Reviews for After Plague
Kaname1993 chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
Nice. Honestly I've thought of a similar idea since a plague would make a lot of sense as for how the adults are so scarce. I recently began rewatching the series and noticed how nearly all of the inhabitants are in fact children or young teens, they hardly ever show adults.
CloudyRaven chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
I don't remember much about this show, but the population age is something I never noticed before.

Reading the story, it sounded possible that Dragon City suffered from a plague. You are a very talented writer to come up with this idea. Anything could have happened to have brought it on, you even had me guessing it was the inhabitants of Down City.

The only thing I noticed was that there should be a space between "dragon riding" and "her howling." They are minor and take nothing away from it.
Draco09 chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
O.O

O... M... G this is getting really exciting! :D
Mai Blade chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
I thought it said 'plaque' as in that stuff on your teeth. *head desk* Ow.

I never gave much thought to age before. I thought they were way older than they looked. (I thought Phistus was like 20-30 something when I first saw him O.o) Then it never occured to me to think about their parents. After all I seem to see a lot of adults around so it just... never occured to me much to think about it. This fic was interesting because it made me think.

This is well-written, as usual, and I like it. I like that you named Artha's mom too, (original?). Too bad she left though. (If I was neglected like that I probably would have left too. But with at least one of my kids.) I can't find anything to crit, (not that I actually look, actually...), so good job! :D
buffy-loves-angel chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
i love dragon booster
sostrangechild chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
Oh. I liked that. Was the blue-haired girl Mortis looked after Kitt? Or was it someone else? Nice little theme or plot.
SyntheticEuph0ria chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
O.O ...Wow...I mean, really, wow.

This was really good, though I don't really agree with the whole plague thing...

But still...If I had, then that would be COMPLETELY believable.

Okay, I've now read both of your DB stories (and liked both), so you are now qualified for dramatic pause my Fav. Authors list! .

Hope to read more DB fanfics from you in the future!
Mushroom Soup chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
Assuming this isn't alternate universe, I don't quite agree with your theory, for a number of reasons...

1. Okay, so most of the characters are 20 or under... but that doesn't mean all of Dragon City is that way. For instance, if you want to write a story about high school, most of your MAIN characters are going to be teens, because most of the readers will be teens. There are a few adult characters here and there throughout the story, though. But that doesn't mean there are no other adults in the world. It's just that the story doesn't focus on them, because they're not important. And plus, there are plently of older (but not very important) characters in the show. Watch a few episodes, it doesn't take much effort to find them. And if I remember correctly, some crew leaders (eg: Khata, possibly Kawake) are older than 18.

2. If it is sickness that wiped everybody out, then children are the most susceptible, along with the elderly, who have weak immune systems. Adults have better immune systems, and are therefore somewhat more resistant against illness. As a result, there would be many dead children, and the population would be older. Even if their parents die first, they will eventually die too, because they may be wandering alone for days without anybody to take care of them (and with parents dead, there are bound to be various unsavoury characters about). Also, you say Artha was born in the early stages of the plague. There are many other characters the same age as he. They should all be dead, having gone through the peak of the plague at the same time as Artha.

3. You say many orphans were taken in by Mortis during the plague. But the history of the dragon-priests and the dragon-human war is largely a forgotten one. Many of the Down City crews, though being descendants of the original empires, are unaware of the fact. This would mean they know nothing of the past; Mortis, a reminder of that past, contradicts this.

3. This society has much better technology than we. They are much more capable of containing and understanding a disease than we, unless a super-resistant viral strain had been developed.

Putting improbabilities aside, I will say I do not detect *much* slash, so there is no need for a warning. (Geez, people have to be so careful of everything to the point of putting "caution: hot" on coffee cups). What's wrong with guys being friends? That is, if they weren't fondling each other or anything.

The story is rather dull. A plague brings up death, and death brings us angst. Or, if there is no death, then it brings up science and moral issues. That is pretty logical (albeit rather cliched). Come on, we need something that will interest us. People are interested in conflict, whether it is internal or external. You don't seem to have a central conflict; this story seems to wander.

Keep the reader's attention by making them want to know more about something. We don't need mushy passages about who ditched who. If you are going to write about it, though, make the reader want to know more about it instead of just saying straight out that it happened (although sometimes, you can't always say "guess what?", like character descriptions for example).

If you want to talk about a plague, then talk about it. Don't get distracted by some wishy-washy romantic crap. If you want to talk about wishy-washy romantic crap, then mention the plague if it's important at all, but don't focus too much on it. Focus is everything! I have no idea what your main idea is.

Please don't take any offense. I am not flaming, as flamers often have no reason behind their opinion. Instead, take some constructive criticism.
Vee chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
Great. Really explains a lot, and as usual, excellent use of vocab and descriptions. Apart from bits of slashy-ness (I'm not a big slash supporter), it's just a really terrific story!

Though I believe Mortis and Connor are the same person, and that Moordryd's mother was Zulay ("Faster Than Fear". Episodes air faster on Canadian channel CBC than Jetix).
Mermaid Ninja chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
Mortis IS Conner.
Kraven the Hunter chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Dang, this is good stuff. Yeah, Word & Connor used to be good friends, but their differing ideas on how to stop the next Dragon-Human War drove a rift between them. & ironically, Word is now the guy trying to start the war.
InfamousB chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
About F'n time a Dragon Booster fic showed up! And a good one too! Great story concept. Well thought and executed. Hope to read more from you.
shadow-cat720 chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Good story!
SmallInsect chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Nice. Dragon Booster's not a fandom I know anything about but this is intriguing and written in your usual brilliant style. Congratulations.
The Lightning Flash chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Lovely, you've provided an explaination for the lack of adults, pasts for the canon characters, and reasons why none of them seem to have parents.

Nicely done. :)