Reviews for Digimon Adventure: Aftermath
Gennai's Apprentice chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
Y'know what this story reminds me of? The Metal Gear series where the premise was for old soldiers to create circumstances where soldiers would be needed once again. The DDs must feel incredibly despondent for some reason to be thinking like this, but when I think about it, it would make sense if they were being manipulated. No evidence in the first chapter, but there's 24 more I have to read ;).

A great beginning, although a bit monotonous in setting the mood, the premise and the mechanics of the story are good. I'm looking forward to how this story turns out.
The Light's Refrain chapter 7 . 2/19/2006
...Well, it's offical now. Takeru is a traitor. And now nobody has any confidence in themselves...they'll need to pull themselves together soon, though. You never know when the Empress or Deathmon will strike again.
Eowyn the Fair chapter 6 . 1/5/2006
Uhm, there's more to this, right? Reading through this whole story I have to say I really enjoyed it, but I notice it hasn't been updated in a while. Oh well, it was still an excellent read, even though some of the romantic couplings seem kind of odd to me. Oh well, spices it up some I guess. Again, very nice, very entertaining.
The Light's Refrain chapter 6 . 10/29/2005
Woo, that was a long chappy XD. It was very well done too. It seems that they just might beat Deathmon, if they can just all unite...
Dark Qiviut chapter 6 . 10/28/2005
Very interesting work so far. Looks like the DigiDestined are finally getting their thinking straight.

Nice work here. Keep it up...
fangirl712 chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
you fucking bastard re sati and i shall get our revenge so in the meantime while we calculate ur pitiful demise go fuck yourself
The Light's Refrain chapter 5 . 9/15/2005
You certainly have some interesting couples in this fic. Takeru-Sora, Hikari-Miyako...

Well, looks like a clash with the true bad guy is drawing ever closer...and what role did Takeru have in it, I wonder?

I bet Mimi will be quite strong once she gets the hang of commanding her new Digimon.

One question though. Shouldn't Palmon come back at some point?
Dark Qiviut chapter 5 . 9/15/2005
Don't apologize for the length. Concentrate more on the quality, not the quantity.

Anyway, this is good here. I like the doubts on all the children here, including the confusions. It's very realistic and emotional. Plus, it describes the character development. While characterization's hard, character development's even harder. Bcause you're trying to recreate their minds while trying to keep a part of their old selves. And you're accomplishing that.

I can sense of Sokaru & Hiyako here. Well, it's your story, not mine. But will say that you develop the relationships little by little. Doing that will give the story some realism. Plus, they're still very young, so it isn't a good idea to make it heavy; romantic love is still a very touchy and incomprehensive subject to them when they're this young.

Very nice job here. Keep it up...
The Light's Refrain chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
Wow, this is an excellent fic. It makes a lot of sense; veterans of war often find themselves wishing to be on the battle field once again. Just what is Takeru up to anyway?

Random fact: I'm currently browsing on a Digimon forum you're on, and I might be joining XP. No clue what my username would be though.
Dark Qiviut chapter 4 . 8/1/2005
Yo there, Birdboy. Don't think you'd be alone in the review world, were ya?

Very good chapter. The thoughts were plan and clear. Very good.

Now, I will tell you this. You seem to have some sort of obsession with the "..." I've seen them come across in a ton of lines, and the places they showed up might've been better if they were either a colon, comma, hyphen, or period. When using the "...", only use them for suspenseful purposes, because you're starting to defeat its purpose.

And regarding the couples and the wars, I find couple wars extremely stupid. I mean, they're fictatous romances for crying out loud. We've seen enought couple wars out there, I believe.

Sorry for the rant; had to carry it out. Nice work so far. Keep it up!

P.S.: After you reviewed my story, I checked your livejournal out and found a link to my story. Thanks for the compliments...
takarimaster chapter 2 . 7/2/2005
deathmon very simple and effective name,the chosens are so sad weakening their digimons abilities and powers
KoumiLoccness chapter 3 . 7/2/2005
Another good chap dawg! I can't belive you added Micheals character too me I thought that foo look like a bastard lol..
Dark Qiviut chapter 3 . 7/1/2005
Very interesting work, Birdboy. Very sad and very angsty. We'll see more of that next time.

However, I do want to point something out... (from the scene where Noriko was mentioned)

[ He wanted to attack the Tsarina, oh, he wanted to attack that Kaiser-wannabe bitch so badly… From the view of an outsider, a normal human unknowing of digimon, it would look like some dressed-up little girl being savagely zapped by some sort of hideous froglike beast, how ironic it would seem… ]

If there's one rule of thumb that I don't believe should be broken, it's swearing in narration. Unless in dialogue or in some kind of message (i.e.: e-mail, phone call, or letter), leave them *out* in the narrative context.

Other than that, nice work. Keep it up.
Dark Qiviut chapter 2 . 6/9/2005
Really deep of emotion in these two chapters, from T.K.'s betrayal to Noriko's alignment as Digimon Empress to Sora's selfishness. This Deathmon is quite an interesting character. It's sort of like V-Tamers when Neo took care of ArcaDemon.

I like the way you showed desire, sadness, and worry on every DigiDestined so far. You showed some flaws and the negativity that has casted them to their friends and loved ones. Really deep in emotion there.

This is really good work, Birdboy, and very great choice of words, as well. I like to see more of this as time goes on...
BenignUser chapter 2 . 6/8/2005
A fantastic second chapter. Without a doubt the wish of the Chosen is... well, wrong (or evil, an ill-doing, etc), but it's definately believable and I can sympathize with their desires.

I'm looking forward to finding out some more about Takeru's betrayal - if it even is that - and how the Chosen (and the Digimon they met on File Island) are going to deal with Noriko and Deathmon. You've definately got me hooked in waiting for the next chapter.