Reviews for Roundabout
Trying -Helps chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
That was confusing, I think I get it but it was sort of hard. Good writing though, short but sweet I guess.
Take the Good Person Test, fourth search result on Google.
la bellatrix chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
-the metaphor used was a powerful one .its an interesting idea because of the idea it presents
Zang Bluetterfly chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
It's short but prods a good point. many time we feel comfortable with the comfort we get.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Now this is an interesting concept!

It reminded me of my own bird. Although her cage is rather spacious, I wanted to let her be free to fly around my house for exercise. I left her cage door wide open. For three days straight. Not once did she venture outside of her cage. I read somewhere that removing a pet bird from its cage can be frightening for the creature. It considers that its home and feels safe, secure, and provided for. Throwing it out into the open, the article said, could be akin to throwing people overboard a cruise ship to "free" them from the "confines" of the ship. That puts a whole new perspective on the perceived plight of a caged bird.

It's ironic how much the lesson impacts Neji, while Iruka is unaware that he is teaching. I wonder what Neji's "cage" is... being part of the Branch family? I wonder if maybe Konoha itself couldn't be considered that "familiar place to return to". Hmm...
Lady of the frozen black flame chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Whoa! Cool story, it made me really think about it!
Leben chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Interesting idea. But too short.
iwillchange chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Oh I really love this one, got me thinking. I think a lot of people want to see a follow-up, and count me in.
Mere Anarchy chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Very thought-provoking. I think this deserves a follow-up fic.
een nihc chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
Iruka's word in your story strikes me and gets me thinking. I think it is the chance of getting freedom to make choices which matter most. In the end, not making any choice is still a choice.

Anyway, thank you for writing this lovely piece.
zombierocksyo chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
GSYH chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
It is kinda depressing, but hey, the bird choose to come back.

The way I figure it is, if bars were suddenly placed around my home, even if I've been living there for years and would have gone or living there for forever, I would have spent every hour trying to escape, but if there are no bars, why not?
Azamiko chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
Gah, now that's rather depressing...but as long as the bird isn't held against it's will...and there is that saying 'if you love something let it go, and if it was meant to be, it will come back to you.'
darkmystik chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
wah~! this was good! it was simple and it provokes thinking ) i enjoyed the read )
Uozumi chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
Interesting. Short and very well written. I liked it immensely.

~ Uozumi
Yakusha chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
Whoo hoo, scary. I can see why Neji was so horrified as a little kid. I like it (no surprise there).