Reviews for The Return
Anon chapter 4 . 5/9
I'm glad this story is discontinued. We don't need ignorant swine like you in the RK fandom and I hope you never write another story for it again, you nasty piece of trash.
adamjb chapter 7 . 12/20/2010
A very good start. I'm sad to hear that you won't finish this story.
zafaran chapter 7 . 7/5/2009
Have you thought about actually taking them down so folks don't ask you to continue them? You had an excellent beginning on this particular story, and you made the choice not to continue. It's a bit disingenuous to leave them up and then fuss about the fact that people like what they see and want to read more of what happens. Zafaran {mailto:} zafaran {at} fastmail {dot} fm
iratecat chapter 7 . 11/17/2007
I'm very sad to hear that you will not be continuing this... Great story, nonetheless.
audsome chapter 7 . 5/19/2007
aw, its said that you aren't continuing this because a more contemporary fic would have been interesting. but on the other hand it isn't, because it is basically a retelling of the anime in a different time setting.
audsome chapter 4 . 5/19/2007
the idea for this fic is really interesting, and the parallelism to kenshin's historical setting is neat.
Fenikkusuken chapter 7 . 2/7/2007
You really are risking a Level Ten Death Glare; however, I know what it is to have the creative juices head in different directions at different points in my life.

Good luck, and don't forget to come hang out in the sandbox now and again!
Warg chapter 1 . 2/4/2007

While I see that this has been discontinued(for good?) I can't help but read on. Alternate history? Woah.. and what a flying start.

The setting is unique, but i've come to expect that from you. The history lesson helps the reader get his bearing straight away, while the ending(of it) marks the strength of your prose. And of the "myth".. all the sharper for swords being completely outdated by the time.

"dissapear without a trace".. instantly I thought of the opening lines of Rurouni Kenshin, from ep-1.. and found that i'd been expecting you to use them.. yes. The built up to that, the scene in the airport with the varying degrees of insight into Kenshin.. the dialogue, the other characters, specially Saito, and the constricting feel to it.. all of it brilliant.

Saito and Kenshin's final bit of conversation mapped things out well. I'll be inhaling the rest of this soon as I can, and all the while feeling sorry that there won't be any more of this stunning tale :P)

WolfDaughter chapter 7 . 2/3/2007
No! You can't discontinue, it's just not cool! Delay, postpone, procrastinate by all means, but don't just leave us like this!
skenshingumi chapter 7 . 2/3/2007
You always have nuggets as takeaways. One from this chapter is the image of Kenshin apparently shuffling idly, totally aware yet hiding it of Saito's presence, while the ever watchful Wolf of Mibu is fully aware that he is not watching a bumbling dance but a master. I also loved Saito's insight, "Saito had not expected was the genuine lack of excitement, bravado or daredevilry that he would expect from a teenage killer – the assassin was no thrill-seeking boy, in it for his own ego. Nor was he samurai, killing for duty and bushido; no, Hitokiri Battousai had been that rarest and most dangerous of creatures, a genuine idealist."

Well, I can't say that I am not sad to see the end of three very promising stories. I hope that by putting them away you may get inspired and one day return to them. In any case, your writing is a pleasure to read and each chapter of each of these stories has been thoughtful and often an interesting new take on beloved characters. I hope you continue to write and to write in the RK universe in particular, even if you need to take a break for now. Thank you for the entertainment.
gure chapter 7 . 2/3/2007
For someone who's stuck, this was a very nice chapter. The laundry imagery was excellent.

I'm sorry this story and your other two didn't work out for you, but they were much fun to read, and I wish you luck on your other endeavors, stories and otherwise. _
Fenikkusuken chapter 6 . 7/15/2006
Glad this one stayed on life-support! Nice tension between Saito and Himura...and the wire-tapping was well done. Kept the anxiety level for the reader very high.
skenshingumi chapter 6 . 7/12/2006
"“I gave up so much for my dream of Japan. Surely I’ve earned the right to enjoy it.” Saito only laughed."

I loved the way you contrasted cynicism and experience against hope in this chapter. I though the lines I quoted above really highlighted that.

I am glad you reactivated this story. I look forward to more.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 6 . 7/12/2006
Goodness but Saitoh appears to have siphoned off some of Kenshin's self-contempt from the anime series! Those lines:

"I have paid my dues. I have the right to live an ordinary life."

"You cannot be so naive. For killers such as you and I there is no such thing."

Brought it out very well. And here I thought Kenshin was supposed to be the angsty one! It was clever of Saitoh to draw those parallels between himself and Kenshin. He's just as ruthless with words as he is with a sword.

Kenshin is so firmly dedicated to his new, domesticated existence that I can't wait to see what you'll do to shake him out of his complacency and get him to join forces with Saitoh. Will Okubo's death be enough to sway him? Guess I'll have to wait and see!
Terenbas chapter 6 . 7/11/2006
ALL RIGHT! Go Rhiyana! You are one of the few people I know that accurately portray Saitou. Don't quit this one! it's Good!

...Quick question, you need to work a little on Sano. You made him too brash and reckless. He is devil-may-care, yes, but he is not foolish. This is all I have time for. I would critique more, but I gotta go. See ya!
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »