Reviews for Deliverance
Ro 'FlyinBootay chapter 19 . 11/18/2012
A very sad, cliffhanger of a story ending in a laugh and relief! I love it!
W.S.C. Magica De Spell chapter 19 . 8/25/2010
This was a really amazing story. I loved how you made it a slight crossover.
LILKENNY chapter 19 . 11/16/2009
I saw, that your story is several years old and I'm not sure you're even interested in reviews anymore. But since I enjoyed this story very much I guess it's only fair to write this anyway ;)

As I said already, I liked the story very much. Since I'm a big fan of my favorite characters getting hurt in stories only to be rescued (preferably by their significant others) later. There was really a great amount of that in your story and them rescuing each other over and over again was really great. There was a lot of suspension although I have to admit I never really doubted they would make it out of there alive.

Although I'm not a big fan of crossovers and even less of CSI:Miami I enjoyed it this time, too. Maybe because the crossover part wasn't that significant or because Horatio wasn't getting on my nerves as much as he does on the show ;) I actually liked him in your story, which means a lot...

Sometimes I thought it would be nice to read more about this or that (e.g. more about the forensic investistigation Mac and Horatio did for the case or about the state of mind of the killer). But then it wouldn't have fit the story to just put a part like that in there without changing the flow and the pace of the story, so in the end although I would still like to know more about that, the story is better off without it. Because this way it's concentrating more on Eames and Goren.

What I liked a lot is the subtle romance that's sometimes simmering through between those two. It's only very mild for most of the story and definately totally platonic Maybe that's why the aend made me laugh really hard. It was just so cute, her kissing him on the cheek and then he hugging her. Not to mention Carver nearly getting a stroke because of it. I'm still smiling just thinking about it.

So even if it's been a while since wou wrote this tory I'm really glad you did because if those two are leaving the show CI now I'll still have something to read and have a good time. Thanks a lot for that.
N811 chapter 19 . 1/9/2009
god i really love your story. It was really hard to read and not cry when they were enjured but you managed to write you're story as if it would be an episode!

IT#s the best I read in months...and I read every day!
IntoDarkness chapter 19 . 10/26/2008
Very exciting and moving.
OuroborosSnyder chapter 19 . 10/3/2008
Wow! So I read this in one sitting...and finally finished it. Yay!

Just wow. I loved this so much. Very good job with this. I was interested the whole way through and nothing could get me to stop reading!

So...a sequel? Something tells me you're not a BA shipper, which means it won't be an ending like I'm hoping for. Yeah, I know, I'm a pathetic shipper who has to have a shippy ending; although this wasn't bad. )

Anyways, great job.

caeria chapter 7 . 3/16/2008
Argghh. I just found your story and I'm reading along. very gripping so far and I'm enjoying the blending of the three tv shows (although Horatio Cain makes me grind my teeth in annoyance - the 'real' one does too so that's not your doing).

I know the story is already finished, but I just had to let out a bellow of frustration when they didn't take the arrow with them. There is a arrow stuck in the tree and they took the note but not the weapon. Even held in your hand, a arrow (especially one with a razor bladed hunting tip (or even the snub nosed target tips) can do a lot of damage.

Okay, yeah, it was a useless whine but i got it out of my system. Back to the story.
InfinityStar chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
I don't think I've read this yet; I thought I had...but I would have reviewed...hmm.

I love the way you start it with them already in Mathers' grasp. Way to immediately build suspense. "So help me, Bobby, if you bite me..." I love that :-)

I do like the concern and air of familiarity they share. They have a real bond that was shaken this season but not shattered. It's nice to see their concern for each other in a tangible way.
Vara chapter 10 . 5/23/2007
Hey thanks for replying to my earlier comment(s). I couldn't find your fic again after having to log off to go to bed the other night. Now I have a link back. And thanks also for not being as touchy as I tend to be...*winces*

It's a good story, as long as I can let the details slide. hehe Hey I've noticed and liked how you find ways to use phrases that are common to certain characters. I keep going 'Carver says that often' or 'hey that is -so- what Deakins would say there' hehe nice touch.
Vara chapter 9 . 5/18/2007
I think what's happening is our different interpretations of the chars are starting to become even more strongly separated. He, a highly trained cop, left an armed and dangerous person in order to check on a wounded partner-I know there are emotional issues at hand but again, as I said before, the training really should kick in some time. So far Goren is acting like an emotional 'damsel in distress' and male or female that character type bugs me. (that last comment was not intended as an insult or even a comment on your writing, it's just my own feeling about the type that's all)

I think Goren is unreasonably mobile, with the sort of injuries you've described, and added to, he should not be capable of moving his arm that much, or turning, shifting, walking, gesturing and definitely not lifting with anything close to the ease you allow. He is obviously not simply blocking the pain, unless he stops blocking it for convenient winces but I'm certainly not going to accuse you of a cheep trick like that! His hand is severely bitten (the location I would argue with as being very awkward, I can't bite my own arm above the wrist bit I can bite my wrist or the fleshy part of my hand). He has been poisoned. He has a serious concussion (which is not giving him any of the symptoms of a concussion such as dizziness, blurred vision, disorientation or fainting) and he has those spokes in his back. *shrugs* Taking out all of my preferences for the character (because we're all entitled to our own views of them of course) I think the repercussions of the wounds are unrealistic.

I'm still enjoying the story. I, uhm, well I try to point out things to be helpful, to give my view and make suggestions for the writer to think about. I hope I'm not offending you, it really is a very nice, very well done story thus far.
Vara chapter 7 . 5/18/2007
Seriouly, Goren was in the military, I don't remember what branch of service or what sort of stuff he did but most people in the military are taught basic survival in hostile conditions with limited resources-it's not just a thing the Marines and other elites do. Pain, fear, stress and the rest would-I think-push him to fall back on training rather than running scared and senseless. Well, ok either he'd fall back on his training -or- I can also see him giving in to his insecurities and issues...but I'd think the situation would have to be much more psychological and less physical, after all he had a very hard time dealing with (gosh, sorry, terrible with names) that Australian woman... anyhow he had a hard time with her, but tends to mentally/emotionally handle physical danger better. *shrugs* That's what I get of him from the show.

Still enjoying the fic! Please don't get me wrong and think I'm faming, ok? I don't mean to be harsh/rude/mean. Just, uh, giving feedback.
Vara chapter 6 . 5/18/2007
sorry, that sounded a little corny, and irrelevant, at the end. CSI people go in after the scene is secure, they have absolutely no chance of choosing between taking the suspect or the detectives alive. I know Horatio can get a bit carried away with his reasurances sometimes...but he's promising something that has nothing at all to do with his job. His people aren't even really supposed to 'find' missing people, just isolate the possible locations and derive information about weapons, methods, victims/perp(s) and things like that from evidence gathered. *shrugs* I get picky with the tv shows too, whichis why I rarely watch CSI (they break 'procedure' in ways so blatant even -I- can spot them! XD ).
Vara chapter 5 . 5/18/2007
The opening interaction with Mack and Stella seemed 'off' to me also. However, yet again, the rest was very well done. I do love that pacing you have. So fast and now you're introducing uhm...well I think it was seven new chars in this chap (I'm terrible with learning names and chars/people but I have seen some eps of these shows so I sort of know who they are) but even though there are now a -lot- of chars you are still maintaining a good focus. I don't feel lost in the plot and I'm not having trouble keeping up...just, please, get back to Goren and Eames! *worries about favourite twitchy TV detective* Poor guy, his own 'issues' must be giving him heck-forcibly restrained, blindfolded, not knowing where he is and being totally unable to protect his partner...
Vara chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
My only 'crit' is that the introduction of info which both chars already knew i.e. the dump sites for the recovered bodies, was very awkward. If they both already knew it I doubt they'd have an exchange where one said to the other something to the effect of 'you do remember what you figured out, don't you?' ...not too sure how I would handle that situation though...I tend to have chars refer to things in conversation and allow the reader to realise the conection so i guess I might have gone with something like: She was almost comforted b his reasurances but then facts reasserted themselves; the killer's MO had involved dumping the bodies in remote wilderness areas well outside of the city's limits.

Hey other than that one tiny little exchange the rest of the chap was incredible! I am drooling to find out what happens next and the pace is so fast that I had to force myself to stop and review. Not only is the pace fast but the story line is still very clear and easy enough to follow that there's no confusion about the progression of events. I also thought you did a great job describing Alex's regaining of consciousness, I could so see it like on tv where they start the scene very tight and then back up suddenly and -bam- we find out she's tied up, blindfolded and gagged. *grins and scurries off to read more*
Coney Island chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
This is actually one of my favorite stories of all. I've read it over, along with your sequel pieces many times. They don't even need to be *together*. The way that you wrote their friendship makes it enough.