Reviews for The Name's Wheeler
xyugiohluvrx chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I think you definately acheived the sarcastic tone. Good job!
ShiningGalaxy chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
HAHAHAAHHAHAH that's Joey for you! Awesomeness right there! Great job **two thumbs up**
Secretly Sparkling chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
"Sorry-didn’t-catch-your-name, yeah, that’s who I am"

You could have posted that one line and nothing else and I still would have adored it.

Sarcastic tone, definately, and I think it suited the situation(s) perfectly. Makes me wonder if this poem is mainly to get back at one person.

I think the darker, "not quite as dumb as you think" Joey is captured perfectly in this piece.
Arual20 chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
I love this! I can really see Joey saying this! Maybe his saying this to Kaiba? I always have an idea in my head were some big CEO gets the best out of Kaiba and destroys Kaiba Corp leaving Kaiba without a buisness and no one will give him a job and they take Mokuba away. So some time passes and he finds in the newspaper a job application somewhere he hasn't tried before, so the thing is the CEO of this corp. is none other than Joey who's buisness is bigger than Kaiba's. Maybe one of this days, i'll start writing this story. Bye!
Darkyami7 chapter 1 . 12/12/2005
Hey, that's neat!
Amarie Miriel chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
Very nice! I could definately see the sarcasm in it. I like how you made it actually sound like him by using "dis" "dat" etc.
Atemu's Queen chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Great poem about Joey. Sounds like he moved up in the world. Way to go Wheeler.

BTW, have you checked out my latest "Ryku's"?
The Fifth Champion chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
Lol, this was very cute. I'm a huge Seto-Supporter, but I don't really mind Joey.

You brought a lot of emphasis out on how he's second-rate to Yugi and everyone, it was brilliant. The things you called him fit perfectly, and it really sounded like Joey-"I’m- who are you? Monkey, lightweight, didn’t-even-try." Your very in-character, even if it's sarcastic. I can picture Joey saying these sort of things.

I loved the dialect you gave him. "dat, da, doin', cheerin'"

The way you ended it was perfect, and brings out such emphasis on what Joey's trying to say.

"Sorry-didn’t-catch-your-name, yeah, that’s who I am,

And look where I ended up,

A whole lot better dan you,

A million dollars higher up." It's like he's shoving it in somebody's face. Hm, was he angry at someone?

Another great poem, I'll be reading more by you!
Yuki of the Snow chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
I think that this poem reminds me of one called the master. I thought that it was funny though._
SmallInsect chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
This is so cool! probably the best of your poems I've read yet. There's a raplike quality to it and it's very jaunty and crooked, yet straight forward and no nonsense - just like Joey _. So well written. Onto my faves it goes. And I just might reccomend it too...
wormapple chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
this is really good. looking forward to more of your work!
Nanni Nano chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
This sounds exactly like a poem our little puppy dog would write! Fantabulous job!

Keep being inspired,

~TTS~ *still looking for that publisher*
griiffins chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Nicely done! You should write more poems about the rest of the gang! Toodlepip!
anonymous chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
excellant poem. you captured joey's personality perfectly