Reviews for Bad Grace
Oakeneye chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
I actually just finished reading Good Omens for the first time about an hour ago-I can't wait to start this fic in earnest! I was totally dumbfounded at the wordcount for this! Really... it could be an honest to goodness novel! I admire your ability to stick to something... I'm afraid I've never even been able to go past about five chapters.

I'd write more, but since this /is/ only the prologue, after all, and it's about 1AM, I think I'll just keep reading. I can say one thing, though-Adam's hitting puberty! This should be interesting!
Coin Operated Boy chapter 33 . 2/6/2008
Hey, QW - it's a26blackbentley from LJ. I just finished reading the whole fic, and there were literally tears in my eyes when I got to the last chapter (Not the epilogue, the last chapter. Of course, there were still tears in my eyes when I got to the epilogue, the tears having carried over from the last chapter.).

I already gushed about this on LJ, but I feel the need to gush about it here, too. Everyone's characterizations were spot on, and I can tell you did so much research to get the details right. I love Agnes' prophecies, I love the Sins (and I had a grand time figuring out which Sin was which). This whole fic was incredibly well-written, which is something you really just don't much with fanfiction. Usually I hesitate to read any at all. I can only say that I'm overjoyed I actually took the time to sit down and read this through.

Because I'm a beta reader at heart, I will say that there were some typos in this fic that could have been avoided, but apart from that I can find nothing wrong with it at all. It would take me far too long to fully tell you how much I love this fic. I'm seriously considering going back chapter by chapter and leaving a review about my favorite parts in each.

Thank you so much for sharing this work of art with us Good Omens fans. This fic has truly made my day, and I think we GO fans should count ourselves lucky to have some truly amazing writers in the fandom.
Mayhem21 chapter 33 . 1/29/2008
*cheers and claps her hands* Oh, that was just brilliant! I read the first eleven chapters last week and then sat down are read the remaining 22 today. You did such an amazing job.

Etymology of names must have. My friends and I rely heavily on those for our own stories. And when dealing with other countries and languages, there's room for puns and hints as well. Finding the proper meaning is so hard. Thankk goodness for sites like behindthename dot com. Couldn't have done anything without it.

Love Zira using the internet. Love poor Crowley. I, for one, felt he was in character the entire time. Hastur was a brilliant red herring - and we've done our share in the past! Bravo! Beelzebub Crawley Chokmah lol! I love it when things just come together so perfectly. It's a sign that you already knew everything in the back of your head and it's just now letting you know.

And yes, this is not the Discworld's Death. This is our 'verse's Death. The two are very dissimilar. You can see that all the way back in GO.

And I sat here these last few chapters with Wikipedia open. Love the Sephiroth, the arch-angels and -demons. Just brilliant.

Madam, you have created a truly wonderful story. And now I go off to see what else you've written.

-Ptath of Mayhem21

ps - you haven't unchecked the setting to allow non-FFN authors to post replies. Common error as it is the default setting.
hull lull lull chapter 8 . 12/15/2007
Urgh. Anathema's kid is Him, isn't she?

A She. What a WONDERFUL twist on the whole God&Jesus-are-male thing.
hull lull lull chapter 6 . 12/15/2007
Oh, good one! I've always wished someone would write something like this... Christ's second coming and so forth.
hull lull lull chapter 5 . 12/15/2007
Crowley is being considerably sentimental. A bit.

And really, I expected them to dodge around the subject before getting together or anything... more fun that way, really.

Ah, well. Anyway, so far, so good. Especially the footnotes.
hull lull lull chapter 2 . 12/15/2007
Oh, DASHIT. I have to sleep. I'll return tomorrow, promise...

This looks very, very, very promising. It sounds fantastic. Looking forward to the rest of it...
Moonsign chapter 32 . 10/26/2007
Utterly, utterly wonderful. I have enjoyed every moment of this story! The humour, the pace, and the characters were so close to GO that this could genuinely be a real sequel and the plot was inspired. I loved the witches turning up at the fair. It made me smile...
milgarion chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
gibbering mess now, thank you...

i have to be in work in an hour, i havn't slept! i hope your proud of yourself (of course you are, why wouldn't you be)

it was rather more than good - it was in fact, pretty much gaiman! i will now declare my undying love for, propose to give you my first born child and quite frankly all my net profit earnings for the next fifteen years, just for the sole feat of getting that bloody angel and demon together in such a way that left me so uncomfortably happy at the end of it all.

kisses.
Rhya Storm chapter 33 . 10/13/2007
Okay. I just need to say that ... I love you. A really freaking lot.

There are really so many reasons I love this story. I honestly think that this is the perfect sequel to Good Omens. Every time I start thinking about my favorite parts of the book, bits of your story drift in, and it all seems perfectly natural and fits right in until my brain blinks and says, Wait - wasn't that fanfiction? But it made sense just like the first one did ... and an internal debate ensues that is only solved by my falling asleep. Or reading more of your story.

And about the making sense part ... it does. I mean, you do. Whatever. The first book made you really *think*, about a lot of things that you might have entertained before but been too distracted or too unsure of yourself to really delve into. All the parallels and opposites, overlapping ... and your story does the *exact same thing*. It makes you think along the same lines the book did, in the same way. It has the same awesome parallels that make you shriek in incredulous laughter when you figure it out, each and every time.

So. Having finished reading your story for the first time (and, in all probability, not the last), I felt the need to tell you that your story is entangled with the book so thoroughly in my mind that it's gonna give me a migraine to try and seperate them. And I really, really love you for that. I love every last, little thing about this story. You hear me? EVERYTHING. I love the sense, the pairings, the dialogue, the narration, the humor and the seriousness, everything. I couldn't list it all if I tried.

Go-Sa-EVERYONE bless.

~Rhya.
Sabulana chapter 33 . 9/25/2007
This was utterly fantastic. I honestly cannot tell you just how much I enjoyed this because you've left me pretty much incoherent. *turns into a big pile of happy mush and adds it to her favourites*
Verre chapter 31 . 9/15/2007
Sandman reference. Yay! The original Death seems out of character. In the book (and in Discworld mythology) Death seemed somber and literal, at the very most having a dry sense of humor, not so rudely sarcastic.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the chapter.
Verre chapter 19 . 9/15/2007
The second discworld reference in a row! I love this. Going to try to finish the story tonight. Terribly clever concept and the writing mirror's Gaiman and Pratchett's.
juniper red chapter 32 . 9/9/2007
As with the first time that I read it, this story is absolutely brilliant in all manner of ways. I cannot even tell you how happy it makes me. Everyone is perfectly in character, Crowley and Aziraphale are the most adorably obtuse idiotic not-quite-human beings ever to fall in love and Rachel is a brilliantly concieved character and the perfect counterpart to Adam. Thank you for a truly wonderful story.
Machiavelli Jr chapter 32 . 7/26/2007
Lovely, and as close to the Duo's authorial voice as anyone who isn't a pair of half-crazy genii is ever going to get. If I had to give a criticism, I'd say that Azrael is a bit... off, I can't quite put my finger on what it is but surely the Angel of Death needs a bit more conviction, or theatre, or *something*, he just seemed a bit of an anticlimax. More of the Sins and Horsepersons would have been nice too, they're such joy to read. Overall, though, many congratulations on a damn fine attempt at a near-impossible job.
145 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »