he's gonna feel bad. Waking up alone might make him feel he's not worthy and make him doubt himself even more and be more insecure.

There's a questionmark at the end of owari, so does that mean you'll continue it? _ Maybe a companion fic with Bakura's point of view? *SO not trying to put ideas in your head*
lslines chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
Going to state a fact here: You left a question mark after owari, therefore I have the right to pester you until I get a follow up! This snippet definetly deserves more. As for the experimental style, I find it interesting and recomend trying some more like this. I haven't heard of Jo Clayton before, let alone 'Wild Magic', but now you've got me interested. Must look her up.

Flame the fearfull

p.s Follow-up!
Repmet chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
OMG! Continue! you've got me cerious I want to know exactly whats going on here...
Snow Angel chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
Good...but a bit vague for my taste. Then again, vague leaves a dramatic impact. Heh, kind of like reverse psychology.