Reviews for The Happy Red Prince
xvector chapter 5 . 1/20
I do so wish that this fic took the darker Slytherin!Harry.

Ravenclaw!Harry pleasing everyone has been overdone. It's become cliche'd. But there are very few good Slytherin!Dark!Harry fics - none with the setting you've created.

Would totally love to read another divergence of this fic where Harry got sorted into Slytherin instead!
Griffin Raven chapter 8 . 1/14
Harry definitely seems to have a n unusual way with the females - he's seems to be very drawn to certain ones and they to him. I'd say that Harry, can get away with a certain degree of things against the rules simply because Dumbledore wants Harry at Hogwarts very badly - more so that Harry wants to be at Hogwarts; if he had to choose.
Griffin Raven chapter 7 . 1/14
Will Harry also perhaps learn to ride a horse as well - because that seems the type of thing that a good pureblood young wizard would do? I wonder if it was Dumbledore who got rid of the "sword-fencing classes" at the school, and if it was just how many other class also have fallen to the waist side because of him and his views? I don't think that Lucius and his family will definitely have not so easy time in converting young Harry, as Lucius thinks he will. Do wonder just what Severus, actually thinks of Harry, and him being sorted into Ravenclaw - wonder what he'd think if he knew the hat's second choice was actually Slytherin?
Griffin Raven chapter 6 . 1/14
Can't help but wonder if its young Harry who just might end up converting Draco and his Slytherin friends to his views rather than the other way around? After how they expect Harry, to have a dislike against "muggleborns", especially in light of his mother Lily having been one. The Slytherin's seem to totally ignore that isn't Harry, himself a "half-blood"? Really don't think that Harry will stand for any type of bullying, teasing or racial prejudice's that seem to riddle the magical world? Children often can't help but parrott the same racial, blood prejudices that there parent's and there parent's were raised to believe.
Griffin Raven chapter 4 . 1/14
Absolutely loved the brilliant way that Harry's grandmother slapped Dumbledore down repeatedly but Harry's wicked defence of his grandmother to Dumbledore's implied threat was totally wicked! Lucius and Narcissa I feel might slowly come to have some respect for Harry's grandmothers beavviour and the responsible she took upon herself to raise her grandson after his favourite youngest daughter Lily's death.

I always thought that orphan baby/or child was always placed with the closet willing relative - I do feel that the grandmother would have been a better choice for the new little orphan Potter - but I think Dumbledore wanted the child somewhere/someone who wouldn't try to take control of the child - away from himself. Meddling old coot! Especially seeing as Petunia hated her younger sister and magic, and was never asked if she wanted to take her sister's orphan son - if she had been she would likely have refused. But Dumbledore, in his high mindness didn't ask because I feel he knew the answer to the question.

Despite the confrontation with Dumbledore and the slight victor - is the grandmother still willing to allow Harry, to go to a magical school under Dumbledore's control and where she can't prevent the old coot from trying to stick his paws in again to try to regain control over Harry's life?
Griffin Raven chapter 3 . 1/14
Wow! Somehow I'm not certain that Hogwarts is ready for the arrival of young Harry - as he's most likely going to cause some uproar whether it will be major or not will find out soon enough. Just what will Harry, learn from Lucius Malfoy about his inheritance? What will his grandmother choose to do about the issue of Dumbledore, having named himself Harry's magical guardian - but that he also has some control over his wealth at Gringotts? Somehow I imagine that the goblins, aren't to impressed with Dumbledore's "greedy paws" or control over the Potter family wealth?

Do hope that Harry's grandmother has already named another person whether they be muggle or magical to take over Harry's guardianship, especially considering her recent poor health and that she's rather elderly? Because if not, I imagine Dumbledore would strike immediately if she did die - and that would not be in the lad's interest? Somehow, can't wait to see what house Harry's sorted into but also how all of the Hogwart's staff react towards him - especially Severus Snape and Dumbledore?
Griffin Raven chapter 1 . 1/14
Azalea is Lily's mother - then should she have enough of a connection to Lily through blood for the so-called "blood wards" that Dumbledore claimed little Harry needed to be safe from all those that would try to harm. But those wards offered absolutely no protection from the "nastiness" of either/or both Vernon and Petunia's behaviour towards the little baby. Imagine that Dumbledore might be very angry if/and when he does discover that Azalea has taken custody of the baby - Petunia's marriage annulled, and also moved back to the family estate with her mother, and Harry?
Guest chapter 2 . 1/3/2014
compared to your other story this is total Bullox
Guest chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Lily's mom seems like a horrible woman. Just by the way she treats and thinks of her only alive daughter is horrid. She said she could never amount to anything! But I like the book, so I'm gonna keep on reading.
lilmisadiva chapter 11 . 2/9/2013
lilmisadiva chapter 6 . 2/6/2013
loving this
elmoryakhan chapter 11 . 1/16/2013
It was a nice story. Pity you abandoned it.
Kairan1979 chapter 11 . 12/8/2012
That's really sad your story wasn't updated.
Funny that "pampered rich prince" is much more talented than Canon!Harry (damn Dursleys!).
I enjoyed his unique style of defeating troll just as much as confrontation with Dumbledore.
Makes you wonder if he is going to keep his promise and do something to save Cho's brother (let's face it, it's better than to destroy it).
Sikanda chapter 6 . 7/24/2012
I like this story but I get a little grossed out by all the older woman wanting to *snog* with Harry...I mean he is ELEVEN for goodness sakes! Now granted the age of first sexual attraction IS eleven so I can understand him perhaps getting some interest in girls his age or even a year or so older but what age is Penelope and Alyssa like fifteen at least? That difference in age and maturity makes me highly doubt they would be wanting to make out with someone so young! I mean when I was that age I was intrested in guys that were in my grade or year or two above me...I would have NEVER dreamed of dating a fifth/sixth grader! And if it was an older boy doing that to a girl that age and it was found out you know theyd be punished! So yeah just am not feeling all of that so am going to try and ignore those parts because besides that detail I really like this story and I like how you portray Cho Chang and the Malfoys and Mrs Evans is a really cool character...
Analatelle chapter 5 . 5/8/2012
in my opinion, treating dumbledor like that was rather... disheartening

really, i felt really sad:(

oh well! good story